corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help with front components

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with front components
Valleyscorsa

User status: Offline
16th Oct 03 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 96 corsa B which has the most pathetic front components, i wanna swap them for these 17cm kenwood ones i saw, only prob is the corsa ones are tiny (13cm???), how do i go about fitting these, can i modify the door pod in any way? Iwas thinking about cutting the grill out, any suggestions, tutorials, pics would be very appreciated as i am a complete novice, thanks very much, Jamie
Valleyscorsa

16th Oct 03 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone???????????
peter_1.2

16th Oct 03 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need 2 buy a speaker adaptor ring from sumwhere like halfords or ur local ice dealer. made by autoleads. bout £12 then u can fit up 2 6 inch speakers as long as they aint 2 deep
AJP

16th Oct 03 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not go for some JL 5.25" componenets or some Boston. To get good sound you dont need biger speakers you just need a decent make TBH.

I installed some £100 DLS components into a Corsa B a while back and they were awsome, the only problem we came across was that the magnets on those are dam big, so spacer wille be required to make them fit.
Sparco

16th Oct 03 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the autoleads adaptor will allow upto 17cm speakers in door
SRi_m00k

17th Oct 03 at 05:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or get a full door build done!!

thats 6.5" diamond comps' thrown in there, just need to watch an make sure ur window winder passes em if u aint got leccy ones!!

start with an mdf ring around the speaker 12-18mm thick then put supports to bring it out from the door cut the pocket away to allow space for ur new pod, then try and blend the new section into the old pocket usin a fibreglass or filler kit and cover the whole thing in material. Mines done in alcantara which made it expensive but the fake stuff can be got for 14-20quid a metre an looks ok!! not bad compared to 80quid a sq metre for the genuine alcan

thats the fake stuff

Valleyscorsa

17th Oct 03 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks awesome! Im confident about doing the MDF structure, the part im worried about is the fibreglass, ive never used it before and have heard its not for beginners, how much money and how long did it take for you to do that???

Cheers, Jamie
SRi_m00k

17th Oct 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the thing i cheated, i hadnt done any work like that before an got a local company to do it, but after doin my boot an helpin wi mates cars i'd be pretty confident in doin it myself up until the coverin, think that would be difficult specially wi alcantara as it doesnt stretch much!!

go to a meterial shop an ask for some fleece its usually bout 5quid a metre or so and cover the structure in it its really absorbant and u can drown it in the fibreglass resin, shud leave it really really strong!!

the builds cost me 90quid a side for the mid, and 30quid a side for the tweeter builds all covered in lovely alcantara!! :-)

New Poll