corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 4-Channel Amp Wiring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4-Channel Amp Wiring
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
5th Apr 06 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, just need to ask a question about wiring in my new amp. I may have got completely the wrong idea here so sorry if I end up sounding stupid. At the moment ive just got a set of 90w Infinity 6000cs comps up front and a set of infinity 100w rms 6x9s in the back, both running off the headunit. When Im wiring up my new amp am I right in thinking I need power cable from battery to amp, earth from amp to earth point, remote & phono leads from back of head unit to the amp and then speaker wire (12guage) from amp to speakers? Now I was hoping to get rid of all the standard vauxhall wiring and replace it with better stuff but have read about the difficulty off getting past the door multiplug. Am I right in thinking that I wouldnt have to do this if im running speaker cable from the amp in my boot, to the front comps in the doors? Cheers
JM_16v

5th Apr 06 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=275216

Mike2k111

5th Apr 06 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that, answered a few things. Kind of realised after I posted that I definately was being stupid and will have to pass new wire via the multiplug. One other thing that I needed to ask. The amp that I have is 540W 4-channel..What sort of guage wires is recommended for earth, power and speaker wires? Im looking at a number of kits at the moment, I think 12guage mite be fine for the speakers but will 8 guage be ok for power or am i going to need something like 4guage?
PhilC

6th Apr 06 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use a maplin kit mate... they have two variations, hihg powers and standard.
mikeySR

8th Apr 06 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You ned to match the cable size to the maximum amp draw, cable ratings in watts are b**locks. What fuse/s are in the amp?
Mike2k111

9th Apr 06 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres 2 x 30A fuses in the amp itself, is that what you mean?
mikeySR

9th Apr 06 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, thats what I mean. 8Ga should be capable of handling 60A over 5 metres, 4Ga would be a wiser choice though, as you may want to add another amp in the future.

New Poll