corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Printers?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Printers?
Cavey

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 04 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the u2u Ash, about Fiver cheaper than i can get them, so i'll let you know when i need some.

The Memory Card thing ain't pointless but it's a pain in the arse coz u need to know the Picture number, unless you have the M version u mentioned earlier.
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by antonOO2
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14303&item=6717837809&rd=1

What about this?

also do the R300

[Edited on 03-11-2004 by antonOO2]

R300 same as R200 but with card slots which are pointless

Not pointless - mine come in very handy. And as I've said earlier on, for an extra fiver, may as well upgrade to an R300, should he want to do any camera work in future.

they are pointless trust me on this

I've just said, mine are useful. Its far quicker and easier to whip the card right out of the camera and put it directly into the printer, either to download to the computer or print direct from the card.

It also means you can print photos without needin the computer to be attached even. I know of some customers who do wedding/party photos, and just put the card into the printer at the end of the night - and you get your photos instantly. Simple.
vibrio
Banned

3rd Nov 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by antonOO2
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14303&item=6717837809&rd=1

What about this?

also do the R300

[Edited on 03-11-2004 by antonOO2]

R300 same as R200 but with card slots which are pointless

Not pointless - mine come in very handy. And as I've said earlier on, for an extra fiver, may as well upgrade to an R300, should he want to do any camera work in future.

they are pointless trust me on this

I've just said, mine are useful. Its far quicker and easier to whip the card right out of the camera and put it directly into the printer, either to download to the computer or print direct from the card.

It also means you can print photos without needin the computer to be attached even. I know of some customers who do wedding/party photos, and just put the card into the printer at the end of the night - and you get your photos instantly. Simple.

well I suppose it depends on wither or not you like to do any post-processing or not. I like to check my images properly and resize before I print
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thats your personal preference. Not everyone is so demanding when it comes to photography.

Similarly, just because you don't like a printer with inbuilt card reader doesn't mean it's pointless.
vibrio
Banned

3rd Nov 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well thats your personal preference. Not everyone is so demanding when it comes to photography.

Similarly, just because you don't like a printer with inbuilt card reader doesn't mean it's pointless.

they really are
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

they really are

Well I disagree. Besides. if it was really that pointless, then why do I see so many people buying the R300 for its versatility? Will just have to agree to disagree with you on this one Vibs.
vibrio
Banned

3rd Nov 04 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you will be wrong and I will be right. I am happy with the way this discussion has ended
andy hirst

3rd Nov 04 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

STAY AWAY FROM EPSON they are wank, unreliable and dont last. HP are the best, im on my second in ten years, the first one lasted seven, and we only changed because we wanted a usb one. trust me they are worth it.
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HP are good, I agree, but theyre overpriced when it comes to replacement carts.

Epson are good printers, I've had my 1290 for nearly six years now, my 750 for probably longer. You just have to take care when choosing refills. As said in my very first post, ink with solvent, alcohol and urea (yes, piss ) are the best as they will prevent any buildups in the head.

In my experience you see, they ARE reliable, DO last, and are certainly NOT wank...
vibrio
Banned

3rd Nov 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1290 is a nice printer. got some really nice A3 prints from our work one. A3 frames are fucking pricey though
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True.

If you're into doing A3 prints, we've a load of A3, 220gm gloss paper to clear. If you're interested, I could see about a price for a decent quantity...
vibrio
Banned

3rd Nov 04 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it epsom?
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
is it epsom?

I'm not familiar with that brand... It's not Epson branded paper either. We buy ours direct from the manufacturer and believe it to be of a higher quality tho.

I could send a sample for your perusal if you'd like?
vibrio
Banned

3rd Nov 04 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
is it epsom?

I'm not familiar with that brand... It's not Epson branded paper either. We buy ours direct from the manufacturer and believe it to be of a higher quality tho.

I could send a sample for your perusal if you'd like?

yes that would be great actually cause the printer gets used by 2 other people for A3 prints
andy hirst

3rd Nov 04 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
HP are good, I agree, but theyre overpriced when it comes to replacement carts.

Epson are good printers, I've had my 1290 for nearly six years now, my 750 for probably longer. You just have to take care when choosing refills. As said in my very first post, ink with solvent, alcohol and urea (yes, piss ) are the best as they will prevent any buildups in the head.

In my experience you see, they ARE reliable, DO last, and are certainly NOT wank...

my experience is the opposite of yours, i've had them blow up, refuse to print after being refilled(with epson ink). and they are a bit filmsy.
BlueCorsa

4th Nov 04 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just bought an HP Deskjet 5850 - network inkjet printer, wirelessly attached to the network and it has built in automatic duplex-ing

Cartridges are expensive, but since I only need to change them about once a year, I tend to just buy a new printer and toss the old one on eBay.

Seen colour laser printers for about £200 this week though, wish I'd got one of those now!
vibrio
Banned

4th Nov 04 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

colour laser printers are ok for graphs pish for pictures

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll