corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Star Wars - - ***** SPOILER THREAD******

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Star Wars - - ***** SPOILER THREAD******
Generation

User status: Offline
17th Dec 15 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Discuss
_Allan_

17th Dec 15 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darth Vader is Luke's father
Generation

17th Dec 15 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't seen that posted 627257262717 times already online this week
_Allan_

17th Dec 15 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leia is Luke's Sister

Seen that one?
oJNAo
Premium Member

18th Dec 15 at 00:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't expect Han Solo to get killed tbh
sc0ott

18th Dec 15 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't seen it yet
A1EX

18th Dec 15 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kinda pissed off Luke wasnt it in other than a few quick moments, and who is Rey related to? Is she Rens brother and also Han and Leias daughter if so why was she on Jakku and if shes Lukes daughter again why was she on Jakku and who is her mother? Also Finn being able to pick up a lightsabre and go toe to toe with an apparently well trained and powerful sith or whatever he is, and then Rey picking it up and defeating him almost!?!

There was a few plot holes and the filmed seemed a little bit too focused on referencing and relating back to the originals.
Dave

18th Dec 15 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the risk of reading too much in to it I don't think Kylo Ren is meant to be that powerful, he has some impressive powers, stopping the blaster was pretty cool, but remember he is only 1/4 Vader, the rest is Padme, Leia and Han who are good so I get the impression he is constantly doubting himself.

Also Finn didn't go toe to toe as such, you could see he was scared and out of his depth and obviously eventually lost. Rey on the other hand is clearly very strong, although she is only just realising it, it's good that they kept her identity secret too imo.
A1EX

18th Dec 15 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i see what you're saying its just how they portrayed him initially as seeming to be quite powerful, and any doubt he had in himself seemed to leave when he killed Han. Yeh Finn didnt quite go toe to toe but did pretty well considering he was a sanitation storm trooper

As for Rey being as powerful as she is that early she is more than likely Lukes daughter.
Generation

18th Dec 15 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a lot of people seem to be forgetting we don't need all the answers yet; is part of a a trilogy and the story is obviously being built. I'll be going to watch it again soon, I thought it was weird that after she climbed the mountain at end, like was just standing there
Jambo

18th Dec 15 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
I think a lot of people seem to be forgetting we don't need all the answers yet; is part of a a trilogy and the story is obviously being built. I'll be going to watch it again soon, I thought it was weird that after she climbed the mountain at end, like was just standing there

I would agree with that 100% Generation. I was fuming in some areas when I left, explain the Lightsabre being where it was, why was KR seemingly amazingly powerful and also completely shit, how on earth did Rey learn to use the force in 25 seconds, Snoak is what/who/why are they Sith etc... Think this will largely be covered in the next instalments. Thinking this way has made me enjoy it a bit more.

BUT

For me, the unforgivable aspect was the complete remake of a New Hope, ANOTHER Death Star, Cantina Scene 2: return of Mos Eisley, too much homage shit. Plus, Han was obviously going to die from the comments about his father early on in the film, even the scene itself was so obvious... The pace and lack of character development was the other bug bear. Plus why was KR wearing a mask?? And he cried. FFS man

Odd one: this could be down to the cinema, but I SWEAR the laser sounds and C3P0's voice were not consistant, as in they sounded completely different in different scenes?! Some blasters sounded like original trilogy one moment, then all of a sudden the pitch changed in the next scene from the same gun?!

Also don't like that Kylo Ren was worshipping Darth Vader as his idol who he wanted to finish his "work" etc when DV had killed the emporer and bought balance to the force, helping the rebels destroy the Empire..... Not the most evil of role models

Generation

18th Dec 15 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't notice any differences with the sound, either I missed it or your cinema was having issues. I agree about the Death Star, they seem to be built pretty quick, and destroyed pretty quick too.
I try not to read too much into it, it's a film for entertainment it doesn't have to make 100% sense 100% of the time
A1EX

18th Dec 15 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd think they'd of learned from their previous two death stars and made it a bit more secure

Kylo Ren was a good bad guy until he removed the mask then became a bit of an angry emo kid with grandad issues
Generation

18th Dec 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removed the mask too soon IMO.

Shouldn't have removed until ok the bridge with Han.

I like that his character is being portrayed as "weak" already, like to see where they take the storyline
A1EX

18th Dec 15 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would of been a much better point definately.

Well hes going off to complete his training now with that Snoke guy whoever he is, if they miraculously found him before the death star blew up. Im surprised they didnt show a scene like at the end of Episode 3 of them rescuing him.
Dom

18th Dec 15 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fight scene between Rey and Ren; Ren lands 3ft away from her, next shot there's a land slide and Ren is suddenly 30ft away Daft shite like that really puts me off. Otherwise it was an alright watch, certainly better than the prequels although, no where near as good as the original trilogy

And i'm surprised Harrison didn't want to continue in the franchise considering he'd be paid a bucket load

[Edited on 18-12-2015 by Dom]
Jambo

18th Dec 15 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He hates the whole thing Dom. So no surprise he wanted out ASAP, plus he is about 954 years old.

Hamil looked fucking epic, such a tease. End shot was a bit baffling in its length.

Direction was too snappy and bam bam bam bam between scenes, not chance to absorb much.

But I will hands down say I had a chubby when the in-cockpit Xwing bits came on, the air over the nose of the ship was sexy.
Dom

18th Dec 15 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Hamil looked fucking epic....

He looks a lot, lot better than the photos that floated around a few years back where he looks borderline homeless
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Dec 15 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got in from it, loved it

Shouldve seen hans death coming, thought the kylo ren being han and leia son plot twist was good enough, but for him to go and kill han...i had my jaw open for 5mins from that

Think kylo needed to be a bit more menacing...but he will probs keep his mask on longer now he has a scar on his face, did notice that he had a light/dark side conflict when the sunlight was on him, then when the sun faded he turned dark again

Not sure if thats just a metaphor or its like superman scenatio when the light is on him hes got a light side conflict going on

Still puzzled as fuck on who Reys family are...moneys on Luke

But the way Han an Leia warmed to her...could be her parents (the way luke and leia were twins) but something to think about

Bit pissed a little as it felt alot like episode 4 but overall a great watch....wanna see it again,

[Edited on 18-12-2015 by SteveoBC]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

18th Dec 15 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another thing that surprised me...how well considering all the coverage and with social media that no spoilers have been massively leaked,
Jambo

19th Dec 15 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing that gets me the most; and you can discredit this
As much as you want, but it didn't feel like a Lucas film. Obviously because it wasn't: but a lucasfilm is a Star Wars film.

Don't get the shock with Han, KR said he was essentially going to kill him about 30 mins in...
A1EX

19th Dec 15 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theory ive read is that Rey was being trained by Luke and is Finns sister, but when Ren went bad Luke wiped her memory and she was sent to Jakku, hence the connection when she touched Lukes saber and why she remembered her powers so well and kept wanting to go back to Jakku.
andy1868

19th Dec 15 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got out of the cinema, I loved it to be honest. Were there some holes? Well yeah but I really don't care, I feel like a 10 year old again. Definitely going to watch it again!
noshua

20th Dec 15 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NERDS
Ben G

20th Dec 15 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never seen so many people get wound up over a fucking movie

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Star Wars - - ***** SPOILER THREAD****** 22 database queries in 0.0145209 seconds