corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speeding can u get caught if....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speeding can u get caught if....
dig dave2811

User status: Offline
24th Aug 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been out and there was a camera on the other side of a 2 lane road with no markings on the road and i was driving towards it. it flashed twice, there was no other cars on the road passing the camera.

i didnt think u can get caught for speeding if u r driving towards the camera.

do u think i may get a letter through the post?
corsa-sxi

24th Aug 03 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe lol..course they can catch u if they flash at u....
carl bear

24th Aug 03 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been flashed loads of times doin the same ting (goin towards and no lines on the road) i've not heard anything from them.
si_reading

24th Aug 03 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are some cameras that can get you from the front now, but they have got a like pink circle on the from instead of the flash, as it flashes using infra-red or something so it doesnt blind you when driving towards it.
Greasemonkey

24th Aug 03 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah there are some cameras now that face you, its so they can get a pic of your face so you carnt argue about who was driving, wheather the camera had film in or not is a gamble you take good luck
lacky75

24th Aug 03 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no... if the camera is on the other side of the road it wont catch u. I pass a couple of speed camera's (which are on the other side of the road even tho there are markings on both sides) regulary doing 80-90ish is a 70 zone and have never been caught (even tho they flash me twice a day).

I think the lines on the other side of the camera are just to scare u (if u get what i mean)??

as for the camera's that face u on the same side of the road as ur traveling i dunno??
Greasemonkey

24th Aug 03 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there are no speed camera signs up they carnt do ya
dig dave2811

24th Aug 03 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it did blind me as i drove towards it. i was doing just over 30 in a 3o. chears guys. im the onlyu one who is insured on me car so i cant argue that i dont know who was driving anyway
Fraser Young

24th Aug 03 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt think they could..... someone U2U RA he'll know...
M4tt

24th Aug 03 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can't get you if you're going towards them.

apart from the ones that work that way, but they don't flash you...
BenVTS

24th Aug 03 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You cant get done speeding going towards a camera if there was lines on your side there for if someone decides to go on the wrong side of the road to try and be clever.
CRB 553

24th Aug 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^true + thy cant get u if theres no lines on the road even if they know u were speeding coz they have to use the distance and flash time as evidence of ur speed.
NPac

24th Aug 03 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can fuckin sue em say it blinded u! i go past a camera on over side of road that goes off everytime i pass it m8 and i neva had shit through the post.
Paul H

25th Aug 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can get you.we have got some in lincoln.they work different to normal cameras they work on two lasers once you break the first one it times you to the second and if your going to fast it takes two photos. one picture takes the cars reg and second one the drivers face.so when you go to court you carn't dispute it was you.i know what you mean about blinding you i think they are dangerous..
cobra148

25th Aug 03 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes absolutely no difference if there are signs saying there are cameras ahead or not, or if there are lines on the road, or if the camera is the other side of the road (some revolve to do either side of the street).
If you get only one flash or two flashes, its likely you'll get a NIP in the post, if you don't, your lucky.
luca2020

25th Aug 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theirs a camera in town thats on the other side of the road, ive bin flashed 3 times going the opisite way, had nothing through

it dont do it now as they have fixed it, its not ment too
sxi_welshy_boy

26th Aug 03 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Guess every1 is talking bout the main SC's which are used.. the Gatso ones.. flash u twice and white lines in front of it.. They cannot do you if there arent lines there because these are used to prove your actual speed. ( I know this cos copper told me and was on tv). Also there HAS to be signs by law where there are speed cameras.

EG. There maybe signs everywhere but no sign of a static speed camera because they can use mobile (vans) cams. I know this cos it was in the Mail the other day.

Some cops caught speeding had a dispute over the signs cos legally they should have red markings around them like other important road signs. Instead of the black which they use. According to the Daily mail ne way.
dig dave2811

27th Aug 03 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah my mates went past the same camera in the same direction driving towards it etc and they got flashed but didnt get nothing through the post.
Kenni

27th Aug 03 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drove past a speed camera yesterday which was placed between the middle of the carriage way. The road markings were BEFORE the camera on each side (cus i drove on the other side on the way back). So this proves not only you have to drive PAST a gasto to get flashed, you can drive towards it to. The reason why the camera was place between the carriage way was so they can turn the camera facing the other carriage at any time (morning rush hour one side and evening rush hour on the other side...blah..i guess), so it only cost one camera.

New Poll