corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Trolls

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road Trolls
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Jan 15 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
How's that? Shouldn't the trucker be moving over? Bloody hell Ian editing your post.

Yeah I'd assumed he was in L2 hence moving over but its not clear in his post which lane he was in.

Probably find there's someone along side the truck also oscillating between 45 and 52 so he's stuck in the rolling road block and getting annoyed.

Generally if you can see someone getting pissed off, you need to see what the reasons might be.

Truck deffo has cruise and a calibrated speedo. Cars, less often. Don't forget if you take him down to 43 up a hill, he's back through three gears and probably losing his fuel consumption bonus because you're in the way. Whole load of issues car drivers don't even know about never mind drive with consideration for.

[Edited on 24-01-2015 by Ian]
SVM 286

User status: Offline
24th Jan 15 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Damn it GB I was going to wade in with that. Not sure you were even about for the cheesecake events of 2010

I've been here since five years prior and still have no idea what it's all about.
JonnyJ

24th Jan 15 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
How's that? Shouldn't the trucker be moving over? Bloody hell Ian editing your post.

Yeah I'd assumed he was in L2 hence moving over but its not clear in his post which lane he was in.

Probably find there's someone along side the truck also oscillating between 45 and 52 so he's stuck in the rolling road block and getting annoyed.

Generally if you can see someone getting pissed off, you need to see what the reasons might be.

Truck deffo has cruise and a calibrated speedo. Cars, less often. Don't forget if you take him down to 43 up a hill, he's back through three gears and probably losing his fuel consumption bonus because you're in the way. Whole load of issues car drivers don't even know about never mind drive with consideration for.

[Edited on 24-01-2015 by Ian]

Everyone should be made to drive one, standards on the road might just improve

Getting held up on a hill is properly frustrating, especially when you're towing a double decker trailer thats maxed out on weight. Easy for them just to tap the accelerator and they're away again. We have an mpg target of 11mpg to hit and that goes through the floor when that happens.
Dave

24th Jan 15 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a lot of time for truckers but those who use the full length of the crawler lane on my commute to work to overtake another truck deserve a solid kick to the spuds.
Ben G

24th Jan 15 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boo hoo. Lorry drivers getting paid to drive yet get pissed off about having to share the road with other vehicles.

Shame.

Always see the lorry drivers in work. They get paid immense amounts of money to work less than half their daily hours.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jan 15 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems to me that a lorries MPG is the only thing anyone should be caring about on the road. Or whether an extra bit of hassle is caused to a lorry driver by changing down a few gears.

Lets not forget these people are paid to drive their vehicles, for the time spent in their vehicles and for the extra work and effort involved in driving such vehicles, I am not, so excuse me if I care a little less if they are a bit more hassled then me. I'm not there to help them with their jobs. I don't see them coming round to my office and helping me with mine.

Yeah what ben said at the same time lol

[Edited on 24-01-2015 by Steve]
JonnyJ

24th Jan 15 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
It seems to me that a lorries MPG is the only thing anyone should be caring about on the road. Or whether an extra bit of hassle is caused to a lorry driver by changing down a few gears.

Lets not forget these people are paid to drive their vehicles, for the time spent in their vehicles and for the extra work and effort involved in driving such vehicles, I am not, so excuse me if I care a little less if they are a bit more hassled then me. I'm not there to help them with their jobs. I don't see them coming round to my office and helping me with mine.

Yeah what ben said at the same time lol

[Edited on 24-01-2015 by Steve]

calm down son

FWIW though, im sure you've *never* moaned when someone comes along and messes up a computer though complete incompetence. Of course, why should they care, you get paid well to turn it off and on again and you dont come along and help them with whatever job they have, but i bet it still annoys you when someone fucks up your day because they couldnt be arsed to learn a bit more about the thing they were using.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
24th Jan 15 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, Ben, you can deffo tell you two have never driven anything vaguely heavy.

Most owner drivers aren't getting paid by the hour, nor getting their fuel paid for. Most supermarket drivers have targets which other road users can easily fuck up on their behalf.

quote:
Surely you would think to include where abouts on the drive that file is, do people assume I have the entire catalogue of networked files and their paths stored in my head?

Shame those people don't feel like helping you with your job.

quote:
End Users:

READ YOUR FUCKING EMAILS AND LISTEN TO THE MESSAGES

Or these.

IT is fucking famous for people being cunts to the support staff, you have to deal with cunts all the time. And sometimes on the road you have to try not to be one.
Ben G

24th Jan 15 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard pay on ford fleet is over 50k basic. I'm sure they can live with a little inconvenience
Generation

25th Jan 15 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fog light wankers
JonnyJ

25th Jan 15 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Standard pay on ford fleet is over 50k basic. I'm sure they can live with a little inconvenience

I can assure you that is very much the exception not the rule Try half that and then some, with zero hours contracts and the agency taking a cut of your pay for most.

Not that how much you earn should ever come into it. Just dont drive like a fanny.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish the hassles in my job were only worrying about mpg and occasionally having to change gears a few times when someone is going a bit slow up a hill
Dave

25th Jan 15 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like fuck are any truck drivers earning £50k basic! I know Ford are good payers but all the jobs I've seen advertised are <£10p/h. My brother was taking home less than £400 p/w doing 60 hours on class 1.
JordyCarter

25th Jan 15 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

troll 3 made me laugh
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50k for a lorry driver yeah right
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wish the hassles in my job were only worrying about mpg and occasionally having to change gears a few times when someone is going a bit slow up a hill

Those two things may seem like little non-issues, but when they can add up to missing a delivery slot, resulting in the load getting rejected because supermarkets and distribution centres have the most utterly ridiculous policies known to man, which then leaves you with a trailer full of shit that is no longer wanted, it has a knock on effect on the rest of your days work because rather than cracking on with your next assigned job, you've now got to get bollocked for missing your time slot, even though it was inconsiderate Steve's fault, because him hunting for floods to drive his Defender through is clearly much more important than produce getting to the people who need it. Bollocking over you then get told to drive the trailer full of useless stuff to another depot where warehouse staff have to waste their time unloading it into the nearest bin which then means more trucks on the road to go and empty the bins of what was perfectly good produce until you cocked everything up by apparently 'owning' the right of way.

Just a little perspective for you.
Ben G

25th Jan 15 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Oh really? When a line worker earns 40k, then of course the lorry drivers are going to be earning over 50k.
big eck

25th Jan 15 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to laugh at some of the replies in here being a class 2 driver for a living the ones who are mouthing off about lorry drivers have no clue about the shit we have to put up with on a daily basis. Try actually driving an 18t lorry in tight back streets and busy high streets and then come and say to me all we worry about is fuel consumption.
big eck

25th Jan 15 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Oh really? When a line worker earns 40k, then of course the lorry drivers are going to be earning over 50k.

This is well off the mark. Our class 1 drivers are on 36k a year basic. That's multi drop. Unless the drop and go guys are on more
Ben G

25th Jan 15 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The argument about fuel consumption wasn't brought up by us. Maybe you should read back and see.
Ben G

25th Jan 15 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

This is well off the mark. Our class 1 drivers are on 36k a year basic. That's multi drop. Unless the drop and go guys are on more

I haven't got a clue what that all means, but the fleet guys are a few grades above me doing 12 hour shifts. It's over 50k basic and ridiculously difficult to get into. Theres no young lorry drivers for a reason.

Bare in mind these guys are ferrying cars and engines, not groceries and poundland gear.

[Edited on 25-01-2015 by Ben G]
Andrew

25th Jan 15 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

IT is fucking famous for people being cunts to the support staff, you have to deal with cunts all the time. And sometimes on the road you have to try not to be one.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:

Those two things may seem like little non-issues, but when they can add up to missing a delivery slot, resulting in the load getting rejected because supermarkets and distribution centres have the most utterly ridiculous policies known to man, which then leaves you with a trailer full of shit that is no longer wanted, it has a knock on effect on the rest of your days work because rather than cracking on with your next assigned job, you've now got to get bollocked for missing your time slot, even though it was inconsiderate Steve's fault, because him hunting for floods to drive his Defender through is clearly much more important than produce getting to the people who need it. Bollocking over you then get told to drive the trailer full of useless stuff to another depot where warehouse staff have to waste their time unloading it into the nearest bin which then means more trucks on the road to go and empty the bins of what was perfectly good produce until you cocked everything up by apparently 'owning' the right of way.

Just a little perspective for you.

So same sort of issues everyone faces in their day to day jobs then.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Have to laugh at some of the replies in here being a class 2 driver for a living the ones who are mouthing off about lorry drivers have no clue about the shit we have to put up with on a daily basis. Try actually driving an 18t lorry in tight back streets and busy high streets and then come and say to me all we worry about is fuel consumption.

And again, whilst not being the exact same problem, I'm sure there are similar levels of responsibility and worry in most people's jobs.

That's what you get paid for, skills in driving a lorry. What do you expect a decent wage for driving down a straight clear Road?

No you get paid to deal with corners, tight roads, slowing down up hills, mpg and all the other public road users that unlike you, aren't paid to be there.

[Edited on 25-01-2015 by Steve]
GB123
Premium Member

25th Jan 15 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
When a line worker earns 40k

40k working on a production line? Really?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Trolls 22 database queries in 0.0923831 seconds