corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting FK Coilovers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting FK Coilovers
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jan 15 at 01:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a fair search through the site but haven't found anything that answers my question.

I plan to fit FK Coilovers that have been fully wound down and wondered if I needed spacers to stop rubbing as I have alloys with 195/45r15 tyres on at the moment?

Related question - Would I be able to use Halfords brake caliper paint to re-paint the rear springs?
Dee25790

19th Jan 15 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get them powder coated pretty cheap. If you choose a colour say satin black most coasters will throw them in with a load.

Other than that I would just use everyday spray paint. Rough em up zinc prime and paint
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Jan 15 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You more than likely will need spaces, my FK's rubbed the inner wall of my tyre (195/45/15 also) wound all the way down without spacers. I got 5mm ones and have no issue now.

[Edited on 19-01-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Jan 15 at 01:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee25790
You could get them powder coated pretty cheap. If you choose a colour say satin black most coasters will throw them in with a load.

Other than that I would just use everyday spray paint. Rough em up zinc prime and paint

I don't mind what colour really just wanted to clean them up a bit before I put them on, I'll ring around see if I can get them done that way cheers

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
You more than likely will need spaces, my FK's rubbed the inner wall of my tyre (195/45/15 also) wound all the way down without spacers. I got 5mm ones and have no issue now.

I did actually look through your thread first for info on the coilies haha, wasn't it just 5mm spacers and extended nuts?
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Jan 15 at 02:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's it
taylorboosh

20th Jan 15 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard bolts should be fine on 5mm
oJNAo
Premium Member

21st Jan 15 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191233856789

I'm guessing these are the ones? Just wanted to double check
corsa-torque

21st Jan 15 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will do the job, Halfords sell them for about a tenner
oJNAo
Premium Member

21st Jan 15 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to check Halfords! You've saved me a tenner cheers
oJNAo
Premium Member

1st Feb 15 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard bolts barely thread on so needed the extended ones

New Poll