corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Trolls

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road Trolls
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 15 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These cretins seem to be becoming more and more common place on the road these days. However they aren't clever people who are trolling you for the lolz, these are people that are inadvertently trolling you through either shit driving or shit intelligence.

I encounter these 3 road trolling scenarios on a daily basis..

Troll #1) People who fuck around at traffic lights and pull away to 10mph max and leave massive gaps between the other cars pulling away, and because they are fucking around you get to the lights as they are changing, they nip through on Amber meaning you get stitched up through their dawdling and have to wait.

Troll #2) Overtaking when the main road turns to dual carriageway for a brief section up a hill, clearly designed to be used to get past lorries and other slow moving vehicles. So I've built up a bit of speed and am going passed nicely to judge getting in front of the slow vehicle in plenty of time when bam, some cunt either in an equally slow vehicle tries to have a go, or someone in a car that has no intent of accelerating pulls out in front of you, meaning you have to slow and by the time they have fucked around and got passed the road has run out and you have to pull back in behind the slow lorry

Troll #3) Cars that are turning into a junction, where you intend to carry straight on. Then they decide to let something slow waiting to come out of said junction, like a lorry or tractor out before they turn in, yeah fucking cheers you cunt, now I'm saddled behind that!

thanks for listening
JonnyJ

22nd Jan 15 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Troll 3 sounds like a lovely person whose helped the driver of the big lorry out by holding up traffic so they can get out of the junction and continue on with their working day. Who gives a shit about you and your progress, that lad has work to be getting on with.

I'd only be slightly annoyed with troll 3 if there was a massive gap behind you.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you expect me to give a shit about their progress, but it's ok for them not to give a shit about my progress? ok
JonnyJ

22nd Jan 15 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've got work to be getting on with, are in a much larger vehicle, much less manoeuvrable vehicle, they could be sat there ages if people didnt have the forethought to help them get out and you're in a car that can easily overtake them when the opportunity arises. If the guy infront is slowing down anyway, he may as well let the guy out and it will also help anyone else waiting behind the HGV at the junction carry on with their day.

You sound as selfish as troll 1 and troll 2 in troll 3 situation
Toby
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only three things that i could say i get angered about.

- Middle lane wankers.
- People who pull out on you and slow your progress with a huge gap behind.
- People that will sit at 50mph regardless of speed limit. This is particularly anoying, theres a stretch on road coming out of York that goes that has the following limits:

40>60>40>60>50>40>50>40>60mph all within the space of 5 miles and the amount of idiots that sit at 50mph all the way through is ridiculous.
nathy_87

22nd Jan 15 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Troll #2) Overtaking when the main road turns to dual carriageway for a brief section up a hill, clearly designed to be used to get past lorries and other slow moving vehicles. So I've built up a bit of speed and am going passed nicely to judge getting in front of the slow vehicle in plenty of time when bam, some cunt either in an equally slow vehicle tries to have a go, or someone in a car that has no intent of accelerating pulls out in front of you, meaning you have to slow and by the time they have fucked around and got passed the road has run out and you have to pull back in behind the slow lorry

I agree with this, as it also happens to me.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
They've got work to be getting on with, are in a much larger vehicle, much less manoeuvrable vehicle, they could be sat there ages if people didnt have the forethought to help them get out and you're in a car that can easily overtake them when the opportunity arises. If the guy infront is slowing down anyway, he may as well let the guy out and it will also help anyone else waiting behind the HGV at the junction carry on with their day.

You sound as selfish as troll 1 and troll 2 in troll 3 situation

It's not just me it is all the cars behind me that are also affected.

I'm talking about getting out onto a main road here from a minor road, there are going to far more people affected by letting it out in front of an already longish line of cars on a main road where the majority are going to want to do 60, then the one or two cars stuck behind it in the junction.

Obviously the slow vehicle has to get out, but its going to affect far less if he waits until the road is clear hence not have a long line of people trying to get passed on a main road. Besides all of that, I have the right of way on that main road over the traffic in the junction therefore it is reasonable for them to expect to be waiting and for me to continue on my journey without letting anyone out.

[Edited on 22-01-2015 by Steve]
taylorboosh

22nd Jan 15 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No troll 3 should be let out
DaveyLC

22nd Jan 15 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My pet hate on the road are the 40mph drivers, you know the fuckers! The complete and utter clueless mongrels who drive at 40mph EVERYWHERE! They sit in your boot on a 30 and then hold you up everywhere else..

Interestingly these are generally Female or elderly drivers.
JonnyJ

22nd Jan 15 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He could be there ages though if its a busy main road, especially if hes having to wait for both sides to be clear as he needs to take up both sides to get out. The driver of the HGV doesnt have all day, hes on a tacho, hes got deadlines to meet and a job to do, let him crack on, you can always get past and how much time are you going to lose having to sit behind a HGV at 40 instead of 60? You'd lose 2 and a half minutes over a 5 mile stretch.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Hereford to Worcester road is a 20 mile stretch, sometimes no opportunities to get passed, and if you're near the back of the said line, near enough no opportunity. So using your maths that means I will be getting home or to work 10 minutes later.

He will not be sat at that junction for 10 minutes waiting to get out.

I'm not concerned about his tacho in the same way as he isn't concerned about my journey or when I get to work otherwise he might pull over and let some stuff through halfway.

Perhaps if everyone lived in the ideal world you portrayed my views may change, but all I see is dog eat dog on todays roads, so that's how I act

Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
My pet hate on the road are the 40mph drivers, you know the fuckers! The complete and utter clueless mongrels who drive at 40mph EVERYWHERE! They sit in your boot on a 30 and then hold you up everywhere else..

Interestingly these are generally Female or elderly drivers.

Absolutely hate this, happens littlerly every day to me. Follow them for ages on a national speed limit that you can't really overtake on at 40. Then reach a built up area which is a 30 and they do not slow down what so ever. The most annoying part when there's nice little stretch to overtake just after the 30 but by the time you've caught up with from speeding though the 30 there's not enough space to overtake anymore
JonnyJ

22nd Jan 15 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Perhaps if everyone lived in the ideal world you portrayed my views may change, but all I see is dog eat dog on todays roads, so that's how I act

Right, so why are you complaining about people hampering your progress then? They only have the same views as you do
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tail gating wankers annoy me. I leave decent gaps in front of me when driving. So I don't need to be on the brakes ever 2 seconds, proving for a more comfortable drive. This does not mean I'm going slower than the car in front so don't sit On my bumper you prick!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

current trolls fucking me off this week

troll 4) deciding to join sit on the slip road of the motorway at 30/40mph and not matching the 70mph speed of everyone else until all 4 of their wheels are on the motorway, then decide to speed up and that point at usually stuck behind a lorry

troll 5) people who pull out into the outside lane to over take someone in the middle lane, but think that staying at 70 they will pass the middle lane as if by magic

troll6) people who slam on their brakes and then indicate as they are turning into a side road, indicate before the turn you fuckwit!!
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You lot need to chill out before you burst a blood vessel
ShEp

22nd Jan 15 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ones that piss me off are the ones approaching a junction you are waiting to get out of, And you have no way of gauging their speed, and they are almost on your o/s/f wing before they use the indicator.
to turn in, but if they had used it sooner you could have been out and gone.

[Edited on 22-01-2015 by ShEp]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the description it seems I'm an advanced troll 3. I flashed a tractor out of a junction on the right when I wasn't even turning. By the time he'd got across, I was already in the oncoming lane, committed to the overtake. The people behind got held up a bit but if they can't overtake a tractor then that's their problem. A farmer's day is long enough without spending half of it trying to get their slow tractors out onto national speed limit roads.
oJNAo
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slow people in fast lanes is my pet hate
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
From the description it seems I'm an advanced troll 3. I flashed a tractor out of a junction on the right when I wasn't even turning. By the time he'd got across, I was already in the oncoming lane, committed to the overtake. The people behind got held up a bit but if they can't overtake a tractor then that's their problem. A farmer's day is long enough without spending half of it trying to get their slow tractors out onto national speed limit roads.

I'd be going mental
JonnyJ

22nd Jan 15 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike

Excellent road reading there Mike This is good driving.
Simon_16v

22nd Jan 15 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby

- Middle lane wankers.
- People that will sit at 50mph regardless of speed limit. This is particularly anoying, theres a stretch on road coming out of York that goes that has the following limits:

40>60>40>60>50>40>50>40>60mph all within the space of 5 miles and the amount of idiots that sit at 50mph all the way through is ridiculous.

The A19 is a joke from York.
JonnyJ

22nd Jan 15 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
quote:
Originally posted by Toby

- Middle lane wankers.

The A19 is a joke from York.

Was back there a few months back, what they've done with the speed limits between Escrick, Deighton and Crockey Hill is ridiculous
Nic Barnes

22nd Jan 15 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im too busy waving back at people in transporter vans to let things bother me tbh. im a calm individual. no need for rage.
nathy_87

22nd Jan 15 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Similar to #3, People letting other people out from a junction who are going the same way, really pisses me off. It's them who's got to give way so why the fudge are you letting them out? It's just adding more traffic ffs.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road Trolls 22 database queries in 0.1013429 seconds