corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turns out I did get caught speeding...........

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turns out I did get caught speeding...........
Makarus

User status: Offline
10th Sep 03 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont talk to me like I am an idiot, the fact is I dont really want the points, if I can find a way not to take the points then all the better for me, there is no harm in trying, and it costs nothing to find all the devidence and check its all in order so I dont see why I shouldnt give it a blast.
jm960326

10th Sep 03 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah all means try, but there is a time limit on paying the fine so watch out. You say Im talking to you like your an idiot, what??? You've said that you were speeding-admitted that. Your trying to get out of being caught, even saying that they were hiden, coasting down a hill, also only doing 38-40.
sure that'll stand up in court, 'Sir I was speeding but I didnt see the camera and i was going down a hill. Oh and I was only just over the limit.'

Ok we'll let it go this time then.

Makarus

10th Sep 03 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I aint trying to say I should be let off for those reasons, its just a little annoying. What I am trying to do is find if there is a way I can get out of it, I always thought the van had to be clearly visable just like the camera's.
dannycorsa c

10th Sep 03 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got done for 44 in a 30 put my insurance up by 200 the next year ohwell!
ELZ_Sri

10th Sep 03 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dwight Yorke got off 'cos he hired an expert lawyer who was very experienced in using allthe rules and regulations to get his client off. The guy would have known he could get him off before he went to court. The bill for his services was probably thousands not hundreds. You cannot possible be as prepared as these expert lawyers and probably could not afford to hire one, so you'd have little chance in getting them over some technicalities as they've probably heard them all before and have a way round them. You would probably end up with the same points and bigger fine & costs as well!
MarkM

10th Sep 03 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take fine and points and leave it!
Corsa Sport Gav

10th Sep 03 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are all camera vans transit?
Corsa Sport Gav

11th Sep 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt..... anyone know?
R Lee

11th Sep 03 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Punto_Gav

dont think so...
Corsa Sport Gav

11th Sep 03 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oki cheers m8y
Rob H

11th Sep 03 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The van doesnt need to be clearly marked. Just the square white camera symbol on the back of the van is enough warning. In court if you mention that kids were blocking the view you will be laughed at! Firstly for being stupid enough to speed when there are kids playing in the road, and trying to contest the speeding fine. Secondly if there your excuse for the van being "hidden" it wont hold up, as they arent a static object, and so there's nothing the people in the van could have done about it.

Also im pretty sure the cameras they use are laser type ones... they dont need calibrating.
Makarus

11th Sep 03 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All camera's need to be calibrated every single day, they need inspecting. If they aren't always checked for calibration there is no way they can be certain that its readings are correct.

The van I saw had just a white back no other markings to be seen until I passed it, also the area in which they were conducting the speed traps has no signs saying that speed camera's do operate in the area.
3CorsaMeal

11th Sep 03 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Punto_Gav

no, alot of em are unmarked citreon/peugeot (can't remember which) but its that belingo thing......i look for the cage in the back windows
Makarus

11th Sep 03 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ones round my end are new tranny vans..........
ELZ_Sri

11th Sep 03 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One operating by me this week was a white transit parked on the grass verge alongside a 40mph sign. The only warning was a portable camera sign set up in front of it. The road is a 30mph though a built up area which then opens up around a bend onto a long straight. The sign (and camera van) is about 100 yds along this straight. They were getting loads of drivers who were 'opening up' as they left the built up area but before the 40mph sign. There's a lay-by further down the road and they were pulling them in and booking them. There was four getting booked at a time when I went past.
R Lee

11th Sep 03 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont the police have to show a sign of a camera within 1/4 mile of the actual camera?
drunkenfool

11th Sep 03 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if anyone says that isnt just a money making scheme they must be stupid! What harm does it do going a couple if miles an hour a few meters before a faster speed limit, when you have left the residential area?! Surely it would be more effective to stop people speeding in those areas where it could be dangerous, not just wehre they know they will get more income...

[Edited on 11-09-2003 by drunkenfool]
Makarus

11th Sep 03 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is stupid and this is why I dont want to let them just have my money.
p4ult

11th Sep 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there were kids playing near a van, you should have slowed down under 30 and not been doing over 30, if u see kids playing at the side of the road near a van, there may be a chance of one of them running out from behind it!
I think if you take this one to court they will just laff at u if u use those excuses!
Be a man and take the points and admit u were wrong!!
Makarus

11th Sep 03 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its extremely hard for me to explain the layout of it all.

The kids weren't playing, they were waiting for a bus and at the time dancing along thinking they were funny to my music.

as you come down the hill on the oposite side of the road there is a layby thats a bus stop, then the actual bus stop shelter and then just past the shelter futher back from the road there was the van, and the copper was stood with him camera out on a tripod in line with the bus stop with no yellow coat on.
p4ult

11th Sep 03 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day you were speeding and in the eyes of the law theres no excuse for that,
Trucido

15th Aug 04 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its kinda like saying I only stole a £10 top I could of stole a £50 top and the cameras werent clearly marked imho. The vans are there for safety and to catch you breaking the law...I dont see why they cant be hidden anywhere tbh

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turns out I did get caught speeding........... 22 database queries in 0.0161240 seconds