corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon

New Poll
  <<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon
--ToM--

User status: Offline
11th Dec 15 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Left broughton ages ago mate had enough time to do my own thing only shit thing is I have to actually work for a living now lmao
Kev_GSI

12th Dec 15 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you said it not me Ill pop see you soon then pal
--ToM--

14th Dec 15 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha yeah mate pop in
--ToM--

14th Dec 15 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removed my swirl flaps today I wanted to do it for piece of mind but they were leaking oil from the swirl flap seals aswell so wanted to sort that out.

Also fitted two new pollen filters while I had them off.

Few pics

Ben G

14th Dec 15 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard about the swirl flaps. What do they do? And i'm assuming nothing bad comes of removing and blanking the hole off?
--ToM--

14th Dec 15 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There meant to "swirl" the air down the inlet to aid combustion and make it smoother at low speeds under low load so they say, they work off an actuator with a bar so as the revs increase like a turbo actuator the rod moves opening the flaps up fully.

In reality they clock up to fuck choke the engine, piss oil out the seals then go brittle and snap off and end up being plowed into the valves by the Pistons.

Makes no difference removing them mate, the blank plates you see there are where you would slide the flap in and a bar runs along there connecting them all up, the flaps operate inside the port below (inside the orange square gasket area) so by removing them it's just a normal manifold with a normal "hole" for air to pass down the blanks just fill the hole the flaps would go in.

You have to leave the actuator fitted and plugged in as not to throw codes etc
MikeF86

14th Dec 15 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many mwiles on this taxi?
--ToM--

14th Dec 15 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just over 100k with full BMW service history last stamp less than a month ago
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th Dec 15 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice car I like it.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Nic Barnes

15th Dec 15 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What other plans do you have? And what opinion over the 3 series do you have for the 5 series?
--ToM--

15th Dec 15 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really want to go mad with modifying it as it's had a lot of work done recently,

The dip
Wheel refurb
Gloss black bits
Calipers painted etc

I would like to change the "halo" sidelights to some bulbs that are more white as there just yellow ish at the moment, also could do with updating the sat nav and I want to change the boot and bonnet badges to carbon ones as the blue doesn't really go with the black and grey.

It may be going in for a clear coat dip for extra protection in the new year too.

The e46 3 series I had was ace but with it being diesel I didn't feel the need to have a manual as the routes I take to work etc I was forever changing gear, I wanted an auto and the box on the 5 is great, also the e46 was really small, after selling the vxr I thought what cars have I had that were great and cheap and that popped into my head but there a lot smaller than I remembered, but I allready had the BMW buy again so had to stick with one, I was really close to buying an e39 530d but thought fuck it Iv allways wanted and e60/61. Engine in comparison to the older one is so much more powerful, and smooth to drive, almost like a petrol you would know untill you floored it then it's got the noisey diesel sound, insides just more spacious etc easier to get baby seat in the back without it catching the back of the front seats etc, just loads more room and loads more comfort basically I'm very happy with it.

Loads more to go wrong aswell though, all though they seem to have great reviews and don't really have many major issues.
whitter45

15th Dec 15 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really like these and they have aged very well considering they are over 11 years old in design
Nic Barnes

15th Dec 15 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I still think they look good. Actually better than the model that followed it before it got the recent facelift anyway.
--ToM--

15th Dec 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why I went for one they really do still look good, it's like the e46 if it's a facelift they still look good now!

A base spec 2004 early model e60 don't look fantastic but a later lci m sport certainly do still hold their own, the new ones Im also not keen on.
Jambo

15th Dec 15 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesel autos make way more sense to me than manuals. Fuck changing gear every 3seconds due minute burst of power/revs.

Get some decent pics up John. Liking this a lot.
--ToM--

15th Dec 15 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly mate my left leg was fucked after a ten min drive home in my e46 constantly changing gear lol this thing I just plant it and go.

Took some quick ones in work today I'll wash it at some point and get some better ones I'll upload now.
--ToM--

15th Dec 15 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic Barnes

15th Dec 15 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't bother me changing gear tbh. Girlfriends x6 is an auto, still not used to it.
--ToM--

15th Dec 15 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo

15th Dec 15 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that the Dip keeps it protected. Shit is pretty strong also, only real "danger" is if someone keys et and rips the coating, you'll have to redo the panel, cost won't be much but I am guessing it was a custom mix colour?

Looks cool that
--ToM--

15th Dec 15 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does seem really hard it feels like cement lol, haven't washed it yet but Iv ordered all the proper cardipuk cleaning products for it, can get the whole car dipped again for under a grand so in comparison to paint or vinyl wrapping it's cheap! And they say better than a wrap as doesn't leave glue on the paint and doesn't shrink either.

They can also match any colour with dip the same way they can with paint which you can't do with vinyl.

The colour is Lamborghini reventon grey with 50g of purple pearl metallic added in so in the sun it has a cool shine to it not just plain dull Matt.
Jambo

15th Dec 15 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you did it yourself it would probably be no more than £400 including equipment. Plus redoing a panel etc afterwards would be like £20-40....

If you're getting the whole car done then "professionally" would obviously save you time, and if no access to a garage a minutely better finish....

But prep is almost zero compared with a respray, it's entirely DIY (sold levelling) and a piece of piss to apply. Sleep easy John, it's not going to be a mission if any mishaps occur.

Just think of all the light swirls you will be avoiding with a nice coating of plastic over the car :cool.

Looks good as a bonus
Jambo

15th Dec 15 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And great that you have the mix, no issues then!
--ToM--

15th Dec 15 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's it mate and if I wanna change it I can where as with a respray your painting over paint over and over unless you bare metal it this stuff you just peel it off and then whack a new colour on it lol,

Don't think i would wanna do it myself despite how easy it apparently is to so id rather pay and have it done right lol, the guy who did this is an actual body shop and had done a really really good job
Ian W

16th Dec 15 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate

<<  33    34    35    36    37    38    39  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon 24 database queries in 0.0189729 seconds