corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine revving eratically. Need help with ecu codes plz!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine revving eratically. Need help with ecu codes plz!
corsacant

User status: Offline
13th Nov 04 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically me cars revving its arse off and god knows why. Sometimes it runs ok then next thing the revs just start going up and down(never to the point of cutting out though) then other times the revs are just really high but at a steady rate(i'd guess around 2000-3000rpm). The car was originally a 1996 1.2 corsa ls but now has a 1.6(x16xe) corsa sport engine in. It has had the two original faults since i fitted the engine but the two new fault codes and the erratic revving has only came about in the past week. These are the original 2 fault codes before it started doing this which were:

0412 - secondary air solenoid
0325 - knock sensor

now i have 2 new fault codes on top of them(which i'm guessing could help me find out the problem). The thing is, the 2 new codes i'm getting don't seem to be listed on the fault code lists anywhere.

They are:
0514 - ?
0315 - ?

Does anyone have any idea what they could be or whats causing this?
also, how hard is it to fix the knock sensor and where is it located.
Any helps greatly appreciated

I can also be contacted at corsacant@hotmail.com

Cheers.
ed

13th Nov 04 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air leak in vacuum pipe, air mass meter, lambda sensor or idle control valve. Reset the ECU to erase old faults before doing a test too - disconnect the battery for a few mins to discharge the backup source
corb

14th Nov 04 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im confused, as those fault codes are for a siemens ecu found on x18 and x20 engines, but the x16xe uses GM-multec mpi. which aint the same, i dont think
ed

14th Nov 04 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't the fault codes be all the same to lower the cost of diagnostics equipment for Vauxhall garages... Just a thought, I could be completely wrong
corb

14th Nov 04 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, top buzz site lists them all. well most.
corsacant

14th Nov 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for all your help. The codes i get are the only obnes that make sense and they seem pretty accurate for the faults that i know i already have. The car was originally a 1.2ls but i dont know if that would be of relevance. I'll have a good look over me car tomorrow and post me progress. Cheers.
corsacant

15th Nov 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i disconnected the battery and reset the ecu, then did the fault testing again, i got exactly the same codes as befor, i checked the map sensor, thats seems 2 be fine, all the vacuum pipes seem ok. What i did notice is that when the car was flashing up the codes (without engine running) an odd noise was coming from the area below/near the water resevoir. as soon as the engine was started the noise stopped.
Siberia

15th Nov 04 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be anything but i had a simular problem on m 1.28v and it turned out to be the temp sensor....
Visionz

15th Nov 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same problem and mine turned out to be my injector was stuck open and my coolant temp sensor.

Thats on a 1.2 8v as well
corsacant

16th Nov 04 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was they cheap 2 fix?
also, the shitty thing is now making a noise when i put me foot down like it would if i was trying to plant it in 5th doing 15mph. but its doing for example, if im in 2nd at 15-20mph. anyone got any ideas?

[Edited on 16-11-2004 by corsacant]

New Poll