corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Powercap

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Powercap
Adam.Morgan

User status: Offline
17th Jan 06 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to get a power cap but im not entilly sure how to wire them up ? can people let me know and what wires to use and to put them where?
Melville

17th Jan 06 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What system are you running? I very much doubt you will need a power cap and if so you will see an adverse effect on your system.
oba-corsa
Premium Member

17th Jan 06 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look at tutorials.
Adam.Morgan

17th Jan 06 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent brought a system yet, just fout it would look go? so you dont always need a power cap then?
Melville

17th Jan 06 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you want to wire it to to a std system?

If you have spent a couple of grand on a system, uprated the wiring, battery and altenator then it may be advisable to get a power cap. Untill you reach that stage spend your money on decent audio equipment.
Adam.Morgan

17th Jan 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO I WASNT GONNA WIRE IT UP 2 A STD SYSTEM, I WAS GOING TO BUY COUPLE OF KENWOOD 12" SUBS A AMP 6X9'S AND A SET OF COMPONETS IN THE FRONT AND WAS WONDERING WAT POWER CAP TO GET? MY BATTERY IS ALREADY UPGRADED COS MY CAR IS ALL ELECTRONIC, NO DOOR HANDLES, NO BOOT HANDLE SO GOT A BIG BATTERY
Melville

17th Jan 06 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont shout

Dont buy 6x9's

Dont buy a power cap as you wont need it for that system. Upgrade the "big 3" if anything.
Adam.Morgan

17th Jan 06 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wots the big 3? y not buy 6x9's? wt wud happen if i brough a power cap? i wasnt shouting forgot i had caps on
Melville

17th Jan 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a search for the big 3, it is the wiring between the battery and altenator etc. If you are drawing more current through them then its best to have bigger cabling. Its a fairly easy job to do and improves things a great deal.

You dont need 6x9s if you are having 2 subs. The subs and 6x9's will fight for the air and will either sound shite or damage themselves.

A power cap will put a strain on your battery which will have an affect on your system. If you have a decent setup that draws a lot of amps then adding a power cap will be of no use at all. You would probably find that it would make any power problems worse, such as dimming headlights etc.
RKS

17th Jan 06 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally I've found with powercaps, they actually give you a nicer bass sound even on std battery/alt setup,

but on a standard system they kill the battery, whereas if you had a yellow top they wouldn't

they can also flat the battery over time
infinitycorsa

17th Jan 06 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power caps are a waste of time, they look good but a decent battery with the big 3 up graded would be allot better.

If you were you use a power cap they do stupid size ones like 30 farads.......but you still need an uprated battery

New Poll