corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread

New Poll
  <<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official 2016 F1 Thread
MoesTavern

User status: Offline
9th Oct 16 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I support English teams in the champions league, despite my shitarse of a club sitting in 18th in the Premier League.

It's just patriotic to support your own.

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS F1 TEAM are a British Team. Unsure why you can't figure that out.

The name may not be, the payroll may not be, but the guys working for it are British.

I can't figure it out because it's not true

You're very combative on this forum, Ben. Are you like this in real life? I bet there's not a peep out of you when other men are talking. I bet you sit there staring into your cup of tea.
RichR
Premium Member

10th Oct 16 at 02:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Most the teams in the premier league are owned by foreigners would you say none of them are British clubs?

Not the same thing tbh. Being bought out by foreign owners doesn't change a club's heritage or origins.

That logic is flawed because today's Mercedes AMG Petronas team was in effect born out of the Tyrrell team so has English heritage/roots.

Tyrrell>B.A.T./B.A.R>Honda>Brawn>Mercedes AMG Petronas.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 16 at 07:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moestavern is a waffling fool
whitter45

10th Oct 16 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its under german license meaning its classed as a German team. They play the german national anthem for the Merc team for 1st place

So by FIA governing body its a german team but based in the uK with the majority of talent being UK employees, but its still a german team - hence why its Mercdes AMG.

Nissan Jukes are assembled in the UK by UK employees - doesn't make a British car

Redbull has gone through the same thing - based in UK but seen as an Austrian company

[Edited on 10-10-2016 by whitter45]
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 16 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happens if Hamilton who is disliked signed for Ferrari
Ellis

10th Oct 16 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difficult one. It's hard to define the F1 team alone as German with a predominantly British workforce based in Britain. At the same time, I find it hard to call it British with the Mercedes badge attached to it. I'll go for more British than German.

Why Hamilton fans so sensitive?
whitter45

10th Oct 16 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What happens if Hamilton who is disliked signed for Ferrari

I support the driver first then the teams

So as much I dislike Hamilton I would still support Ferrari. I thought vettel was OK when at Redbull but really warmed to him when he joined ferrari - he seems a very different person at Ferrari

I don't like Mclaren but find myself supporting them more now Alonso is there

It appears the Hamilton fans are sensitive wanting to defend him at every chance when so one doesn't blow smoke up his arse

I will say it again - I do not for one second question his ability - he is a very good driver. for me, not the best on the grid. The fact Rosberg and Hamilton can lap almost identically on a hot lap says alot - over a grand prix Sunday its slightly different and at times Hamilton has been superb managing pace etc and other times he has really let himself down

Hungary he was majestic the way he controlled the race

Put alonso, vettel, max, ricardo in the merc and I reckon the result would be the same as what we are seeing with Rosberg - very close

He want through of phase of keeping his head but when up against it, it doesn't seem to take a lot to bring him down

At the moment his body language appears all wrong - no bounce in his step, the way he handles the media. Its like he cant be bothered

[Edited on 10-10-2016 by whitter45]
MoesTavern

10th Oct 16 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Moestavern is a waffling fool

Quiet you
Ben G

10th Oct 16 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I support English teams in the champions league, despite my shitarse of a club sitting in 18th in the Premier League.

It's just patriotic to support your own.

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS F1 TEAM are a British Team. Unsure why you can't figure that out.

The name may not be, the payroll may not be, but the guys working for it are British.

I can't figure it out because it's not true

You're very combative on this forum, Ben. Are you like this in real life? I bet there's not a peep out of you when other men are talking. I bet you sit there staring into your cup of tea.

Not combative at all. You just don't seem to be able to handle a debate without resorting to childish insults. Bit sad really for an old bloke.

[Edited on 10-10-2016 by Ben G]
MoesTavern

10th Oct 16 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly an insult flower I was just taking the piss. dry your eyes mate.

I had no idea you were such a sensitive boy
MoesTavern

10th Oct 16 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RichR
quote:
quote:
Most the teams in the premier league are owned by foreigners would you say none of them are British clubs?

Not the same thing tbh. Being bought out by foreign owners doesn't change a club's heritage or origins.

That logic is flawed because today's Mercedes AMG Petronas team was in effect born out of the Tyrrell team so has English heritage/roots.

I suppose it depends whether you consider the current Mercedes F1 team as a completely separate entity to the historic Mercedes team.

I know the modern team came from Brawn, and Tyrrell before that. But they're called Mercedes, compete under the German flag, a German license, are German funded, and pundits refer to the team as the 'Silver Arrows'

Chelsea are Russian-owned, but they don't play in the Champions League under the Russian flag, nor do they play the State Anthem of the Russian Federation before matches.
Jambo

10th Oct 16 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find this patriotic thing odd. Its not the Olympics. Its F1, absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to support a British driver at all, but I find it odd you have to support a British driver because he was born here, when the sport is not an official national sports team based affair

Also, on that note I don't see any love for Jolyon Palmer, Button, Will Stevens or Paul DiResta (previously) ??

Hamilton is a nob, I dislike him immensely. as with Whitter, appreciate his impeccable talent, but also not immune to his shortcomings as I am not a fan boy.

I think it can be summed up with the ridiculous conspiracy theories about Mercedes sabotaging Hamilton so Rosberg wins, this is the opitimy of what I dislike about the Hamilton fans. Its absurdity and mindless following.

If you like him fair enough, plenty reason to. But don't chat utter horse bollocks when he fucks up or gets beaten
Ben G

10th Oct 16 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Palmer and Stevens pay/paid for the seats so it's hardly fair to include those.

Never had a problem with Di Resta and Button has loads of fans all over the world.
RichR
Premium Member

10th Oct 16 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't follow any particular driver or team; I enjoy the racing for what it is and Hamilton & Verstappen, in my opinion, are the only 'true' balls out racers in cars Apache of balls out racing. I like Alonso's style but the McLaren is a turd and the same goes for Vettel. Raikkonen has hugely gone down in my estimations with constant radio bitching rather than the task at hand. I also like Hulkenburg's style of driving but he'll always be the 'could've been' driver.
RichR
Premium Member

10th Oct 16 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is very little actual racing in F1 though; I like wheel to wheel action which you get much more of in lower formulas; stock cars and touring cars.
Ben G

10th Oct 16 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GP2 is always a good watch, but I always forget to record it.

Those drivers could not care less about damage, penalties or anything
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Oct 16 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't help thinking that wheel to wheel stuff will be rare next year with the aero changes - but we'll see.

V6 era has been pretty good for wheel to wheel though IMO.

The Lewis/Seb sequence was great, little tweaks to the corners on each lap trying to catch each other out - made for great viewing. If we can see more like that in F1, it would be great.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th Oct 16 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

D Ric vs Alonso a couple of seasons ago was brilliant. Was it at the Hockenheimring where Ricciardo absolutely schooled Alonso?

MX5 Project Thread
Steve
Premium Member

10th Oct 16 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RichR
quote:
quote:

I suppose it depends whether you consider the current Mercedes F1 team as a completely separate entity to the historic Mercedes team.

I know the modern team came from Brawn, and Tyrrell before that. But they're called Mercedes, compete under the German flag, a German license, are German funded, and pundits refer to the team as the 'Silver Arrows'

Chelsea are Russian-owned, but they don't play in the Champions League under the Russian flag, nor do they play the State Anthem of the Russian Federation before matches.

No CL team plays under a flag or plays national anthems before matches completely redundant point
Ben G

14th Oct 16 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hulkenberg joining Renault for 2017

This can go either way.
whitter45

14th Oct 16 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad move IMP unless he has reassurance that Renualt will get back up there

bit like the alonso Mclaren move - if they can make it work great

Remember when everyone questioned hamiltons move in 2013 and how it maybe a backwards step.

but they only took a year to get up there because of the huge changes - mainly the Turbo Hybrids
tom130691
Premium Member

14th Oct 16 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jumping to a factory team has to be a good idea long term,

be interesting to see where the place next year.

MoesTavern

20th Oct 16 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben you need to buy the new CoD Lewis Hamilton is in it
Ben G

21st Oct 16 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't owe a console, so it would be pointless buying the game.
Ben G

21st Oct 16 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ricciardo's hillbilly impression in FP1 proper character he is

<<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official 2016 F1 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0218520 seconds