corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Star Wars - - ***** SPOILER THREAD******

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Star Wars - - ***** SPOILER THREAD******
Jambo

User status: Offline
24th Dec 15 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep and I'm not clicking that link
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Dec 15 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That shouldn't be discussed in here lol. I might have to start avoiding the thread again now.

It was brilliant not knowing. The etiquette seems to be no spoilers. I even told my little boy that he wasn't allowed to say anything about it afterwards unless they have seen it

I'm sure that will dim down over the next few weeks.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
A1EX

24th Dec 15 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats why i posted the link and didnt say, even though its a spoiler thread i thought it a bit too much. Unfortunately i didnt have the option some tool posted the link and what it said on my facebook.

[Edited on 24-12-2015 by A1EX]
taylorboosh

25th Dec 15 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are you scared of links lol

Every one has sumised its content regardless
Jambo

27th Dec 15 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen it a second time (2D this time)

2D is far better for the CGI, looks a lot more real.

Observations round 2:

1. Felt the pace story was ok, not as much as I disliked the first time, although I still think there's room for improvement. Hopefully next director will be better and more of a cinematographer

2. I am now "on board" with KR, liked him a lot, even without the mask. I have dispatched my Sith expectations and have an open mind, I think he's great.

3. Domnhall Gleeson is fucking awful. Worse second time round.

4. I still don't see the fascination with Po Dameron. Just annoying.

5. Rey is amazing and so is Finn, even better second time around. Can't remember when I liked a character as much. Great actress and loved the way they didn't make it too feminist. Just real. Totally believable.

6. Light Sabres look shite. Not sure what they were going for but it was kind of like Werching attack of the clones if you turned your TV's contrast ratio up to 1 billion percent. Rey/Finn looked so awkward holding them, and the noise wasn't right.

7. This is I think the biggest problem..... The score. Or should I say what score? It's so weak. I think this is what let's it down for me.

All in all, even more enjoyable the second time around. Great film but still unsure as to the 9.5/10 people are banding about!

Will go see it again tho obvs
taylorboosh

27th Dec 15 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 times? Wierdo
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 15 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen this.

Was a bit disappointed.

Thought the acting between the girl and finn was awful. Very cheesy and not in a charming way like the originals.

Soon as Harrison Ford appeared I was relieved to get to watch someones acting I could take seriously.

All in all wasn't terrible but I was quite disappointed.
Jambo

27th Dec 15 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve don't make me quote Hot Fuzz at you...
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 15 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also hated how everyone was so young. For example the general on the imperial side was like 20 years old compared with Peter cushing in the originals. Just couldn't take it seriously.
Jambo

28th Dec 15 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carrie and Mark where about 18/19... Harrison a tad older.

So aside from Gleeson who was as menacing as me after a few Stella's I fail to see your point..
Generation

28th Dec 15 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rather than boxsets I've just been buying them individually, and getting the steelbook versions. I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

Finally seeing it again tonight; been working Lates for ages so haven't been able to
Steve
Premium Member

28th Dec 15 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Carrie and Mark where about 18/19... Harrison a tad older.

So aside from Gleeson who was as menacing as me after a few Stella's I fail to see your point..

Mainly referring to the first order characters, the general and the main protagonist.

Had no problem with the ages of Finn and the girl, rather their immature acting and directing style was what stood out with these.

Why was Finn able to pick up a light saber and use it like he'd been using one all his life? surely its a sword in the stone where only jedi powers can wield one. Cheap.

Didn't even mind that it was basically a remake of New Hope, the whole lot fell short for me.

[Edited on 28-12-2015 by Steve]
_Allan_

30th Dec 15 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funniest moment for me was the woman on the stairs on the way out.

'Was that the original Han Solo'
'I believe so, yes', said the guy she was with.

taylorboosh

31st Dec 15 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve - surely its just like a standard sword?

I could pick a seord up and have a go swinging it about, which i think is what he did
Steve
Premium Member

31st Dec 15 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly.

Also anyone notice how all the bad guys were white yet all the good guys were a mix of ethnicities.

And was it a coincidence the only guy that turned good from the first order was black.

I feel these films try to redress real world issues rather than escapism and just concentrate on being a movie
Marc

1st Jan 16 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 2 pence -

Opening scroll - Great, just what I would expect. Once it started it didn't feel like a Star Wars film, I suppose the universe is massive so they can keep showing new planets, ships etc but it didn't feel connected to the originals, or the prequels for that matter. Strange appearance by Max Von Sydow too.

Daisy Ridley was well cast as Ray and I thought she did a good job and I was convinced through out. Oscar Issac I am more used to him playing the toe rag, like in Drive and Ex Machina so seeing him in this role felt a bit odd.

Until Harrison Ford came on screen I wasn't really impressed or in to it other than BB-8 who offered the light relief. He looked great as an older Han Solo and a spin off with him centred on smuggling would have been brilliant.

Leia suited the General role, reminded me of Janeway from Voyager so I think her new role works.

The minimalistic use of lightsabers I can probably forgive as the first didn't have much other than at the end.

I liked the New Order and the Nazi-esque speech in front of the Stormtroopers was great. I actually thought Domhnall Gleeson played the part superbly. On deck of the Imperial Ships was perfect too.

Which brings me on to Kylo Ren, I was convinced he would be Luke's son and not Han and Leia's. I was unsure on him, the lack of confidence without the mask and the struggle he had could have been dragged out until the second film as could have been his unmasking. Must be a reason why it was all exposed so early on.

Mightily pissed off about Han Solo being killed off, I know as previous comments said only a film yada yada but to me they should have either not brought him back or just left it at a cameo. To me it has ruined the character. I guess he either didn't want to come back for more or they decided to retire the character.

I didn't care much for Maz Canata felt like she should have been in the prequels and not this "reboot". Also felt like a Yoda rip off. Not a fan of Greg Grunberg the fat guy out of Heroes either. Thankfully he didn't have much screen time.

The pirate with the Scottish accent felt wrong to me too, sorry Scots but he could have at least tried a non descript accent.

I felt cheated at Mark Hamill's 30 seconds of screen time, again unless he has a larger role in the next one I am not too sure why they bothered. I know the new characters will be the main focus of the story but I expected him to get at least 45 min of screen time! Hopefully he will play a Obi Wan style advisor role to Ray.

Ultimately stripped back it was a rip off of A New Hope with the story being re used. Which I am actually ok with. But -

Did I mention I am annoyed at Han Solo being killed off...

Overall, my 4th favourite Star Wars film after the original 3. My order of them keeps changing so I won't list.

7/10 - Would have been 8 if Han lived.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 16 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My best order.

1. The originals. No particular order
2. Episode 3
3. Episode 7
4. Episodes 1 and 2
Marc

1st Jan 16 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harrison Ford has been added to the Episode VII cast on IMDB. He wasn't included last week.

Rumours now that he will appear in flashbacks.

Supposedly said in interviews that he is giving up acting.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 16 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even George Lucas is hatin

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/movies/george-lucas-criticizes-latest-star-wars-installment.html?_r=0

[Edited on 01-01-2016 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 16 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why was Rey instantly a better pilot of the MF than Hans Solo himself? this devalued his character imo
Marc

1st Jan 16 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The latest comment sounds like someone has told him off and warned of future behaviour!
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 16 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep
Jambo

1st Jan 16 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucas's comments are spot on IMO.

Still like it tho.
Marc

1st Jan 16 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considering the franchise is now owned by Disney they have done a fairly good job with TFA. They have not made it all cutesy and at times the film still had glimpses of the original trilogies darker side. Would have been interesting to see how Lucas himself envisaged the story 30 years on, I'm guessing the fates of Luke, Han and Leia would have been somewhat different.
Jambo

1st Jan 16 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the hard part really.

He has three movies panned out. I hope they get made, although unsure how that would work now

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Star Wars - - ***** SPOILER THREAD****** 23 database queries in 0.0155082 seconds