corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » component help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author component help needed
greengoddess

User status: Offline
21st Nov 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have some infinity 6500's for the doors, i hav only put one side in due to the amount of work needed/ weather.I thought i wud try it to see what it sounded like and it was worse than the standard vaux speaker on the other side!, it was very tinny and had no bass even tho it was all wired up.Wud it help if i took my source input from the vaux tweeter wires instead of the woofer wires?.Or hav i done something wrong?, any help appreciated especially if anyone has wiring diagram for their comps.
AdiSRI

21st Nov 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they have crossovers?

did you wire the tweeter and the woofer to the crossover if so...
greengoddess

21st Nov 04 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they have crossovers and i wired the tweeter , & woofer to the crossover. Wud it help if i took the source from the tweeters or do u think i might have got a + and - wires round the wrong way somewhere?
AdiSRI

21st Nov 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the source at tweeter and midbass is the same in the corsa b anyhoo, the std tweeter has a capacitor built onto it, so it makees no difference which one u wire it off...

tbh i find that a lot of aftermarket speakers sound a lot less bassy than the std ones but with much better trebble..
infinitycorsa

21st Nov 04 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a set of these, and im really happy with them

they just need setting up right m8, check all the wiring.. and what adi said is correct these are mid to top end speakers and if u have cross over on the head unit to i suggest u use them and not let any of the low freq through them...... i had this mistake when i had my battery off for a few days and lost all my settings, i ended up with one blown speaker :S....
Dom

22nd Nov 04 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the crossover mate, drop the tweeter -3dB - ie: wire the + tweeter connection to the terminal on the crossover marked "-3dB"......but its in the manual anyways

Also, wire them up to an amp, will improve the quality 10fold. As for bass, simply soundproof the doors...makes them sound more "sterdy" and the bass will sound pretty tight and clean
Matty L

24th Nov 04 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also have these speakers...i'm very happy with them...doms right...they do sound alot better hooked upto an amp...which is wot i've done..although....theres too much front sound now.....so i'm afder a 4 channel to even the sound out.
greengoddess

24th Nov 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what amp spec would i need if i wanted to power them by an amp? The speakers are rated at 90w rms.Would i just need a 2 channel amp at 2x45w ? Cheers for any help & to those already posted, will look at wiring oat weekend.
AdiSRI

24th Nov 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u not put the second set in yet??
greengoddess

24th Nov 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too dark in the evening's m8 so wil have to wait til weekend, then it takes time to fit them as the autoleads adaptors dont fit round the speaker so i have to modify them to fit and then cut out the polystyrene from the door to fit the crossovers into.

anyone know what amp rating i would need if i were to amp them up?

[Edited on 24-11-2004 by greengoddess]
AdiSRI

24th Nov 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as much as u can afford, i run my 75w RMS comps off a 200wRMS x 2 amp and it sounds good.
Dom

24th Nov 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ampwise mate, get yourself a 100-120wRMS amp (per channel), drop the gains a bit and you will be all set to go It will improve the sound alot, but make sure you have done the -3dB drop, otherwise it will be extremelly bright up front.
AdiSRI

24th Nov 04 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my focals are flat agin now, i like the bright sound compared to the -3 or - 6db settings...

up to your ears aint it.
Matty L

25th Nov 04 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by greengoddess
what amp spec would i need if i wanted to power them by an amp? The speakers are rated at 90w rms.Would i just need a 2 channel amp at 2x45w ? Cheers for any help & to those already posted, will look at wiring oat weekend.

sounds like u have the wrong autoleads adaptor mate! i bought the ones for the astra, and not the corsa as there a tad thicker (come out more) Also, amp wise, i've currenly got a mutant 4x channel amp on order from halfords....its set me back only £69 and pumps out over 70rms per channel..well enough for the 6500's and rear 6x9s...i'll the use the other amp to run my pioneer sub....the result should be clear loud music with big bass

New Poll