corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Domain and web hosting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Domain and web hosting
AndyKent

User status: Offline
10th Jun 15 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at Vidahost which for two years basic package seems pretty reasonable, but who are others with?

Only looking at a pretty simple (probably) wordpress based site for my new business......
Dom

10th Jun 15 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at their sister company, TsoHost, as well (both share the same hosting infrastructure) as they tend to alternative deals between. Also, do a Google for voucher codes as you can get up to 50% off.
corsayoung

11th Jun 15 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm now a web and server host, however for the level of service you need i recommend something really simple. eBay.

Back in the day i payed 1.99 for 3 years of unlimited hosting, admittedly it didn't come with a domain but you can get a domain for cheap from go daddy etc for dirt cheap or namecheap etc etc.

Just yesterday the hosting i got 3 years ago, i got an email asking for renewal! Never went wrong that hosting, i went with RaamWeb if it helps. If you need any more help just message me!
Bart

11th Jun 15 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+1 for Vidahost
DaveyLC

11th Jun 15 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be weary about 'unlimited' providers; usually it'll be FUP'd and T&C'd up to the nines.
Only exception i've found is Vidahost, who i've spoken to in-depth about their 'unlimited' reseller account whilst moving clients across to their cloud infrastructure, and it basically boiled down to - "don't use it as a DropBox" which is fair enough.

And i wouldn't look to eBay as it's full of simpletons and school kids that think owning a reseller account or a $2 VPS off LowEndBox makes them a webhost.
AndyKent

11th Jun 15 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might just go with Vidahost then. Tsohost are more expensive like for like.

Now to find a voucher code.....
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Might just go with Vidahost then. Tsohost are more expensive like for like.

Now to find a voucher code.....

Listed prices on Vidahost are ex VAT; TsoHost list prices inc VAT - which is why TsoHost can work out slightly cheaper depending on package/service (not all are directly comparable).
As said though, both companies use the same data centre (their own in Slough) and same hosting infrastructure.
AndyKent

12th Jun 15 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ridiculously they have a 20% discount code listed top of google on a 'secret' page, so that'll do - knocks off the VAT at least.

If only I didn't accidentally order a .uk domain rather than .co.uk

Didn't even realise these were available until the split second after I pressed the 'confirm payment' button! Doh! Hope they can change it before it is registered with Nominet.....
AndyKent

12th Jun 15 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey - 10 minutes later on a friday night and they've changed it. Good work Vida
Bart

12th Jun 15 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Blimey - 10 minutes later on a friday night and they've changed it. Good work Vida

Yes, I;ve had support all round the clock, 11pm on a Friday too.
Cracking support you wouldn't get with the likes of 123 reg, godaddy etc etc.
ed

13th Jun 15 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ridiculously they have a 20% discount code listed top of google on a 'secret' page, so that'll do - knocks off the VAT at least.

If only I didn't accidentally order a .uk domain rather than .co.uk

Didn't even realise these were available until the split second after I pressed the 'confirm payment' button! Doh! Hope they can change it before it is registered with Nominet.....

.co.uk is being deprecated - if you've got a .co.uk then you get first dibs on the .uk equivalent. The rollout has only recently started so it'll be a while before it become more mainstream.

New Poll