corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clunking from the passenger suspension??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clunking from the passenger suspension??
1600power

User status: Offline
27th Jul 04 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when turning the car sharply at low speed over say a bump i get this sort of metal clunking noise from the passenger side suspension area....

Anyideas wot this could be?

Cars a 1.6 sport 1998, only happens when turning left on full lock and at low speeds over bumps....

anyclues?

Ta!
b0bby

28th Jul 04 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother has a similar problem...
it was because he fitted his spring upside down...

could be a few things though
mike_1.2LS96

28th Jul 04 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say worn CV joint.
TOMAS

28th Jul 04 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it click on full lock with every wheel rotation? If not then I doubt its a C.V and personally doubt its a CV myself. Has the car been lowered and if so how much? Their no better way of solving it than jacking the car and feeling for play in the various steering components it could be, If its a click their has to be abnormal movement somewhere.

List of POSSIBLE faults could include...

Ball joint
Wishbone bush worn
Tie rod to caster bracket bush worn
Damper itself could click from internal fault (ive had this on a set of spax rears)
Suspension topmount bearing nackered
Track rod end worn
Steering rack worn

or any number of the steering/suspension assembily bolts are loose...
1600power

28th Jul 04 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Does it click on full lock with every wheel rotation? If not then I doubt its a C.V and personally doubt its a CV myself. Has the car been lowered and if so how much? Their no better way of solving it than jacking the car and feeling for play in the various steering components it could be, If its a click their has to be abnormal movement somewhere.

List of POSSIBLE faults could include...

Ball joint
Wishbone bush worn
Tie rod to caster bracket bush worn
Damper itself could click from internal fault (ive had this on a set of spax rears)
Suspension topmount bearing nackered
Track rod end worn
Steering rack worn

or any number of the steering/suspension assembily bolts are loose...

cheers m8

the car has been lowered and im about the purchuse sum uprated shocks for it so will have a real good rummage around when im fitting this but now i know wot the suspension assembly consists of mr haynes can help me identify wot u've said it could be!

wish me luck
TOMAS

29th Jul 04 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck I'll tell thee, its a biatch when you get a clunk and you start to replace things one by one until the very last component and find its that! This is what happened to me a couple of years back on the corsa brakes - pedal judder! Replaced/upgraded ALL of the front end (pads disc calipers) only to find it was warped drums on the rear. Ive just replaced my rear bearing on one side at the rear and its juddering since then so I think rear drums are tricky barstewards - hope it will wear itself round again...

New Poll