corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Star Wars - - ***** SPOILER THREAD******

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Star Wars - - ***** SPOILER THREAD******
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Dec 15 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A1EX
Theory ive read is that Rey was being trained by Luke and is Finns sister

Huh? What evidence is there for that? I'm genuinely confused
spencer88

21st Dec 15 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw it last night, thought it was epic.

With the Han and Ren part, when Chewwy returned fire, bloke behind me in the cinema got up and shouted " Yeah, fuck you!!"

Thought he was a little too in to it!

Can see Rey being Lukes daughter, she has to have a parent who is a master jedi to be as strong as she is, unless Yoda donated some spunk?
andy1868

21st Dec 15 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be one hell of a twist spencer

I can't help but feel the yellow alien in the watering hole has something to do with it. She is the one Han trusts with Luke's location, and the placing of the lightsaber in her presence seems a little random. The flashback/vision Rey has in the watering hole is very Empire Strikes Back, when Luke is on Dagoba with Yoda (ie another strong jedi?) The other thing she mentions is that she isn't a jedi, but she said she understood the force. Does she have the force but was never trained? Passed it onto her children, ie Rey?
Scotty_B

21st Dec 15 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
With the Han and Ren part, when Chewwy returned fire, bloke behind me in the cinema got up and shouted " Yeah, fuck you!!"

I didn't shout it but thought it.
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Dec 15 at 23:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched it t'other night, rather enjoyed it and amazed I managed to avoid spoilers completely. Some right gobshites on FB etc.

I guess the Luke daughter theory depends on how much of the old Jedi Order Luke decided to take forward into his new era of Jedi. I'm pretty sure making babies was against the rules.

I think I prefer the Han/Leia daughter theory, she can fit Hans' place in the Falcon alongside Chewy and a brother/sister rivalry through the trilogy would be effective.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

22nd Dec 15 at 02:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved it tbh

Heard today theres going to be spin offs too
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Dec 15 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I loved it tbh

Heard today theres going to be spin offs too

yep a film a year for the next 5 years, the spin off movies will be out inbetween the VII VIII + IX

Dec 2016- Star Wars Anthology: Rougue One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eEKDfLNPg
set between episodes III and IV, story of spies in the Star Wars universe stealing plans to the first death star

May 2017 Star Wars: Episode VIII

May 2018 Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo

2019 Star Wars: Episode IX

2020 Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett (not fully confirmed)

Generation

22nd Dec 15 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go,

Star another 6182516 "complete" box sets to be released every year
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Here we go,

Star another 6182516 "complete" box sets to be released every year

This is main reason iv gave buying them up after i got the original trilogy on dvd, left it at that
taylorboosh

23rd Dec 15 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More films is surely a better thing?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah more films is a very good thing, im just saying i stopped buying boxsets becuase you will be forever buying them as they bring out new movies very frequently
Jambo

23rd Dec 15 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a fair few copies of Star Wars:

VHS Trilogy 4:3
VHS Trilogy Widescreen
VHS remastered A New Hope

DVD Phantom Menace
DVD Attack of Clones
DVD Revenge of Sith

DVD "Special Edition" Trilogy (2004)

Bluray boxset 1-6
Jambo

23rd Dec 15 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish they would release the remastered original cut First Trilogy on BluRay.

There's a few independent versions being made I think, but would be nice if they just released it. Hopefully Disney who aren't known for turning down a free dinner might give the fans what they want!
oJNAo
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll probably release the full collection in bluray 3D like they've done with the Hobbit. That comes with a hefty price tag though
Jambo

23rd Dec 15 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes damn shame they never released the rest of the films 3D, or EP1 on BD 3D, it was fantastic at the cinema!!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im still waiting for them to put the original trilogy back on in the cinema again

i know they did it years ago, wish they would do it again, missed out on secret cinema this year
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just came back from seeing it.

Been avoiding info like the plague and haven't seen anything but the first teaser trailer released ages ago.

Overall I enjoyed it. Nice pacing, good amount of action, brilliant cinematography. Every shot was stunningly beautiful, especially the early desert shots with downed Imperial vessels in the dessert.

I've the exact same dislikes as James, though. At certain points it was like watching a 22 Jump Street style parody of what a sequel should be. "We'll do the Death Star again, but bigger and stronger. It can destroy FIVE planets at a time now!!! Never ironed out that bug where a single fighter jet can shoot it to pieces though..."

Everybody in here seem certain that Rey's parentage is important, but God I hope it remains a mystery. As far as I know, we never learn anything about Anakin's parents, except his mum claiming he had no dad. Why does her parents have to be someone we know? Luke and Leia aren't the only people who are strong in the force. Far from it, probably.

I'm sort of glad they killed off Han. He received a fitting death and I don't want to see him throwing out quotes for the next two movies. "I've got a bad feeling about this!" Yeah, we know, you said that thirty years ago, get over it.

Balling
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Never seen so many people get wound up over a fucking movie
Who are getting wound up?

And as I recall we've had +10 page threads in the past about lots of movies. Everything from Terminator to X-Men have been discussed extensively. Again, without anybody getting wound up (except for Seth on the topic of Terminator or anything Christian Bale, obviously).

Balling
Premium Member

23rd Dec 15 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spotted this on IMDb.

Jambo

23rd Dec 15 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I too thought Han's death was decent, plus Harrison Ford is about a billion years old so he can't be jumping about rubble with a blaster for much longer (might break more than his ankle)

On the hole the more I think about it and have read about KR not being a Sith I see some of the things I disliked are deliberate, but a mystery on purpose. Remembered it was a JJ film so there will be some ridiculous things like that in it (Polar bears/lost etc) all part of the fun.

Can't wait to go see it again!
jezza

23rd Dec 15 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Just spotted this on IMDb.

Daniel Craig was the trooper who Rey used force mind control on
Dom

23rd Dec 15 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Just spotted this on IMDb...

Talking of IMDb, i just spotted my cousin on the cast list as an X-Wing Pilot - i didn't even know he got a part in it

quote:
Originally posted by jezza
Daniel Craig was the trooper who Rey used force mind control on

They should have kept his voice though, as from what i remember it doesn't particularly sound like him

[Edited on 23-12-2015 by Dom]
oJNAo
Premium Member

24th Dec 15 at 03:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simon Pegg is the Jakku merchant as well
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Dec 15 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw it today. Brilliant. A few points/observations in no particular order.

Felt the start was a little slow, and got a bit annoyed at the obvious comedy lines and remarks dotted throughout. "You speak or I speak" etc.

Loved the footage of the X Wing ducking and diving and taking out a load of tie fighters. Brilliant.

I've avoided anything Star Wars for fear of seeing a spoiler including this thread. I was gobsmacked when Han was killed, and remember slumping back in my seat afterwards

A little pissed that Rey learnt the way (well enough to get by) of the force on her own. Without a master/mentor. I imagine that she will be amazing in the next one.

BB8 idea was brilliant.

Ending in the words of Jambo - epic, really good. Dying to see the next one.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
A1EX

24th Dec 15 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems disney might have released a big spoiler as to who Rey is http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/disney-infinity-3-0-blunder-possibly-reveals-secret-about-kylo-ren-star-wars-force-awakens-1534831

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Star Wars - - ***** SPOILER THREAD****** 23 database queries in 0.0145969 seconds