corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » turbo problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author turbo problems
bradfincham

User status: Offline
16th Aug 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right the 1.6 gte turbo nova that i am buying!
it has the turbo conversion, lowered compression by a spacer plate and uses a microswitch on the injectors!

how easy is it to take the turbo off as i cannot insure it with the turbo untill i am 19!
just a case of un bolting it? new exhaust maifold? head gasket?

i have rang 22 insurance companies and not one of them will touch them! even under my parents name!
please help me , just hoping it is a bolt on, bolt off joby!

miles

User status: Offline
16th Aug 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you going to remove the turbo from an engine with lowered compression then it will run like a right dog! Physically removing the turbo shouldn't be that hard, i think they put the turbo quite low on the downpipes on these, so just the exhaust will probably need chopping and welding.

New Poll