corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon

New Poll
  <<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Dec 15 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd be wary of buying a dipped/wrapped car unless it was dirt cheap. Mine was wrapped & dipped due to damage.
--ToM--

16th Dec 15 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the relevant checks were done before purchasing, also seen the pictures from the place who did the work, before and after the dip car isn't damaged.
Ben G

16th Dec 15 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the way that looks. Proper Ilford massive style, but I like it.
Ben G

16th Dec 15 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.s regarding Jambo's DIY dip comment, yes it's true you can do it yourself as my mate did his Focus st. But, it's a lot of work if you want to do a proper job. He removed loads of trim and spent ages taping bits up to get a decent level of finish.

He said he would only do it again if he absolutely hated the colour of his car.

He done just the wheels on his current Stealth Grey ST and said that was now all he would do
--ToM--

16th Dec 15 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone down my garage call it the G wagon &#128514;

The pictures Iv seen of this stripped down for the dip work look fairly extensive and tbh if it would cost me 400 to do myself or I could pay 800-1000 to get it done professional I'd be all over the second option.

Pics of your mates car Ben?
Jambo

16th Dec 15 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deoends on the car tbh, as in trim etc. But the entire purpose of dipping is the ease and lack of prep. No need to remove much, suppose the only shit part is door shuts etc.

It's self levelling paint, unless there's lots of dust and shit in the air it's pretty hard to not to get a good finish, it's nothing like rattle canning stuff. You can get a massive run in it and it sorts itself out. It's very rough textured not smooth like paint.

--ToM--

16th Dec 15 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh mine is no more rough in texture than a Matt paint job or vinyl,

Door shuts have been done but only about 1/2" to prevent peel. Cars black underneath so shuts look fine black.
Jambo

17th Dec 15 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant that it's not like a gloss/lacquered paint job
--ToM--

17th Dec 15 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell me about it I washed it today for the first time water marks like mad had to use the special treatment spray to make it look smooth again lol
Ben G

17th Dec 15 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's anything like my satin black alloys, using a drying aid of any sort leaves streaks and all sorts, so I just let them air dry of their own accord.
--ToM--

17th Dec 15 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was leaving water marks after I had finished pressure washing the soap off it lol, really weird looks spot on after I micro fibre and sprayed it though, seems hard wearing too had some naughty stones flick up at it recently and not a mark, some shitty blobs up the back like tar that I can't budge I'll have to find something more aggressive than soap but not enough to attack the stuff
--ToM--

21st Dec 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sooooo on the way to the garage this morning the I drive popped up a dpf warning! Iv just recently done two big motorway journeys to visit family so obviously it hasn't been regenning. So I bought a shitty dpf scanner off eBay and threw an additive in it.

I joke, apparently the Beemers won't start a regen if there are any codes at all present, so I plugged it in to find it had all 6 plugs and the glow plug activation module had codes, so I replaced them all, had to take all the inlet off again!! Only too 2 hours start to finish so can't complain.

BMW wanted £260 trade for the lot, got Bosch glow plugs and a beru module for £138 from euro. Winner.

Going to do a forced regen on it tommorow haven't checked if the codes have gone yet but they should have.
--ToM--

23rd Dec 15 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took it for a 40 min blast down the motorway I think it must have done a regen as the I drive message hasn't popped up since, I'll plug it in tmoz and check. Took some pics of it today while we were checking the data on it

Jambo

23rd Dec 15 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Dec 15 at 00:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had any grief for that tinted plate yet?

Bloody DPF's. I was out delivering Christmas crap and running around earlier tonight. Noticed towards the end that the car was idling higher than normal and doing a regen. They kick out some serious heat! Exhaust was cooking afterwards, smelt hot and was tapping like mad when I turned it off

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
--ToM--

24th Dec 15 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet mate Iv had the police spot it s few times and not stop me the most interest it seems to get is disappointed scowls from old men for some reason haha.

I just hope it's actually done it as it's hard to tell, I put my had over the exhaust tip when I got home and it was seriously hot fumes coming out lol no more warnings so fingers crossed it should be ok, it will of been s bit over full with it having the glow plug codes it will of aborted regens but I had no way of telling as glow plugs don't bring s light on nor does the module.
--ToM--

24th Dec 15 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some half decent pics today

Jambo

25th Dec 15 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks so good, makes me want to do mine
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

25th Dec 15 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate in work had similar regen issues, after a while playing with it he worked out he had a faulty thermostat, so would never get up to temp to trigger a regen. You sure yours is ok?
--ToM--

25th Dec 15 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate they have two thermostats which as you say are common to fail so the temp reading never reaches above 75deg which is the minimum required for the regen to start, also any fault codes at all present will stop it.

Since I had the glow plugs and module changed I went on a 10 min motorway blast and as I came off the slip road the dpf warning came up again I put this down to it being interrupted by me coming off the motorway too soon, next day I checked for codes- none found, programmed the Ecu to do a regen st the next opportunity, then took it of a 35 - 40 min each way round trip on the motor way a constant 90+mph run, not had the light flash up since and been doing a fair bit of round town driving, also the temp on the diagnosis was over the 75deg mark and the exhaust temp was through the roof so I'm hoping it's done!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

26th Dec 15 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
the exhaust temp was through the roof so I'm hoping it's done!

Regen will take place at about 500-700c haha. It's scary to think you've got that much heat sitting underneath your arse
--ToM--

26th Dec 15 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate 600 something it was at lmao, got home and left it running on the drive put my hand over the backbox and the fumes were fucking roasting, hotter than they would normally be lol
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

27th Dec 15 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Yeah mate 600 something it was at lmao, got home and left it running on the drive put my hand over the backbox and the fumes were fucking roasting, hotter than they would normally be lol

Haha yer, people don't realise it.
Lad in our work had one off his own car. Filled it with jizzer to clean it out as it was too sooted to regen.
Left it to soak. Gave it a quick rinse. Put it back on the car without rinsing it out properly.
Set it to a regen. There was fire dripping out the bottom of it after a couple mins.
Had about 5 mechanics with fire extinguishers crawling under he car
--ToM--

27th Dec 15 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lmao did he do a regen on the spot? Fuck that haha mine won't let me, all I can do is set it in the Ecu to regen next time I take it out but not a forced on the spot jobby, I'd be scared of the same thing happening haha
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

27th Dec 15 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer we can do forced regens on the spot. Just holds the engine at 3000rpm for a certain period untill it's hot enough. Then drops to 2000rpm and starts the 5th injector post flow to regen it.
It's safe to do them on the spot. Aslong as you don't fill them with flammable liquids

<<  34    35    36    37    38    39    40  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon 24 database queries in 0.0236871 seconds