corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Diamond Audio...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diamond Audio...
Jill
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jul 03 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got a web addy for Diamond Audio?

Also anyone got any good/bad comments to make on their quality/sound etc etc? Anything appreciated!

JILL
Kris TD

24th Jul 03 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are the bollox
Jill
Premium Member

24th Jul 03 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got them in ur car Kris TD? Sound quality etc?

JILL
PainZ

24th Jul 03 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diamond audio is good stuff,

www.diamondaudio.com

is their website.

[Edited on 24-07-2003 by PainZ]
Kris TD

24th Jul 03 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wish i did have it. heard it though, very nice
Jill
Premium Member

24th Jul 03 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've heard there stuff too-only on a few demo vehicles tho, so need to know what the quality is like smaller scale if you get me!

Cheers fellas!

JILL
corb

24th Jul 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're thinking a set set of their components up front and a single sub in the boot. Then, yes, the SQ that you'll get will be VERY good. Get one of their amps aswell, whilst you're at it. May aswell keep it all the same. Are you gonna get a screen etc. or just simply get a decent SQ, ony was gonna suggest some head units aswell.
SteveW

24th Jul 03 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diamond stuff is wicked. Thats what my next system is gonna comprise of.

All of it Diamond

Does cost a bit for their top end stuff tho. BUT the lower down stuff is still wicked.

Steve
AJP

24th Jul 03 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmmmm diamond audio....sex on a sub baby YEAH
Jill
Premium Member

25th Jul 03 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
If you're thinking a set set of their components up front and a single sub in the boot. Then, yes, the SQ that you'll get will be VERY good. Get one of their amps aswell, whilst you're at it. May aswell keep it all the same. Are you gonna get a screen etc. or just simply get a decent SQ, ony was gonna suggest some head units aswell.

Corb- I'm just asking around at the mo fella! What is it with trying to get me to put just the one sub in my car?! Firstly at MaxP Live and not here... hehe!

Snowy- When ru changing ur ICE install then? I thought u were kicking the old 1.2 8v beast to the kerb for a SMALL sum?? Or is Diamond Audio for ur next project??

JILL
corb

25th Jul 03 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i'd prefer an SQ system in your car, dunno why, just your car's smooth and nice, would be better with SQ.
SteveW

25th Jul 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah not planning to get Diamond in my car. Getting that for my next car. What ever that will be??

Still undecided about selling my baby. really dont want to see her go.

Steve
corb

25th Jul 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but 10K, its gonna go eventually, and for 10K, well. If i got offered that for mine, id actually be unsure, even though i'd not be losing that much on it, just cos i like mine so much
SRi_m00k

26th Jul 03 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

diamond rocks, i;ve put em components in just savin for an amp an eq to run me 2 12"m5's she's gonna bounce down the road!!!

not goin for diamond amps tho, think they're ugly, and as far as sq goes genesis are famous so i'm stickin wi them, one mono block comin my way, eventually!!!

got a wee genny 2ch to run me components, gonna have to get off me ass an wire the feckin thing in
Jill
Premium Member

26th Jul 03 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Think i'd prefer an SQ system in your car, dunno why, just your car's smooth and nice, would be better with SQ.

Ok then fella... here's the deal- if u can design me a nice setup with whatever YOU think would look good in my car then I'll definitely consider it. It's also a cunning way of getting ideas... hehe! I know what I want stereo system wise but not sure if it can be done or is too complicated/expensive

Snowy- SELL SELL SELL!!! If someone offered me that for my car I'd have no doubt in my mind to sell! Just think of all the lovely cars you coul buy with that money!

JILL
corb

26th Jul 03 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, Jill, do you want a nice SQ setup as i suggested, or some big ass SPL. Also, how much do you have to spend, and would you want any multimedia in there, eg DVD, screen(s), playstation?? i'll set about a nice mutimedia SQ setup now for ya. Then by the time you've replied, i can start a SPL or whatever ou had in mind idea
Jill
Premium Member

27th Jul 03 at 01:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well fella YOU decide what do to with my car's ICE etc- if u want a sceen(s) put em in, if you want dvd/playstation put it in- it's your call completely. And put whatever speakers you want in ok- obviously I'd prefer the Diamond Audio but it's ur decision at the end of the day ok . Let ur imagination run riot ok! And lets just say money is no object WITHIN REASON that is ok!

JILL
corb

27th Jul 03 at 02:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WOOHOO!
Jill
Premium Member

28th Jul 03 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and you can also choose me a headunit too- but it HAS to go with my interior (so preferebly in silver finish) Cheers fella!

JILL
corb

28th Jul 03 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righty matey, here goes:
HeadUnit - Alpine IVA-D900R £2499.99(RRP)

Front components - Diamond Audio HexS600s £499.99(RRP)

Sub - Diamond Audio TDX 12D2 £539.99(RRP?)

Sub Amp - Diamond Audio D7 Range 7402

Components Amp - Diamond Audio D7 Range 7054

Havent found you an EQ yet, still muddleing through! Ive sketched a rough pic of a boot install for ya, but it isnt very scannable. So if you're going to Donny South, can show you there.

Oh! And you also have screens in your headrests (probably Alpine TME-760's) and another of the same in your boot. Aswell as an optima yellow top. Boot Build has been done in fibreglass. Sprayed the colour of your car in some places and other bits in another colour(possibly silver to match the other bits of your interior).

Think thats about it for the moment, just gotta find you an EQ

P.S. You did say money is no object, within reason, so have held back on a few things!
SteveW

29th Jul 03 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well can i have a go??

Here is what i would choose.

Nakamichi CD-700 Mobile Tuner/CD Player “the standard reference others are compared against”.

SoundStream Da Vinci (7 chn amp)

Polk Momo or JL Audio XR components. (maybe even the new £1000 MB Quarts )

Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12 or a 10" JL W7

There you go

Do that in a custom fiberglass install and you will be laughing.

Steve
Jill
Premium Member

30th Jul 03 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooh cheers guys Sounds very productive! I still need convincing of this "one sub theme" both of u have gone for though...

Corb- wot have u held back on exactly? I'm not sure if I want it sprayed the same colour as my car because then it won't match the leather purple, but silver/silvery chrome is another option I guess! Why Alpine for the screens just out of interest? Oh yes and pics would be excellent!

Snowy-thanks for joining in! Who are Nakamichi and Polk Momo exactly? And are they any good?

JILL
corb

30th Jul 03 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, was gonna get you a different amp for the components, some smaller components for the rear, to give some rear fill for back seat passengers watching the screens, an extra sub and some sort of fancy switching device for the screens so that they can be operated independantly from each other. So you could have, say, DVD on headunit screen, PS2 right headrest screen, video on left headrest screen and rear facing camera for boot mounted screen.

You could spray it in whatever colour ou fancied, what did you have in mind for the boot build then. Painted fibreglass bootbuilds are the way forwards though Let me know what colour and i'll draw it properly for Donny South, if you're going to that.
Jill
Premium Member

31st Jul 03 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok fella- check ur u2u then for colours etc.

Could this be the reason u've held back on a few things....
quote:
Righty matey, here goes:
HeadUnit - Alpine IVA-D900R £2499.99(RRP)

I hope it this headunit makes me a cuppa tea in the morning as well then, seeing it costs two and a half grand! (joke) Could we perhaps choose something (dare I say it) *cheaper* and then that way spend the saved money on those ideas of yours?? Just a thought...

Anyway, thankyou very very much for your help and input-muchly appreciated!

JILL
corb

1st Aug 03 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clarion 928-DVD(think thats the model number)Can be bought for about £950 But more system options with the alpine, would be better off all alpine, but if not, then clarion.

New Poll