corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE running off a C16XE ECU

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE running off a C16XE ECU
nod911

User status: Offline
10th Feb 05 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently bought my 94 corsa gsi with a blown motor, so the shop i took it to installeda X16 instead of the original C16 spec engine for that year model. I am 95% sure they used my existing ECU and i dont believe they put that EGR crap on the exhaust system either. I am pretty new to corsa's so i was wondering if anyone thinks this could be a problem? From my other posts the car runs fine except for a pronounced flat spot from about 3.5k to 4.5k, and the fact the engine doesnt wanna rev when cold, it splutters up the rpm range like its missing or sumthing (feels like same symptom as water in the airbox).........hmmm i better check that i flushed the radiator the other day and i may have gotten some water in there.
PaulW

10th Feb 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change the CTS sensore - that should help the problems when cold

as for the flatspot, is the air filter clean? no vacuum leaks?

my GSi (X16XE) sufferes about the same with that flatspot & I have a pipercorss induction kit fitted...
nod911

10th Feb 05 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where would i find the CTS sensor, i believe theres coolant sensors in the radiatior and somewhere else, which one does the ECU use? Exactly where is the one the ECU uses? Thanks
Stu_22

11th Feb 05 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the one with the blu plug in the thermostat housing.

Follow the big 'S' hose on the top right of the rad to the engine

New Poll