corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need a Definate Answer ASAP

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need a Definate Answer ASAP
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
5th Feb 04 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right guys im trusting you this could cost me £300+, car is driving at any speed and cuts out, sat at traffic lights it cuts out, idles fine, if clutch is down at traffic lights it revs up to 3500RPM then cuts out, some times you can turn off ignition and turn it back on and if moving and in gear it bumps and starts, but sometimes you have to come to a rolling stop, it wont start the ECU light wont illuminate, lock it on the alarm fob unlock it and after 1 or many attempts the ECU light comes on again at igniton and it starts, there is no ECU fault, is this my alarm, i got a Vaux one and clifford one,should i get an alarm place to remove both and fit a new one, it this a total ass cos of all the wiring there or is it something else, need to know asap
DangerousDave16v

5th Feb 04 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was your wiring loom damaged in the accident?, sounds like maybe a connection is broken or something. have it plugged in at vaux and if that doesnt show anything, then i'd question the alarm.
Greasemonkey

5th Feb 04 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah it was doin it before the accident but i suppose i could claim it wasnt and get insurance to pay he he
wayne hiscock

5th Feb 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like my m8s megane.

renault couldnt find the fault.

turned out to be a fuel pump.
Adam-D

5th Feb 04 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check fuelling
icv
and sensors round the engine
crank cam fuel air etc could be loose or need replacing
Greasemonkey

5th Feb 04 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel pump??? just seems weird the engine revs hard on its own like ya put the accelerator down when the clutch is in then cuts out, could the fuel pump cause this, is this a job for an auto electrician
Greasemonkey

5th Feb 04 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all sensors are new pretty much no fault codes showing, its a brand new re-built engine it was doin it on the old engine and now doing it on a totally different one so its gotta be an electrical fault, see this costing big bucks
Adam-D

5th Feb 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

revving on its own could be air meter?
or sensors if say the crank sensor is playing the ecu will think engine has stopped/stalled and try to keep it going hence the revving then it realises it hasnt cut out and stops all completly
Adam-D

5th Feb 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok if the sensors are ok is the fuel filter new?
and id check the pump
is the air meter new?
Greasemonkey

5th Feb 04 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a spare air flow meter i will give that a go, when i get me car back and i will get a new crank sensor, i wanna take my car up the 1/4 mile but if ya really rag it it cuts out, i got a superchip now with a 7500 limit and i know it will just never get there cos it will cut out
Greasemonkey

5th Feb 04 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah new fuel filter, only things unchange are the air flow meter and fuel pump, its the fact that when ya turn the ignition on without pressing the vaux fob the ecu light dont come on but all other ignition lights do and it wont start, when it cuts out same thing happens some times ecu light wont come back on and i have to feck around with my 2 alarm fobs

[Edited on 05-02-2004 by Greasemonkey]
bradfincham

5th Feb 04 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gotta be the alarm matey!
Greasemonkey

5th Feb 04 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i thought, but having 2 alarms wired into my wiring looms has gotta be a nightmare for an alarm fitter, it must cost big bucks to have him remove the old, patch up the wiring and wire in a new one
LukeGSi

5th Feb 04 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
thats what i thought, but having 2 alarms wired into my wiring looms has gotta be a nightmare for an alarm fitter, it must cost big bucks to have him remove the old, patch up the wiring and wire in a new one

wont be as bad as u think, most alarm fitters remove old pants alarms when they fit a new!!
Greasemonkey

5th Feb 04 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a vauxhall alarm, and a clifford wired in, better get it booked in then lol, if this dont fix it i will go fecking nuts, wouldnt mind a proximity sensor though he he i knew this would cost me
Siberia

5th Feb 04 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus man is this your corsa?

if it is, drive it over a cliff

it must have cost ya about 6 months salary by this stage
LukeGSi

5th Feb 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get him to ged rid of vaux shite - they dont do jack sh*t anyway then re-wire clifford and add on sensors!! less than 200 notes i reckon!!
bradfincham

5th Feb 04 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to a local place though! so you can go back to them if it goes wrong!
start with the alarm, get him to remove the vauxhall one, and stick extras on the clifford
Adam-D

5th Feb 04 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup get the alrams removed and get 1 good fitted
ive haed stories of the vaux alarm corroding after time and causing all sorts of problems
Greasemonkey

5th Feb 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just rung round ts £380 for them to strip out the old alarms and fit new clifford Cat 1, boot popper ot £120 extra, proximity sensor is £150 extra, feck me, this car has cost me probably about 6 months wages in the last 2 months lol, most companys i taked to said clifford was shit so was toad go for a cobra alarm
LukeGSi

5th Feb 04 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would disagree....cobra are fairly sh*t!! Go with a toad mate
broster
Premium Member

5th Feb 04 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv heard that toad are better than clifford, some of my mates have had probs with clifford sirens going dodgy and fuckign up. iv got a laserline one, its good. never had a problem with it eather
Greasemonkey

5th Feb 04 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they kept sayin companys like toad and clifford are just fancy alarms with a load of extras and arnt reliable and not good at doing the job they are meant to do, security,
LukeGSi

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
they kept sayin companys like toad and clifford are just fancy alarms with a load of extras and arnt reliable and not good at doing the job they are meant to do, security,

Course they do...let me guess they have great offers on cobra alarms at the moment!!!!
Greasemonkey

think i might still go clifford, with a boot popper and proximity sensor, oohh check me out

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll