corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turns out I did get caught speeding...........

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turns out I did get caught speeding...........
Makarus

User status: Offline
10th Sep 03 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I posted the other day HERE about thinking I got caught speeding.

At the end of it all I was quite happy that I wasn't going to end up being done for it, but it turns out now that I am seen as I just got a letter in the mail.

Alleged Offence of "Camera - Exceed 30mph Limit"

A bitch really. Thing that annoys me is that I couldnt see the bloody camera for 2 reasons.
1) Because the van was parked with its back up the road so all I could see was a white transit as far as I knew.
2) There were loads of kids about 5m away from him prating about in the bus stop, so I was looking and laughing at them.

I dunno what to do, should I just take it and have done or should I try and fight it, ask for calibration reports, photos etc and challenge them on the fact that the van couldnt be seen and there were loads of kids about.

Lates,
Sean.
Andy

10th Sep 03 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"There were loads of kids about 5m away from him prating about in the bus stop, so I was looking and laughing at them"

And you were going over 30mph in a 30 zone

Now you're thinking of contesting it
Chris@Speedfreex

10th Sep 03 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ull ave a problem proving the van was there m8
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, shouldnt have been looking at the kids, it started off with laughing then me sticking my finger up at them for the fun of it.

Thats the thing, I was always under the impression that they have to have the van visible that its a safety camera van.

I was doing about 38-40 I would say, the bitch is that on that road I wouldnt have been accelerating, just cruising along on it like I do every single day, if you roll down the hill in 4th you hit just under 40.
3CorsaMeal

10th Sep 03 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

accept it and slow down.

i got caught for first time a few months back, was doing 91mph in a 70mph.

got a m8 who tried to fight it, he was doing 81mph on the same bit of road as me.

he ended up with £230 fine and 3 points and a court case.

i got 3 points and £60 fine.

and i don't speed anymore, until i can see way far ahead.
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, thing is I would have been going about 8MPH over the limit, only 3MPH over the cut off point for a fixed penalty.

Gonna ask for calibration reports and such like, dunno what the law is like on how he was parked (me not being able to see the van) and also need to check he was over 200m from the change of speed.

Because of how fast I was going and because of the road I just want to argue it, not like I was doing 21MPH too fast, if I had been caught for that I would just face it, but with this I may aswell have a bash and see what I can do.
carnoisseurcraig

10th Sep 03 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did u see yesterdays sun.

it had a cop van pictured wi the van facing the wrong way so traffic couldnt see if it was a mobile camera.

as we all know the cops camera has to be visible. page 2 of yesterdays sun.
corsa-sxi

10th Sep 03 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats is the flexibility they give u..like if u was in 30, they allowed 35?
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah in a 30 you are allowed up to 35. So I would hae been only just over.

I would like to know how accurate my speed do to be honest, because I have just been told I was exceeding the limit, not by how much.

The camera and the copper will have been visable, but I didnt notice it until I was really close because I was destracted by the stupid little kids.

The thing is the van was facing the right way but it was parked up completly off the road on a bit of grass the same level as the pavement. All I could see was the back of the van which was just plain white.
paul_spurrell

10th Sep 03 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
Yeah, thing is I would have been going about 8MPH over the limit, only 3MPH over the cut off point for a fixed penalty.

Gonna ask for calibration reports and such like, dunno what the law is like on how he was parked (me not being able to see the van) and also need to check he was over 200m from the change of speed.

Because of how fast I was going and because of the road I just want to argue it, not like I was doing 21MPH too fast, if I had been caught for that I would just face it, but with this I may aswell have a bash and see what I can do.

but you admitted in your last post you were speeding
Dan B

10th Sep 03 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fill in the form, send it back unsigned...
beav

10th Sep 03 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long drawn out process if you want to contest it. Peopel have alreayd started to get away with it (Dwight Yorke and a couple of others) however, u've got to be prepared to pay court fee' etc if you lose...up to you I suppose!

It's so annoing that these things are obviously jus ou to make money. They are only guidelines not laws about van parking etc... u were speeding in a 30 past kids messing about.

Richard
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I was speeding at the time. I admit that, just dont wanna get done if I can get out of it.

Like I said the fact is that the road I was on is a normal main road but about 3 lanes wide, dead straight so you can see into the distance, and I was just letting the car roll down in 4th and it gets up to around 40 on its own.

If you send it back un signed then what do they do???

I was thinking of just not sending it back, saying I never recieved it and then see if they both with the paper work to chase it up.
beav

10th Sep 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfotunalty..U will probably recieve a court summons for not returning..it is sent first class which by the courts is termed guarenteed delivery (crazy as loads of letters are lost each week) but thats that!

Filling it and sending back unsigned is the way to go if your going to contest it...thats the start of a very long process. They'll start hassling you saying you have to accept or have to sign, the threats will increase. ie a court case blah blah blah!

u2u me if you want more details.I'm only online for a wee time then offline for a a few days!
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That really is stupid because of the actual amount of letters that have been undelivered to me in the past.

So I fill it in, but dont sign it, then they will send me another letter telling em to sign it, and then I ask for all eveidence they have and calibration reports, also question them on the fact that the van wasn't visable.

I also need to check they were 200m within the speed limit because I aint sure they were.

Anyone got any more advice for me then, anything they have done in the past etc.
beav

10th Sep 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some police wont send the reports, photos out until a court date is set..they have no obligation too until this time! It will be extemely hard to prove that the van was outwith the guidelines...and still if you contest this, they will probably still say u were speeding so you were breaking the law and do you anyway!

You say that u have had undelivered letters in hte past. This excuse can sometime swork IF you have reported and complained about this to the post ofice previoulsy and have proof of this!
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah never complained, just saw it as an expected inaccuracy in the post.

I thought the police had to present to you all evidence that they would use to prosecute you.

The thing is that if they dont stick to the guidelines then I have been caught unfairly, say if they are not over 200m from the speed limit then I have not been given ample to to correct my speed.
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the place i was caught was just after it drops from 60 to 30.
cobra148

10th Sep 03 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate, pay the fine and take the points. You could contest it but its very unlikely you will get a result, you'll probably end up paying more in the long run.
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Costs me nothing to ask for calibration reports and all that stuff, its worth a try aint it.

Just pisses me off that yes I was speeding yet the place where it is everyone does it, its just the way everyone drives that hill, they let it roll in 4th. Pisses me off because I was just relaxing and driving, not even thinking I was a danger at all.
beav

10th Sep 03 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U r ment to be at the correct speed as you entre the change of limit! I go along with cobra unless you really really want...take the punishment. Its a bastard and shockig that such a blatant money making exercise results in this...but its a big hassle to take them on!

If you havent complained about the post then doubt that would work. And they only need to presnt all the evidence if it goes to court and you request it..not before...however many will so its worht asking for if you do deided to preceed!

Ur call!
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I aint just going to blindly pay the fine and all that, I want to make sure that they have all the evidence to actually back up what they say.

I may just ask for that first and then have a look see and then react after that.
jm960326

10th Sep 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its only £60 and 3 points, I got caught and its just easier to pay it and be done, Doenst really make that much difference to anything having them. Doesnt mater how much over the speed limit you are really, if they are being picky they can really do you for speeding if you are over the limit, as you are speeding.

You admit you were speeding, you got caught. Fact is if they were hiding and you got caught you were still breaking the law, so whats the problem?
Ask for the reports and everything but it'll all be right. For £60 and 3points its not even worth bothering with if you ask me.
Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact that insurance then goes up for the next few years till the points come back off is a bit of a downer.

I admit I was speeding but feel that if he had been easier to see I would have slowed down and not been caught. I admit I was speeding, I admit I was breaking the law but your telling me you didnt have the temptation to do what you could to get away with it??

If I was being daft with my speed then fair enough, but I was just letting the car coast down the hill in 4th because I knew it wouldnt be going stupidly fast so not endangering people.

I swear these people who spend their working lives trying to cause people in cars hassle need to just fuck off, there are real criminal out their like theifs and murderers but its too much hassle to try and catch them so they take the easy option of catching people like me going about my business in a none dangerous way. Arse holes.
jm960326

10th Sep 03 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 points wont affect your insurance really, knocked mine up by £10. So thats nothing. Doesnt matter if you can see them, you might of slowed down if you did, your saying you were speeding you know it was wrong as why would you slow down otherwise???

Just pay the fine and get the points, bet you wont be speeding for a while. Doesnt matter sayin let the car coast down the hill, brakes??? Slow the car down like most people.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turns out I did get caught speeding........... 22 database queries in 0.1677320 seconds