corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My engine problems, anyone got any ideas?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My engine problems, anyone got any ideas?
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
21st Jul 04 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought there was something up with my car, revs climbing very slowly between 2.5k to about 5k, noticable lack of power. Stuck it on the diagnostics, and it was reading fault codes from the knock sensor and the hall effect sensor. We replaced the knock sensor and dizzy, but its still reading errors from both of them. Could there be a problem with the wiring, is it worth trying a new ECU or any other suggestions? Its starting to get annoying now!
Greasemonkey

21st Jul 04 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe its a bad earth somewhere, check these first, get a bit of sand paper on the mating surfaces so they are clean and good contact is made
NovaGTE

21st Jul 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was similar to this on the 106, was the temp sensor giving negative readings so was overfueling and flooding the engine
ed

21st Jul 04 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck engine managment and fuel injection. Run it on CARBS! Not much help, sorry...
corb

21st Jul 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you reset ur ECU since those fault codes which youve fixed appeared? cos it stores fault codes. Disconnect your battery for an hour or so to reset the ECU.
drunkenfool

21st Jul 04 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we used the diagnostic equipment to clear the codes, took the car for a quick drive, plugged it back in and the codes had reappeared. The kit car with C20XE is running omex ECU so i might see if i can borrow his standard one and see if that makes a difference. Is it just a case of unplugging the old one and plugging in the new one?
ed

21st Jul 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, simple case of swapping them over...
corb

21st Jul 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But theres different ECU's on the XE's

Theres two white letters in capitals on a black sicker on the ECU. has to be the same. wot diagnostic equipment u got then?
drunkenfool

21st Jul 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is in the bodyshop at the moment, so we wont be able to start sorting the engine till next week anyway, but ill check the codes on the ECU Not sure what diagnostic stuff it is, it belongs to my mechanic/mate and apparently cost £4k for all of the pods and stuff that they have for it.
drunkenfool

21st Jul 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and its blue if that makes any difference
iceman

21st Jul 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can but the dignostic tool from halford for 10 quid its called fault finder works fine if your just looking to see why the engine management light comes on
corb

21st Jul 04 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or buy a paperclip/piece of wire.

Im not aware of this diagnostic thing, but having done it myself, would say disconnect the battery to clear the ecu.
iceman

21st Jul 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the little tool from halfords is basically a more expensive paper clip as all it does is bridges to terminals to read the ecu..

take corbs advance but ur need to write down the number for the fault codes..

it will flash 1 2 1 then it will real of the trouble codes in a 2 digit number for example 81 would be 8 flashes of the engine management light followed by a short pause the 1 flash it repeats the fault code 3 times for each 1 ending with 1 2 1

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My engine problems, anyone got any ideas? 22 database queries in 0.0150330 seconds