corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Electric advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electric advice
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th May 16 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish to put a power socket in loft. Can I just find an existing power cable up there and cut into it putting the socket in line to continue the ring...
pow
Premium Member

11th May 16 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.
Gary
Premium Member

12th May 16 at 05:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. Doubtful you'll have any ringmain cables up there. It will all be lighting. By all means put a socket on the lighting circuit if you must but you'll only have 6amp to play with.
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 16 at 05:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just for a TV amp distributor
Steve
Premium Member

12th May 16 at 05:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I take one off an existing socket down the back of the walls do I have to put a fused spur in. Bearing in mind the appliance will have its own fused plug
Gary
Premium Member

14th May 16 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not for one socket no. If its just for a dis box then it would be ok on the lighting circuit. Just make sure you chop into a mains cable and not a switch. Would be better on sockets though if you can spur off easy enough
Steve
Premium Member

14th May 16 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found a feed in the sockets ring so tapped I into that pics coming in my house thread. Fitted downlights too

New Poll