corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Independent Evaluators

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Independent Evaluators
scorchingpost

User status: Offline
13th Oct 03 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone recommend where or who to contact for independent advice about work done on a car.
My corsa has had cam belt and valves replaced recently but has suffered a secondary fault only 48 hrs later.
Initial work cost £800 and the garage claim the new fault is with the lower section of the engine.
I am now trying to establish whether the second fault is in any way related to the first - since the garage are denying responsibility.

Any help appreciated.

(moderators - apologies for starting several topics at one - but i think they do cover suitably separate ground)
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Oct 03 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This may be beyond the scope of somewhere like the AA/RAC who will inspect a car if you're about to purchase.

I dare say another garage would be prepared to take a look, see if you may be able to haggle in refund of the estimate price if you end up taking the car there.

Either way, professional opinion is not going to be cheap unfortunately.

Did the first place give you any more detail with the 'lower section' explanation?
scorchingpost

14th Oct 03 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They said it could be a big end gone, but wouldn't be precise as they'd need to strip it right down to find out exactly.

New Poll