corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tricking ecu..?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tricking ecu..?
CRB 553

User status: Offline
   1st Apr 04 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right av had this problem that i cant get rid of, engine managment light comes on = map sensor low voltage! (then car will cut out at idle)

Av replaced the inlet gasket and map sensor and checked tubes etc... no luck

It cant go to vaux coz they'l just ask for the ecu connection which it hasnt got coz i swapped engine and didnt set it up.

Any ideas?
I feel like finding the correct voltage andsetting that up across the wires to replace the sensor ......
MikeH

1st Apr 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is map sensor the same as MAF sensor?

i'd be careful about just patching the fault out...you might end up with a dead engine some time down the line.... it is either a real fault or a dodgy connection to the particular sensor.
CRB 553

1st Apr 04 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mike av just read wot it does...
map (manifold air pressure) - it detects air flow into engine so can add fuel accordingly. Means voltage will vary between 0 and 5 so it cant be tricked.

I dunno wot to do must be a leak sumwhere..!!

New Poll