corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » components in rear?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author components in rear?
toger13

User status: Offline
18th Mar 03 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it worth me geting some 51/4 inch components in the back or just some normal 2/3 way coaxles i have some splx ones in now but they re only quiet (87db) now after i got my PG components in front which are about 92db i thought about some of them alpine components that halfods are doing for 50 quid they dont need to be maga ones just to complement my 6.5`s in the fronts they also have to be in stock location what do you recomend?

thanks simon
CopyWrite

18th Mar 03 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if ur feeling generous towards your backseat passengers, why not?. Personally I wouldn't fit any rear speakers apart from subs, but if your willing to spend the 50 bux it could be a good idea.
SRi_m00k

19th Mar 03 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i don't think u'll get 5 1/4's into the standard position m8??? was told my alpine ones wudnt fit, dunno if thats cos of a heft magnet or the actual diamter tho??
SRi_m00k

19th Mar 03 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is an adaptor braket availabe at bout 10-15quid for speakers in the back but not sure wat size it goes upto
toger13

19th Mar 03 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have got 5 1/4`s in at the min mate using the standared brackets that the rear speakers are in
SRi_m00k

19th Mar 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh, hmmmm might have to have another go at it tomorro think the magnets are too big on mine or something tho cos they r huge!!!!
toger13

20th Mar 03 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is a 3 door corsa b mate and the only thing that may stop them going in mate could be the top of the wheel arch dont know if that is what is stopping your magnets going in mate let me know
trixta

5th Jun 06 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the max mounting depth for rear speakers in a corsa B is 64mm, and the diamter is 10cm for B and 13 for C. thats 4" and 5.2" respectively
Will_Sport

10th Jun 06 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have 13cm in rear as standard (5") in corsa B's

thinking about sticking my 3 way 13cm in the rear and getting some better things up front.

New Poll