corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PS3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PS3
cunningham

User status: Offline
15th Feb 07 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know most of you have Xbox 360s but is there anyone else getting a ps3 i pre ordered mine at game on wednesday with cod 3
--Dave--
Banned

15th Feb 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I probably won't be getting one. Not because I'm anti-Sony or anything like that, I just don't see the point in owning both a PS3 and a 360.

I'm interested to see how they do though and if they really take off then who knows.
Nath

15th Feb 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
I probably won't be getting one. Not because I'm anti-Sony or anything like that, I just don't see the point in owning both a PS3 and a 360.

I'm interested to see how they do though and if they really take off then who knows.

What he said.
Jamie Walby

15th Feb 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

What he said.

What he said he said
mk4_astra

15th Feb 07 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
quote:

What he said.

What he said he said

what he said he said he said
Steve
Premium Member

15th Feb 07 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get one

if you want to waste your money
LeeM

15th Feb 07 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
quote:
quote:
quote:

What he said.

What he said he said

what he said he said he said he said
dazbircher

15th Feb 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What he said.

What he said he said

what they said
topshot_2k
Banned

15th Feb 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
get one

if you want to waste your money

what steve said
Rus

15th Feb 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ordered mine on the 4th of feb
Jay

15th Feb 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I almost ordered one but thought nah more than £100 cheaper for a 360, so I got a 360
Steve
Premium Member

15th Feb 07 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
I almost ordered one but thought nah more than £100 cheaper for a 360, so I got a 360

morpheus22

16th Feb 07 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dazbircher
quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What he said.

What he said he said

what they said

what most people have said
ryzer

16th Feb 07 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 360 is cheaper but everything is fucking extra, really pisses me off, £30 for a wireless controller, which you need to spend £10-£15 for a battery for it, its ridiculous, i have played a PS3 and you definately need a HD tv as on a normal tv PS3 isnt as good as an XBOX.

the PS3 controllers are wireless, and they can be charged, (for no extra cost!) the unit is much much quieter, and is also a HD/Blu Ray player. guess what, you have to buy the DVD drive for the XBOX!

so the price of the PS3 isnt that bad.
but i wont be buying one when they come out, ill wait a bit for them to come down
bradgsi

16th Feb 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am waiting till they fall in price because £500 ish for a console is stupid

360 rules
--Dave--
Banned

16th Feb 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryzer
the 360 is cheaper but everything is fucking extra, really pisses me off, £30 for a wireless controller, which you need to spend £10-£15 for a battery for it, its ridiculous, i have played a PS3 and you definately need a HD tv as on a normal tv PS3 isnt as good as an XBOX.

the PS3 controllers are wireless, and they can be charged, (for no extra cost!) the unit is much much quieter, and is also has a HD/Blu Ray player. guess what, you have to buy the DVD drive for the XBOX!

but i wont be buying one when they come out, ill wait a bit for them to come down

Thank you for this Captain Obvious.

The 360 wireless pads can be had for around £25/30. £15/20 for batteries? Ever heard of rechargeables?
Steve
Premium Member

16th Feb 07 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the wireless controllers are shipped as std with the 360 bundles now.

rechargable batterys are about 4 quid ??

and a charging pack is only about 15 quid

yes you have to pay extra for a hddvd player but with all that its still cheaper than a ps3!

and is no less of a console..

[Edited on 16-02-2007 by Steve]
mk4_astra

16th Feb 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

the PS3 controllers are wireless, and they can be charged, (for no extra cost!) the unit is much much quieter, and is also a HD/Blu Ray player. guess what, you have to buy the DVD drive for the XBOX!

yeah and you will still probably have to pay £30 for a ps3 controller, the ps3 controller might recharge itself but it doesnt last long at all, ive had my 360 about 4 months now and spend a grand total of about £5 on keeping my controllers charged.

sony didnt even through in any hd cables with the ps3, and yes it has blu ray biult into it but thats why the ps3 is a fair bit more than the 360. yes you can buy the hd dvd add on seperatly as microsoft didnt want to force feed the hd format it was backing down its customers throat.

the price of the ps3 isnt that bad if you will be buying blu ray movies, but if you just using it as a games console then its pretty hard to justify
Jamie Walby

16th Feb 07 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My 360 controllers have always been wireless. They only arent wireless if you are a cheep skate and buy the Core package.

PS3 controllers have to be plugged in WITH WIRES first, then they connect and you can use them wirelessly (as I understand it)

From this alone it has lead me to the conclusion that you are of CHUMP.
Gavin
Premium Member

16th Feb 07 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll get one but not for a while

i think sony fecked up big time with the late release as there will be many ppl like myself who may have brought one - but then turned to the 360 for the 3rd generation experience.

Now i'm gonna wait till the 1st price drop

pew pew pew pewwwww

New Poll