corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is this a load of bollox ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this a load of bollox ?
p1723944

User status: Offline
5th Sep 03 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy One Get One Free! ANY CAR MOD CHIP UPGRADE +5 - +20 BHP *Please read item description fully.* If you are anything less than satisfied with the purchase, I will refund the full cost of the item (minus postage costs) upon the original item being returned. Please do not bid unless you intend to pay. ................................................................................................................................................................................................ This item is a Resistor Chip that modifies the performance of most vehicles by tricking your ECU into injecting slightly more fuel/air mixture into the engine, and increasing the engine timing, thus increasing the power-speed of your vehicle. This modification will work on any NON-TURBO PETROL INJECTION engined cars that have an (IAT sensor) Intake Air Temperature sensor. (easily located) All vehicle models 1988 onwards. ................................................................................................................................................................................................ This modification is far less expensive than normal ECU upgrades, or even filter and exhaust mods, is simple to install, and can add up to 20+ BHP to your vehicle. * Just think 20+ BHP is a lot of power. * ................................................................................................................................................................................................ Easy to follow fitting instructions are included with the chip, allowing it to be fitted in minutes - No special tools or soldering required. It can just as easily be removed, as, and when, you want. The chip is fully street legal, will not affect your MOT / INSURANCE and will NOT damage your engine in any way! ................................................................................................................................................................................................
p1723944

5th Sep 03 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sell them by the way there are advertised on e-bay.
Paul H

5th Sep 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't buy one they are a con and don't work
cobra148

5th Sep 03 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a 20p resistor that advances the timing, thats all.
Black Corsa SRi

5th Sep 03 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah its a con!
p1723944

5th Sep 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought as much i'll send the tosser a load of feedback.

cheers lads
MikeH

5th Sep 03 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sent a cheaky email to one of them asking what the value of the resistor was and where to put it.

Never got a reply

[Edited on 05-09-2003 by MikeH]
Powell

5th Sep 03 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ne of you boyz actually got one then????
R Lee

5th Sep 03 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Powell
Ne of you boyz actually got one then????

im sure one dumbass bought one
cobra148

5th Sep 03 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually, I think loads were sold initially, until people realised what they were buying.
Greasemonkey

5th Sep 03 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cobra where does this resistor go, what kind of resistor is it & does it do naff all then, they could get done for advertising something thats bollox
cobra148

5th Sep 03 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know the values of it as I've not seen one, but I believe it fits on or near the ecu. It advances the timing a bit, but I can't see how that gives the claimed 5-20 bhp gains they claim.
One guy must be having problems shifting them and was on Ebay selling five for a fiver the other week.
Dave Hay

5th Sep 03 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol a resistor - only thing that can do is stop the signal reaching the ecu as quick. hence i imagine you get more fuel dumped into engine.

youll prob blow your car up with it lol

not bad for a mod that really costs 20p

New Poll