corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PS3 vs XBOX360

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PS3 vs XBOX360
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 07 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post your unbiased findings.

Direct Graphical Comparison
http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html?sid=6162742
(the xbox far excels in everyone of these examples imo)

Power/Performance
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

[Edited on 02-01-2007 by Steve]
Marc

2nd Jan 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hard to tell, the colours on the PS3 version look far too dark to make out the detail on Need For Speed.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read the descriptions the ps3 looks bland in every comparison to me, and they even think so too, madden on the ps3 looks bloody awful
Nath

2nd Jan 07 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you open this can of worms?
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roundworm
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CONCLUSION
When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance. The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment.

However, hardware performance, while important, is only a third of the puzzle. Xbox 360 is a fusion of hardware, software and services. Without the software and services to power it, even the most powerful hardware becomes inconsequential. Xbox 360 games—by leveraging cutting-edge hardware, software, and services—will outperform the PlayStation 3.
Marc

2nd Jan 07 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Madden doesn't look bad to me, again colours are differant.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Madden doesn't look bad to me, again colours are differant.

are you crazy? half the shadows and crowd detail are missing
Marc

2nd Jan 07 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picture 3 of Madden looks quite good to me, and the croud detail looks better. The detail on the people on the sidelines in picture 1 are far better on the PS3.

Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you think? i dont think so, i think tbh on both they lack detail as they are too far away
and also they have a shadow cast over them in the 360 shot which will make the ones on the right look darker

Marc

2nd Jan 07 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The croud in picture one on both isn't that good but the main details I don't think theres a lot between them, especially when they're slightly differant angles/shots too.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the 360 looks a bit better in most shots, which when its less than half the price is something to think about when it comes to buying a ps3

add a hddvd drive to it and its still a good 100 cheaper

Marc

2nd Jan 07 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair I don't think Need For Speed was a good comparsion either way as I've never been keen on the graphics! Compare to say GT or the Xbox equivelant.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forza 2 then i guess
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think sony shouldve offered two types of system like they did with the xbox, a system with the blu ray drive and a system without and made games that didnt need to be on a blu ray disk to work.

Not everyone who wants a console wants to watch blu ray movies and the console couldve had a far cheaper alternative to then rival the xbox
mazdaspeed

2nd Jan 07 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they comparing launch games of the 360 against the launch games of PS3?
--Dave--
Banned

2nd Jan 07 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man John is gonna be pissed.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mazdaspeed
Are they comparing launch games of the 360 against the launch games of PS3?

i thought that, i think there are some launch games for the 360 in there
mk4_astra

2nd Jan 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nearly all games that have been ported to the ps3 look worse than the 360 version its been discussed alot on game forums. from what ive read its down to the fact the 360 can produce better lighting/shadow effects, the ps3 being a sod to work on for game developers and sony lying about the power the ps3 would have(thats what they do best).

assasins creed looks like its going to follow this trend aswell, i think we're going to have to wait for some ps3 exclusives to see if its still going to be like this
Nismo

2nd Jan 07 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think some things are better on the 360 and somethings are better on the PS3.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

such as?

im not disputing you just interested to see where the ps3s strengths are

apart from the blu ray
mk4_astra

2nd Jan 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
such as?

im not disputing you just interested to see where the ps3s strengths are

apart from the blu ray

hmmm, from what i know:

the ps3 is able to compete with the 360 stronger than other consoles and many people will say they are 'equal'

ps3 is quieter thanks to blu ray discs spinning at a much slower rate

wifi (i honestly dont know what it is)

it looks nice
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all good points but what you describe is a console of equal abilities, which isnt a bad thing but it costs shit loads more? why would you buy one

Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 07 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it were any other market i think sony wouldve gone bust because of it. thinka bout cars its like vauxhall bringing out a corsa and renault bringing out the clio, the corsa has all the features of the renault and same build quality etc but the renault costs £30,000 whereas the corsa costs £15,000
mk4_astra

2nd Jan 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
all good points but what you describe is a console of equal abilities, which isnt a bad thing but it costs shit loads more? why would you buy one

i wouldnt, im very happy with my 360 and quite simply blown away by the game line up of 2007-2008.

if your buying a next gen console simply for gaming the ps3 is VERY expensive, it becomes alot more justified if you'l use it for hd movies though but then that brings in blu-ray vs hd-dvd.

the main reason i wont buy a ps3 is because im not keen on sony, the ps2 was meant to be some super machine that was going to be alot more powerful than the xbox, sony didnt deliver and it couldnt do this majical thing sony said it would(i cant remember what it was, but would of made graphics alot better) now its the xbox 360 vs ps3 round and sony said the ps3 would be in a league of its own, 2.5 timees more powerful than the 360 and using technology thats cures cancer(or some other serious disease) and guess what? sony lied

sony could of had this in the bag with the amount of fanbase it had from the ps2 but ms have really done well to shift nearly 8 million units. seems im not the only one waking up to take sonys promises with a pinch of salt

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll