corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Printers?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Printers?
Happy_2008

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 04 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guys, i have a budget of around £100 to buy a decent printer. I have previously used epson but due to the lack of use, they both broke down. Now can someone point me in the right direction to buy a decent printer???
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always recommend Epson, provided you use a decent quality ink, something containing solvents and alcohol, such as diethylene glycol, they'll be fine. Print something at least once a week, keeps them working.

All inkjet printers will have problems if not used, the difference between Epson and Canon or HP and Lexmark is that the print head is mounted on the carts of the last two, so replacin a cart effectively gives you a new printer. However, they are extremely expensive to run. Eg: almost £50 for pair of Lexmark carts compared to £14 for a full set of premium Epson R300 ones.

I'd go for an R300 any day of the week, best printer from Epson in a long long time. If you really want to go for something with the heads on the cartridge, go HP. Lexmark is the biggest rip off going.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

[Edited on 03-11-2004 by CorsAsh]
Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY gf has a HP and i think the quality is very good. I have always been with epson but got a bit cheesed off due to the last 2 breaking for lack of use. How much is this R300 btw??? also how much are the ink replacements for them?
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find a computer fair near you, try http://www.theshowguide.co.uk

Prices are much better than the shops there (in general). R300s tend to be goin for around the £100 mark. 6 cartridges too, as its a photo printer.

You'll get a set of Epson original carts with the printer, but then I sell a full set of premium quality cartridges for £14 (the ones with alcohol etc.). There are cheaper ones, but quality is generally lower...

P.S., my company doesnt sell printers on principle, so the advice I've given is just what I think is in peoples best interests

Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean 6 cartridges???? So ur suggesting the R300s???? LEt me take a look now. I like the quality of HP but the price of the inks are quite shocking.
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 individual ink cartridges, Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta. They more closely reproduce what the human eye sees... you'll get better skin tones for example...

I have an R300, my boss does, and numerous other people I know. Put it this way, I hate seein the look of despair on ppls faces when they have to pay for HP or Lexmark carts.

If you do go for an R300, then get in touch, I can do mail order on cartridges for very competitive prices.

Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure whether the R300 is the way to go with 6 cartridges. Is there a simple one with just 2 cartridges e.g. 1 for colour 1 for black???

Simple is best as i only print off documents and not photos
Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you think of the all in one EPSON STYLUS CX3650??? Sounds good.
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C62s are popular printers too, tho I'm not sure if Epson are actually producing them anymore. They've tended to go over to the single cartridge per colour system - it's better in some respects as you only need replace cartridges as they run out, so you dont waste much ink.

If you get hold of a C62, a pair of carts will set you back between £3 and £5. A more modern equivalent, such as a C64 ot C66 has four individual carts, which will be about £3 each, but theyre significantly larger than the carts in a C62.
Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you think of these all in one printers ash??? Sound good but are they off good quality as the photocopier could come handy. Also I have been advised that the R200 is a good asset too
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The CX series printers are generally fairly good, will be based on a basic printer, eg: the CX3200 is based on a C62.

Only thing I would say is that I've always been wary of any All In One printer. If one part goes wrong, say the scanner, you're left with a very expensive printer. I've always personallly gone for separate scanner and printer.

However, they are good for people with limited space, and again, you'll have fairly cheap runnin cost in most cases.
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R200 and R300 are essentially the same printer. R300 has a camera card reader, R200 doesn't. Thats about it.

Cavey

3rd Nov 04 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't stand Epson's personally, but i've always been dealing with the cheapest ones.

I got a HP 7762 Photoprinter, and it's fantastic, Got that for Colours, and a Brother HL-1250 LaserJet for Black n White stuff, that i "borrowed" from a place i used to work.
Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think that the extra photocopier could become handy as the price of the CX3650 is similarly priced to the R300. What do you recommend of the R200?
Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might go for the RX425 do you know anything about this series i.e. quality ink prices etc?
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a digicam, then the R300 is a best buy option. I can take photos of my car for instance, put the car straight into my printer, and then load them directly onto cs. It's very handy to have.

At the end of the day, with AIOs, you can achieve the same with seperate scanner and printer. Most of the modern scanners have a button which sends the image direct to printer.
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lookin at the CX3650, its based on a C64 - so your compat cartridges should be around the £12 a set mark, or £3.25 each, thats our price anyhow.
Cavey

3rd Nov 04 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsAsh, You do mail order Carts for all printers ?
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, well, most printers. It's just a pound postage no matter how many you order...
Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So flippin confused lol. Not sure which one to go for now. I never print pictures tbh only really use the printer for document printing so which one should i go for

My mind is swaying towards a R200, dunno why but i have heard its good. How much are the inks on this?
Cavey

3rd Nov 04 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, how much are Carts for the 7762 ?

Think it's the 56 and 57.

btw, i recommend the 7762, if you had a Camera, has an LCD screen in it, so you can see the picture that you're gonna be printing. The R200 and 300 are pretty much the same, but 300 has the memory card slots, and a more functional screen on it. (From what i remember) the R200 has pictbridge tho anyway
CorsAsh

3rd Nov 04 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as R300, theyre the same cartridges.

So thats £14 for a full set of six. From us anyway... fully guaranteed too.

Cavey - R300M has LCD screen too...

Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed my mind now again. Decided i am defo going for a Epson C66/86. My mind is saying pay more for the 86. How much are the inks for this model?
Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you work btw?
Happy_2008

3rd Nov 04 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ the Epson C86 is the same price as the R200 whilst the R300 is £5 dearer. Ash which one would you go for??? Bear in mind i only use printers every now and again mostly for printing documents with possibly a picture everynow and then

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0052291291.1099448089@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadcmmhhgjkhcflgceggdhhmdfhm.0&category_oid=-20746&low_bound=10&page=ProductList&prev_results=no&show_all=true&page=ProductList&category_oid=-20746&Atimestamp=3276900916&number=0&category_oid=-20746&fm=9&sm=7&tm=0

[Edited on 03-11-2004 by Happy_2008]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll