corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe fault codes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe fault codes
Tom N

User status: Offline
10th Apr 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

My car is running rather strange at the minute. It misfires sometimes and sometimes not. The idling is quite high even though i have got a new (secondhand) icv.

It is throwing up these codes

93 - hall sensor voltage low
61 - EVAP canister purge solenoid valve voltage low
31 - engine speed sensor

First of all the engine is a dis pack engine, so as far as i know, it doesnt have a hall sensor?

Plus, what on earth is an EVAP canister?!

Any help on all the codes would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Tom
Kerry

10th Apr 05 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the canister purge thingy is something to do with fuel like the fuel pump i do beleive
J da Silva

10th Apr 05 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

93 - hall sensor voltage low - check connection, may need a clean or replacement
61 - EVAP canister purge solenoid valve voltage low - lack of electrical surge to the fuel tank vent valve haev a look at the connection
31 - engine speed sensor - ignore it, if the engine is running lumpy or pants 31 always pops up, when the other faults are corrected, it wont show up mate
Tom N

10th Apr 05 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, i will have to check the fuel tank valve/ fuel pump. any advice on how to check it?

i still don't understand why the hall sensor is showing up when i don't have one?
J da Silva

10th Apr 05 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by t-gangsta
thanks, i will have to check the fuel tank valve/ fuel pump. any advice on how to check it?

i still don't understand why the hall sensor is showing up when i don't have one?

tricky one if your unsure, but take ya fuel tank out or position, do this with very little fuel in the tank though, remove fuel cap ,disconnect fuel filter, undo the tray and disconnect the hose to the funnel, should see it unless you can see it from under the car (if dabbled with)

New Poll