corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon
ShEp

User status: Offline
26th Aug 15 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silver wheels on red look the best, I post my fathers a3 a few pages back with ch's on it.

[Edited on 26-08-2015 by ShEp]
Jambo

27th Aug 15 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get why you want to sell but say it's the best car you've ever had?
Ben G

27th Aug 15 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of people like that on here, weirdly.

Mind you, i'd like to sell mine, even though I still enjoy driving it. It's nice to try something new.
Jambo

27th Aug 15 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sure they have their reasons. Only car I have sold like that was my E46 M3 but it was ruinous to run and I wanted a life
--ToM--

27th Aug 15 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv had loads of cars in the past and used to change them a lot more frequently than I do, I still love my vectra but fancied a change, didn't really know what I fancied I had a few ideas in my head but nothing stuck. If I got rid of the vectra and didn't like what I had replaced it with I would be well pissed off so opted for the simple answer of keeping it.

Only reason for thinking of selling was boredom and wanting a change lol.
--ToM--

31st Aug 15 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took a couple of piks as I walked home from the chippy before because I thought the car looked nice and shiny.

Also I really like the wheels all black.

Jambo

31st Aug 15 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really nice.
djgritt
Premium Member

31st Aug 15 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good. Mostly.....
--ToM--

1st Sep 15 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's broken now, went into limp mode on the way home
Jimbothebarbarian

1st Sep 15 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
It's broken now, went into limp mode on the way home

One of the reasons I chopped mine in. It started to get hissy and temperamental. Sensors here, and timing chains there...
--ToM--

1st Sep 15 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all fairness in my owner ship it's only dropped me in the shit once when the battery went while I was miles from home, other than that it's only had a boost control valve sensor wise. Parts wise drop links and brake pads (modifications not included).

And as for the chains that was piece of mind they didn't fail on me so on s whole it's not been to bad to me, one of the more reliable cars Iv owned tbh.

Plug it in tmoz and see how poorly it is lol.
Jimbothebarbarian

1st Sep 15 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh don't get me wrong, mine was one of the best cars I've ever had. Apart from usual servicing it cost very little.

After the chains went it just seemed to trigger a never ending line of daft sensors here and there. But over the five years I had it, it was the most reliable car I've had.
--ToM--

2nd Sep 15 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When your chains went who replaced them for you?
Jimbothebarbarian

2nd Sep 15 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nick offa vxronline. Got the full shabang done oil and water pumps etc etc.
--ToM--

2nd Sep 15 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you rate it afterwards? Seems to be shit loads of threads popping up on there with cars he's done work on with electrical issues leaks poor running etc, I don't know how he does the job from start to finish in a day myself without rushing it as its a massive job.
Jimbothebarbarian

2nd Sep 15 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as I'm not a naive fool, I left my car with him for a few days. Told him to take his time and not to rush lol.

Car was incredible afterwards. Never realised how much the performance had dropped off until it was fixed. I have to admit I was waiting for stuff to go wrong shortly afterwards but to my surprise it didn't. Well not for quite a while afterwards. Started with boost solenoid then a couple of months later fuel pressure sensor and so on and so forth.

Chopped it in as I'd sort of lost faith in it tbh. Was my main car and I want/need a reliable car for daddy duties and work etc.
--ToM--

2nd Sep 15 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair doos mate I see loads of threads of people travelling the length of the country and driving home the same day with the chains done and can't help but think it'll be rough as fuck, Iv been asked numerous times to do them but when I say I want the car for a few days they say oh nick can do it in a day so I say well take it to him them lol I'm not rushing it.

My fault code ATM is boost pressure related not sure why though the solenoid isn't very old
MikeF86

2nd Sep 15 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got a VX trouble code, can look on system tomorrow and see what it says....
--ToM--

3rd Sep 15 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only stuck it on my snap on solus scanner mate got P0234 boost pressure positive deviation, I can tech 2 it tommorow but it'll be the same just worded differently I'd guess. If I hadn't replaced the boost control valve a few months ago I'd be looking at that.
MikeF86

3rd Sep 15 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Complaint; customer complain of noise from turbo (whistle) and DTC P0234 &/or P0236.
Possible bent turbine blades in turbo due to broken sheet metal inside rear exhaust mani bank 1/3/5 being sucked into turbo. Improved production of manifold from 2010.
MikeF86

3rd Sep 15 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the only TIS bulletin.
Checking procedure says to check ambient pressure sensor and pedal position sensor wiring also.
--ToM--

3rd Sep 15 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't be a broken turbo because the turbo boosts fine and sounds fine when it's not playing up, it does whistle but that's down to induction lot and pipe. I'm wondering if the 3" boost pipe is affecting pressure or temp on the intake I know the temperature can effect it, pedal position sensor could be a shout as it does it in traffic.

This is how it's behaving....

So I went to work on Tuesday like normal, driving home like normal, drive consists of 5 mins through the town to a mile long straight national speed limit road where it gets a pasting which then leads to another two miles of windy lanes to give it a further pasting with a junction at the end which in rush hour requires waiting in a que for around 15 mins then from there another 5 mins to home.

So Its had its blast and I'm sat in the que first gear slowly moving forward on and off the clutch as the traffic stops and starts when all of s sudden the engine has what I can describe a "jump" like when you let the clutch go too quick an nearly stall or like a cool pack didn't fire revs dropped a bit when it did it but instantly came back to normal, continued in the traffic till I got to the junction then nailed it again..... Flat as **** no turbo basically. Got home turned it off and on and all was fine.

Spanner light indicates a stored code (doesn't go out with ignition on until engine is started). Drove to work Wednesday morning all was fine plugged the car in and got P0234 boost pressure positive deviation. Cleared it and drove home.

All was fine until the exact same part of the journey when I was sat in the traffic it did it again!!!!! So I repeated the process today drove to work fine cleared codes drove home boosted down the lanes etc fine sat in traffic and AGAINNNNN!!!!! Same place in the que it did it again.
Jon_C
Premium Member

3rd Sep 15 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds to me like you need to find a new way home
--ToM--

3rd Sep 15 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only other way has just had all the gravel put down to level the road out so its stone chip central at the mo
Ben G

3rd Sep 15 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds similar to an issue I had when sat at traffic lights. Revs dropped and it sounded lumpy and not clean. Turned car off then back on and it was fine. I think my MAF was dirty. Does yours have one?

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon 23 database queries in 0.1960630 seconds