corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » 18's for sale

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 18's for sale
babycorsa

User status: Offline
   11th Mar 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only joking! just wanted you all to look in!

I really need some advice... Ive got a 98 SXi and want the arches, door handles and bump strips sprayed so they are colour coded. How much is a reasonable price for this? Ive been quoted near enough £400 and i think the gut is having a laugh! Am i right in thinking this? Also, i wanna debadge the boot, does anyone know if the badges are drilled in or just stuck on with glue- i dont wanna take the badges off to find holes behind!!!

Sorry for tricking you with the 18's thing but i knew no-one would bother looking otherwise!!!

Thanx
xxxxxx

Patrick

11th Mar 03 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£400 for the colour co-ordination you describe is a total rip off!

I had my front bumper, rear bumper bump strips and arches sprayed by Vauxhall for £60, okay I know the geeza there but wouldn't think it would be any more than £150-£200 at any other garage. Thats the sort of price you should be aiming for!

As for the debadging, they are simply stuck on with glue. As long as you take your time getting them off you shouldn't pull off any paint. Using a hair dryer for about 10secs max should soften up the glue a little bit and make the badges that little bit easier to get off. Make sure you don't use the dryer for more than a few seconds at a time or you could damage your paintwork.
oztek corsa

11th Mar 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£400 seems a lot of money to me!The badges on the back should just be stuck on with double sided sticky foam.Get a hair dryer on them and warm them up then carefully prive them off with an ice scraper.Then polish it up.
Nismo

11th Mar 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say about £200 is about right. the badges are just stuck on.
mentalcorsa

11th Mar 03 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u g_sleigh heel giv u a gd quote
babycorsa

12th Mar 03 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » 18's for sale 22 database queries in 0.0106630 seconds