corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New Console time - One/PS4? Trade ins?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Console time - One/PS4? Trade ins?
Jambo

User status: Offline
25th Sep 15 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So 360 is 2 years old already and it seems Battlefront Star Wars is only coming out on the One/PS4 so time to upgrade...

I'm sure its a question everyone asks, but which one to go for?? Never been a fan of Play stations since I binned my PS2 back in the day, got an Xbox and never looked back. BUT, wasn't impressed with the slowness of the updates and controllers of a mates XboxOne, plus it doesn't seem all that well received in the reviews...

So PS4? Controllers not crippling for people with normal sized man hands now?

What are the pro/cons? I read a comparison and it basically said they are both as good as each other, but have minor differences with the PS having slightly better graphics but that is tbh, only visible side by side if you are looking.

And I have an Xbox360 "E" console, who does trade ins and any idea of value? I checked Game but it wasnt in the list.

Cavey

25th Sep 15 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=360+e&section=all

I've always been a PlayStation fan, so wpuld obviously say that, as usual I guess it's whatever Moat of your mates have
Balling
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS fanboy here, so be warned.

PS4 has the largest user base, so bigger chance people you know will have one (including any cool Danes you might know). This imo is a huge selling point if you want to play MP games like COD or SW:BF.

That said, I recall reading that Xbone had much larger success in the UK compared to any other country. Not sure if it's actually outsold the PS4.

I'd also look at which games (and how many) the consoles have received through Games With Gold and PS+ respectively.
I feel PS+ has given me a shitload of titles. Most are smaller indie titles and a large percentage has been shit, but I enjoy trying new stuff.
No clue how GWG compares.

Graphics might not be a big deal to you, but keep in mind it'll be up to 8 years until we get a new console generation, so they have to go the distance. To be fair, both are already slightly outdated compared to PC hardware, but Xbone a bit more so.

All said and done, they're fairly similar and do a lot of the same things.

Have a look at exclusive titles as well. I'd struggle to go without Rocket League, personally.

evilrob
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an Xbox One. I like it.

It integrates with my telly so I can control everything from the Xbox. When I turn the Xbox on by barking, "XBOX ON" at it, my telly and cable box come on automatically (you need a Kinect for this, but you can get one of these - used - for around £30 on CEX - however, mine was perfect). I can have picture-in-picture and have telly on in the background while doing other stuff on the Xbox.

Xbox exclusive titles include: Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Scalebound and some interesting indie titles like Ori and the Blind Forest, Rare Replay, Inside and Cuphead.

If Tomb Raider or Elite are important to you, the new Tomb Raider and Elite: Dangerous will be timed Xbox exclusives for at least a year.

Xbox One will get even better later this year when they enable backwards compatibility, streaming to your Windows 10 PC and DVR functionality; this will allow you to play your old 360 games on your Xbone, stream your Xbox games to your Windows 10 PC so you can carry on playing if someone else needs to use the telly, and use your Xbox as a DVR (i.e. you'll be able to record telly on it to watch later).

That said, the games I really want to play (The Last of Us Remastered, Until Dawn, The Order 1886 and Uncharted 4) are all PS4 exclusives so I'll probably get one of those too.

I'm not at all unhappy about going Xbox One first, though. Games with Gold has come up with some cracking free games, for example:

Rayman Legends
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Walking Dead: The Complete First Season

edit: Quidco have got £50 cashback on Xbox purchases from MicrosoftStore.com today, meaning you could potentially get one for £249.

[Edited on 01-10-2015 by evilrob]
Jambo

25th Sep 15 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks chaps!

I usually just play with randoms online. PS4 means I get to play with Danemarks finest digital export? Lol.

Ok, so ref Xbox... I renewed my Gold in August, is this cross console applicable? I.e can I sign into my profile on the One and continue?

Forza is a game I love but not played a GT equivalent since GT3.. So probably better now.

I downgraded my Windows 10 back to 8.1 as I liked the Metro screen and it screwed my Dolby sound (and removed app) so that's out. Don't really watch tv and I doubt I could be any worse at computer games so giving me an adddd distractions probably not advisable

Hmmm. Good deal for £249 though, may wait to get a bundle deal when COD/Battlefield come out as this will save me cash if I plan to get anyway.

Feel loyal to box I guess out of familiarity but admit my gut feeling was not great when I played it.

Perhaps Ps4 it is...
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a ps4
evilrob
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I renewed my Gold in August, is this cross console applicable? I.e can I sign into my profile on the One and continue?

Yes.

If all the fancy telly integration/DVR/voice control Xbox One offers isn't of interest to you, and you're not into any of the exclusive franchises, and you don't care about being able to play your old 360 games on your new console, and you don't care about Windows 10 integration, PS4 is probably your better bet.

edit: just make sure you get one of the new C-revision chassis ones; it's a lot quieter and more power efficient under load than earlier hardware revisions.

[Edited on 25-09-2015 by evilrob]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving the look of the Star Wars Darth Vader PS4

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
evilrob
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil

I imagine this will probably swing it for Mr Jambo:

Jambo

25th Sep 15 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
i have a ps4

That decides it. Xbox it is!
Jambo

25th Sep 15 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darth is cool, but think I would prefer the standard black to match my black on black setup I have for my tv.

I also noticed my Xbox heating up my glass th stand heard the One is a lot bigger than the E, so space could be an issue and I really don't want to go through the hassle of changing my tv stand. Arse
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
i have a ps4

That decides it. Xbox it is!

you know that you'll get a ps4 now.

I will be getting battle front
evilrob
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
heard the One is a lot bigger than the E, so space could be an issue and I really don't want to go through the hassle of changing my tv stand. Arse

L x W x H = 33.3cm x 27.4cm x 7.9cm

Fits fine in the shelf of an IKEA LAPPLAND, with plenty of space around the unit for ventilation, if that helps:

Brett
Premium Member

25th Sep 15 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
streaming to your Windows 10 PC

Wow, didn't know about this

If you liked your xbox, stick with that imo.

[Edited on 25-09-2015 by Brett]
Nic Barnes

25th Sep 15 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ps4 fits perfectly on the floor in front of the tele idol if needed
Nic Barnes

25th Sep 15 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Television I meant
Conway563

25th Sep 15 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

And I have an Xbox360 "E" console, who does trade ins and any idea of value? I checked Game but it wasnt in the list.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-for-169-99-fifa-16-one-game-now-tv-pass-game-when-u-trade-xbox-360-ps3-2285452

Doesn't seem too bad a deal
Balling
Premium Member

26th Sep 15 at 06:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
The MGS one is the one to go for.

New controller colours are looking pretty cool as well (except the clear one).

And next year we'll get Playstation VR. Can't wait to be able to look to the sides in racing games.

Steve
Premium Member

26th Sep 15 at 07:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ps4. I have been a fan boy of both consoles in the past so have no allegiance to either. The controller was my pet hate about the ps3 but the new ones are much better
oJNAo
Premium Member

26th Sep 15 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my Xbox 360 Slim 250gb with an extra controller and 39 games for £150 on ebay. Got silly low offers on Facebook and that.

Xbox One ftw
evilrob
Premium Member

26th Sep 15 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
And next year we'll get Playstation VR. Can't wait to be able to look to the sides in racing games.

I see your Playstation VR and raise you Microsoft HoloLens:

Balling
Premium Member

27th Sep 15 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HoloLens is very interesting and the sort of thing that could get me to buy a One, if we see some good software for it.

Opposed to AR, VR is a proven concept though. The usability of AR in gaming is still unclear and I've seen nothing in the impressions or hands-ons I've read that convinces me that MSHL is suited for gaming.

PSVR is finished and ready for confirmed launch next year. MSHL is still in development and it seems the V1 release will be aimed at potential developers, not at end users.

Project Cars announced years ago that they'll have support for PSVR and I can't imagine a genre better suited for VR. I expect Driveclub will implement VR support as well, though the sceptic in me says they would have shown it off by now...

Jambo

1st Oct 15 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still no nearer to a decision.

I think PS4 is the way to go, but upon some research most of my mates have an XboxOne, so that goes in its favour, also I have just stumped up a years Xboxlive plus Forza!

But I still hate the controllers and my best mate has one I didn't even realise, asked him about it and he said "hate the fucking thing" and thats why I never play it

Argh.
oJNAo
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's so bad about the controllers? Felt a bit different to the 360 one at first but I'm fine with it now

I'm buzzing for Halo 5 and Battlefront
Balling
Premium Member

2nd Oct 15 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to play Halo 5.

Want to play Uncharted 4 more, though...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll