corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » So whos actually buying a ps3?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So whos actually buying a ps3?
Whittie

User status: Offline
8th Mar 07 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To The Top!
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Online
9th Mar 07 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
A PATENT may allow Sony to ensure that no game would be playable from any console other than the one in which it was first read.
Joystiq is reporting that this patent is the source of the many rumours that will mean as much to gamers as DRM is for music fans.

The technology would allow an authentication code to be read and then rendered unreadable, making the software unplayable on any machine but the one which first read it.

This sums it all up for me and sony im affraid.

So No renting games either? I cant see this happen - but If it does, gg sony -you've lost

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
topshot_2k
Banned

9th Mar 07 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would imagine rentable games to have different licenses. i agree if they do it then sony
Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it will be to sony regardless, well maybe just to the ps3.

its always shifting this marketplace of consoles, with certain manufacturers gaining the advantage for a number of years, a few years ago it was nintendo, then sony, now it will be sonys turn to take a back seat, maybe to the xbox. Im sure the microsoft will lose the lead at some point in time
Marc

9th Mar 07 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a Wii yet Stcheven?
Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no but i had one a few mins ago, does that count?
Marc

9th Mar 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, yes it does.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

its always shifting this marketplace of consoles, with certain manufacturers gaining the advantage for a number of years, a few years ago it was nintendo, then sony, now it will be sonys turn to take a back seat, maybe to the xbox. Im sure the microsoft will lose the lead at some point in time

Lad at work was rabbitting on about sony leaving the console gaming market after the ps3 anyway, not sure how true this is - as he is full of shit

Apparently they want to excel in other areas of home entertainment, and leave MS + Nintendo to it

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Marc

9th Mar 07 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They already do excel with Wegas
Steve
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Lad at work was rabbitting on about sony leaving the console gaming market after the ps3 anyway, not sure how true this is - as he is full of shit

Apparently they want to excel in other areas of home entertainment, and leave MS + Nintendo to it

is his name --dave-- by any chance?
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Mar 07 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, --Darren--

Wrighty will confirm his "full of shitness"

Infact, I dont know why i listen to him at all

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jamie Walby

9th Mar 07 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because you're a chump?
--Dave--
Banned

9th Mar 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

--Dave--
Banned

9th Mar 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve I don't understand you at all.

One minute you're telling me you love me over Xbox Live and sending me pics of your cock etc, the next you're saying I'm full of shit

What's it to be lad! I just want to know where I stand with you.
Jamie Walby

9th Mar 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just pre-ordered mine
Doug

10th Mar 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of the day i think the 360 has taken Sonys crown this time.

Yes you can now go on and say how you dont get a HD player built into the 360 but remember this, with the PS3 you dont get a HD lead with it to connect it up to your TV so remember to add that onto the price....

And also it really dosnt matter if your watching a HD DVD or just a normal DVD beacuse only 5% own HD TV's..... so it makes no real difference if your watching the DVD on a 15" fishbowl which is what the majority of consumers still use!

From my experience of owning a 360 I would have to say that the PS3 has a lot to live up to in terms of online play, general ease of use, acessories and game titles.

It shows alot about the industrys support for a console when they go from being console specific to multi-console.....*cough* Grand theft auto series *cough*

I would love to provide the source for this next comment but I cant find the thread on corsasport as the post history feature is down!
A well known and respected site produced some figures for the consoles and for some things the PS3 was better and for some things the 360 was better but OVERALL the 360 had a higher level of useable power for the games...
Now I think this is soley down to programmers being able to utilise the hardware far easier on the 360 than on the PS3.

End of the day they are both AMAZING consoles and deserve to sell well! Its ust a shame that given the substantail extra time that Sony had they were only able to bring out a product that can just about match the 360 and not pull its pants down. i would have loved to see Sony pull out an amazing console but sadly they just couldnt seem to manage it

I read an article about the PS3 not getting any price drops till 2009 in Europe?! Is that true? I can belive it as Sony are loosing money on every console they sell
But I just wondered how true that would have been?
LeeM

10th Mar 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when it was xbox vs ps2 i could understand because majority of games were only available on one or the other
but now as nearly all games are available on either i cant see why most people would consider buyin the ps3 at such a high price. we've already seen demo's that show how similar graphics are between the 2
Steve
Premium Member

10th Mar 07 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed the only reason you might pay the higher premium is if you were adamant about having blu ray

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll