corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Trolls

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road Trolls
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 15 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Only three things that i could say i get angered about.

- Middle lane wankers.
- People who pull out on you and slow your progress with a huge gap behind.
- People that will sit at 50mph regardless of speed limit. This is particularly anoying, theres a stretch on road coming out of York that goes that has the following limits:

40>60>40>60>50>40>50>40>60mph all within the space of 5 miles and the amount of idiots that sit at 50mph all the way through is ridiculous.

The A19 is a joke from York.

Was back there a few months back, what they've done with the speed limits between Escrick, Deighton and Crockey Hill is ridiculous

York Council haven't a clue what they're doing, there was a massive accident on the A64 near Copmonthorpe this morning and they set the diversions up as well as a 6 year old could have managed. People trying to go to Leeds would come out of Fulford to find they are going back into Fulford
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say they do piss me off to various levels, #3 probably the least and will result in me just saying out loud "yeah cheers for that"

#1 results in my shouting "COME ON YOU TWATS" followed by when the lights change "OH YOU FUCKING STUPID WANKERS"

#2 Sees me hit an all out rage, whereby when they pull out I will shout to myself "FUCK SAKE" then when they proceed to edge passed I will be shouting "COME ON FOR FUCK SAKE" then when I have to pull back in the rage will peak with a "OH YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING CUNT"
random dav
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It aint that bad in the UK. The driving in worse over here.

Constanly sitting in the right hand lane, its so bad its legal to undertake on roads below 90kmph, they all tailgate, dont give way properly, all drive automatics so have no sense of speed, loads more too.

WRLFC !

Project cars
baza31

22nd Jan 15 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with first two but you try driving a hgv and pulling out onto a fast road . You need people to give you a chance . End of the day you don't own the road , your in a car which you can easily pass them further on . Nothing worse than some cunt in a car racing up to you when your trying to join a road.

The one with the lights I agree , especially as everywhere seems to be getting these red light cameras fitted
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own the right of way though and this particular road its not so easy to pass, especially if you're someway down the line, you know what its like everyone shits themselves as it is about overtaking

[Edited on 22-01-2015 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way my anger isn't directed at the HGV or whatever driver, it is at the person who saddles everyone up behind with the hassle of getting passed when they just turn off and have nothing more to do with it and get the plus moral points for being a nice human being to boot. If they let something out and also have to remain behind it fair enough

End of the day they only do it because they know they are turning off anyway so wont have to deal with it, 100% if they were going to remain on that road they would not let it out.

JonnyJ

22nd Jan 15 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
By the way my anger isn't directed at the HGV or whatever driver, it is at the person who saddles everyone up behind with the hassle of getting passed when they just turn off and have nothing more to do with it and get the plus moral points for being a nice human being to boot. If they let something out and also have to remain behind it fair enough

Out of interest what would you rather they do? Speed up to fool the guy at the junction hes carrying on then do a last minute stamp on the brakes and indicate?

If i was at the junction in my HGV and i saw someone start indicating I'd be out, regardless of the flashing, you cant fanny about waiting for a perfect gap otherwise you could be there all day, so you'd be behind me anyway

Personally, i just dont see how this can be something to get annoyed at and certainly no bad driving has taken place, its just you getting a rage on at being slightly inconvenienced

[Edited on 22-01-2015 by JonnyJ]
GB123
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
happens littlerly every day to me.

You're lucky it doesn't happen literally every day, then you'd really be fucked.
Ben G

22nd Jan 15 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Number 2's are awful. Always one person behind a lorry who seems quite happy to sit in their slipstream for miles on end, right up until the point you're about to pass them. Then, wham! Said person needs to overtake at that particular moment and speed up by 0.5mph.

Wouldn't mind usually, but it always seems to be on the straight parts where you can see for miles on end behind you.

Being a HGV driver must be infuriating in traffic. Suppose they have to take any chance they get otherwise they'd be sitting there all day.

[Edited on 22-01-2015 by Ben G]
Neo

22nd Jan 15 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC

troll6) people who slam on their brakes and then indicate as they are turning into a side road, indicate before the turn you fuckwit!!

This ! Happens all the time and pisses me right off
SVM 286

22nd Jan 15 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

- Middle lane wankers.

Utter c*nts Toby. Death is almost too good for 'em.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jan 15 at 00:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find a little tap on the bumper normally sorts out quite a few of these examples.

And ditto the HGV thing. If you want pass it, stop being a fag and do so, or shut up. Or let it out and then pass, as per Mikes example. Or if you you can't judge it well enough, sit behind it. That is your punishment for being a shit driver.

If you're in queue, show your interest. I find pulling out to pass even if there's no room to gets people either angry enough to take the lead or scared enough to give me a go.
nibnob21
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 06:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate the ones that throw lettuce out the window at my car as I drive past.

I just shout at my girlfriend to calm myself down until she apologises though, so it's all good.

MX5 Project Thread
johnny86
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 06:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate people that have no traffic in front of them on motorway they sit in the 3rd lane and tap there brakes. Just move over you cunt
corsajay88

23rd Jan 15 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hgv drivers, on the motorways at night on all the 50 zones, most close to 1 lane. Through these I'm doing 50 but every single time a lorry driver sits literally an inch from my back bumper with hundreds of lights directly through the car, only to be left when I speed up a couple of miles later
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

23rd Jan 15 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For me it's the classic....Tailgaters...especially when I'm turning into a junction off a main road, given loads of time for the person to see my indicator and know that I'm turning, YET they carry on riding my boot lid getting angry as I slow down and then having the audacity to beep when I begin to make a turn! Twats.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Ellis

23rd Jan 15 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
- Middle lane wankers.

Utter c*nts Toby. Death is almost too good for 'em.

I'm thankful the nearest 3 lane section of road to me is about 100 miles away. This would seriously wind me up.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jan 15 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
Hgv drivers, on the motorways at night on all the 50 zones, most close to 1 lane. Through these I'm doing 50 but every single time a lorry driver sits literally an inch from my back bumper with hundreds of lights directly through the car, only to be left when I speed up a couple of miles later

Sounds like they're doing 50 and you're not.

[Edited on 23-01-2015 by Ian]
nathy_87

23rd Jan 15 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88

Sounds like they're doing 50 and you're not.

[Edited on 23-01-2015 by Ian]

How's that? Shouldn't the trucker be moving over? Bloody hell Ian editing your post.

[Edited on 23-01-2015 by nathy_87]
SVM 286

23rd Jan 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I find a little tap on the bumper normally sorts out quite a few of these examples.

Touring car nudge Ian?
SVM 286

23rd Jan 15 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
I hate the ones that throw lettuce out the window at my car as I drive past.

I just shout at my girlfriend to calm myself down until she apologises though, so it's all good.

IainL

24th Jan 15 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ I just spilled a whole pint of LOL. Thought I'd wasted my time reading this thread until now!
GB123
Premium Member

24th Jan 15 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheesecake everywhere
pow
Premium Member

24th Jan 15 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn it GB I was going to wade in with that. Not sure you were even about for the cheesecake events of 2010
GB123
Premium Member

24th Jan 15 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It had a lot of media attention

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Trolls 23 database queries in 0.1068940 seconds