corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 15 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was gonna say that he looks the image of you mate! I'd personally say no to vents as there really hard to make them look good unless there meant to be there ala Focus RS.

That Porsche
--ToM--

22nd Mar 15 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha there's no denying he's mine is there lol, grow up to be as handsome as his dad......... Haha

Yeah might knock that idea on the head then lol ! You need to pop round for a blast some time mate get you hooked and on the vxr hype lol,

Handed my notice in at work on Friday!
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Mar 15 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
They look proper plonked on! Also don't likecthst shape vent at all either was thinking the FRS mk2 ones as there like rectangles,

What supporting aesthetics you thinking? Aero catches splitters etc

Yeah, plus maybe dark details/touches if they were to be a dark colour rather than body colour...

FRS Vents; (if links work)

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8728&d=1285069839

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8731&d=1285069852
--ToM--

22nd Mar 15 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I think they look good and will look good on mine with the chrome on the front end done black etc maybe ?
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Mar 15 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitting details (rough)

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?107176-Vectra-VX-RS/page5&highlight=Vents
Chris x

22nd Mar 15 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same child seat as my daughters! Get the iso fix base, much easier!
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Mar 15 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And yes, the FRS Vents do look better...
--ToM--

22nd Mar 15 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x

Got the whole travel system thing pram etc was going to get the isofix but when I'm in work he goes out with the Mrs and my mum and sister a lot in various different cars so unless we bought about 5 of them the idea of them being semi permanent and easy to fit the seat would be out the window as we would have to keep swaping the lot over lol, tbh as car seats go this ones dead easy to just seatbelt in anyway lol, oh and by not buying one I had more money to spend on myself haha
--ToM--

22nd Mar 15 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to do get all the other bits how I want them then photo shop them FRS vents into my actual car before I cut holes in my bonnet am I right in saying the vxr bonnet is lighter than a normal Vectra? I know its ally and not steel
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Mar 15 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Need to do get all the other bits how I want them then photo shop them FRS vents into my actual car before I cut holes in my bonnet am I right in saying the vxr bonnet is lighter than a normal Vectra? I know its ally and not steel

Think all Facelift Vectra C had the Ally bonnet. Don't think it's VXR Specific...
Chris x

22nd Mar 15 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Got the whole travel system thing pram etc was going to get the isofix but when I'm in work he goes out with the Mrs and my mum and sister a lot in various different cars so unless we bought about 5 of them the idea of them being semi permanent and easy to fit the seat would be out the window as we would have to keep swaping the lot over lol, tbh as car seats go this ones dead easy to just seatbelt in anyway lol, oh and by not buying one I had more money to spend on myself haha

Yeh we got the lot too! Deffo makes things allot easier!
--ToM--

22nd Mar 15 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
quote:

Think all Facelift Vectra C had the Ally bonnet. Don't think it's VXR Specific...

Fair does saw a guy asking on vxr online about it wasn't sure only realised mine was ally when I went to stick my magnetic hand lamp too it when I was doing my chains and it fell off lmao
--ToM--

22nd Mar 15 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeh we got the lot too! Deffo makes things allot easier!

Well easy mate just chuck the car seat into the pram frame and off you go! That's why I got this car mainly for the boot space for the pram and also the fact iv always wanted one haha
CORSA NUT

22nd Mar 15 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Handed my notice in at work on Friday!

Serious??

Didn't think you'd be doing it this quick! Will txt ya tomorrow
Ad Blue B

22nd Mar 15 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drove one of these last night, was really impressed with it, that V6 noise is impressive, Love how easy it gets to certain speeds though and without much effort!
--ToM--

23rd Mar 15 at 06:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate got to give 5 weeks notice so had to get the ball rolling! Sound mate!

Ad - who's was it mate? Don't see many local I only know of mine jake gunners and Matt Duffield, such an understated car aren't they !

Ad Blue B

23rd Mar 15 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lad that I know through Hockey, everyone knows him as Benno, he's got a Black VXR, had some lad in our local going on about how rare his FRS is, so he told him about the Vec and he soon shut up haha

There's was an arden blue estate around here but haven't seen it for a while
--ToM--

23rd Mar 15 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah hardly made any vec vxrs 1001 I think and 71 in red haha sound like a right nerd
Ian W

23rd Mar 15 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That VXR with the vents reminds me of a Lotus Carlton bonnet.

That Porsche
--ToM--

23rd Mar 15 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does a bit now you mention it doesn't it!! Lotus Carlton is what I'm going to buy when I come into some money some way or another haha haven't planned out how yet haha
--ToM--

2nd Apr 15 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No vectra updates as of yet but I do have a replacement for the cav

Don't have a pic of the actual car as it's tucked away in the back corner of a dingy dark unit waiting for me to collect butttttt plans are to make it look something like this excited!

--ToM--

3rd Apr 15 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suspension on the back end of the vxr has settled now the H&Rs have been on a few weeks, cars rotten apologies!

Ben G

3rd Apr 15 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice. Sits well, although some spacers wouldn't go amiss. The rear wheels look a little lost in those arches now it's lowered.

Also, is that a karmann ghia?

[Edited on 03-04-2015 by Ben G]
--ToM--

3rd Apr 15 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been thinking that myself bud what you reckon? 10mm?

It is indeed, mine looks fuck all like that at the moment haha
Ben G

3rd Apr 15 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10mm should be fine I reckon. Will bring them out a bit without the worry of the tyre rubbing on the arch.

Can't wait to see what you do with the vw

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon 23 database queries in 0.1096170 seconds