corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » web hosting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author web hosting
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
28th Jul 08 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a domain and hosting from 123-reg about 2 weeks ago. The idiots have failed to set up my hosting and I can't connect via FTP to my hosting. I've rung up numerous times and they just fob me off. I can't wait any longer so I know it's possible to get hosting with another provider and have my domain pointing at that host.

Question is - how long will it take to get that sorted? Does it take 24 hours or any set period to update the domain to point at a new host or anything like that. Cheers, Phil.
xa0s
Banned

28th Jul 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the ISP. Some will update instantly, others can take a week or longer (in my experience).

I can host you if you're all legal and everything. Got sooo much space (I completely over estimated).
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jul 08 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The domain name can take a while but you should still have FTP access somewhere even if it's not your proper web address. Means there can be a site there by the time the web address becomes active. Ask them if there's an alternative FTP address for this purpose.

Failing that, you need to wait 24 hours from the time the DNS changes were made.

New Poll