corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Another day, another Islamic atrocity...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another day, another Islamic atrocity...
baza31

User status: Offline
9th Jan 15 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Are you saying if there was a death penalty there would be less suicide bombers baza? Quite a bold claim that.

Quote me where I said suicide bombers ? You lad are a total bell end .
Dave

9th Jan 15 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
3) bring back public death sentences for murderers or people convicted of plotting any form of the atrocities that we are witnessing on a weekly basis .

Dave

9th Jan 15 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By "any form of atrocities" surely you include suicide in this? Are you saying if there was a death sentence the people who carried out these attacks in Paris would have decided otherwise?

I'm aware of the dangers of arguing with idiots too John, still fun to ridicule them sometimes though.
baza31

9th Jan 15 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That wasn't aimed solely at suicide bombers though was it.
baza31

9th Jan 15 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half of the time they don't blow themselves up anyhow and there has been numerous examples . There is also other radicalised terrorists that are in custody . I am talking about people like lee rigbys killers . Rather than us waste money on keeping similar sorts alive they need to face tougher sentences than been thrown into a prison where it's nothing other than comfortable for them
baza31

9th Jan 15 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
By "any form of atrocities" surely you include suicide in this? Are you saying if there was a death sentence the people who carried out these attacks in Paris would have decided otherwise?

I'm aware of the dangers of arguing with idiots too John, still fun to ridicule them sometimes though.

No punishment would stop these actions . It's about showing that as a nation it won't be tolerated. They are showmen and it's nothing more to them than a load of religious bullshit and a show to the world . They are doing it to make a point clearly . For every one terrorist that runs around killing there will be 100s more that are plotting or ready to . If it's found that they are guilty then why should they be allowed to carry on living ? They should have the same outcome as the victims/potential victims
Dr Pepper

10th Jan 15 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you look like a "Bazza" too? You definitely sound like a "Bazza"
MoesTavern

10th Jan 15 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really understand this whole 'Je suis Charlie' thing.

Why are these people being called martyrs and defenders of free speech? Why is mocking Islam regarded as a good thing yet mocking Jews or blacks taboo?
Ben G

10th Jan 15 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Charlie Hebdo printed cartoons of Jewish and Christian stuff also mate. I don't get where you're going with the argument.
MoesTavern

10th Jan 15 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very rarely, if ever. The vast majority of their stuff is anti-Islam. They also fired Maurice Sinet (a cartoonist) for being 'anti semitic'
John

10th Jan 15 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing should be taboo as far as humour goes. If more people could laugh at jokes, even if related to them in some way, even if a bit close to the bone, the world would be a better place.
Tiger

10th Jan 15 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For once john, I wholeheartedly agree.
Aaron

11th Jan 15 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed, fun has been poked at the Scotch and Irish for years and it's never caused any trouble.
Russ

11th Jan 15 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Nothing should be taboo as far as humour goes. If more people could laugh at jokes, even if related to them in some way, even if a bit close to the bone, the world would be a better place.
agree as long as its not too personable
taylorboosh

11th Jan 15 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
Indeed, fun has been poked at the Scotch and Irish for years and it's never caused any trouble.

They arent smart enough to understand it though
ShEp

11th Jan 15 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron

They arent smart enough to understand it though

Oh we are.

We just don't feel the need to bomb you's, we give as good as we get.

Using religion or race colour creed is just an excuse for these arseholes!!
Balling
Premium Member

13th Jan 15 at 06:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern

Why are these people being called martyrs and defenders of free speech? Why is mocking Islam regarded as a good thing yet mocking Jews or blacks taboo?
"Je suis Charlie" is a phrase used to show support for the victims and condemn the attacks.

I don't think the majority is calling them martyrs. I've certainly not seen or heard it before now.

I don't think many people have argued that mocking Islam in itself is a good thing. However, the freedom to mock any religion without getting shot is a good thing.

It's a bit curious how out of all of this, these are the things that baffle you.

Cavey

13th Jan 15 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure that deliberately provoking the terrorists again with this next cover is the wisest move, but I can understand why they're doing it as a massive fuck you, we'll not be censored and do what we like

I think its just been a massive publicity stunt to sell more papers tbh, 3,000,000 instead of their usual 60,000. Well done Charlie
baza31

13th Jan 15 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Not sure that deliberately provoking the terrorists again with this next cover is the wisest move, but I can understand why they're doing it as a massive fuck you, we'll not be censored and do what we like

I think its just been a massive publicity stunt to sell more papers tbh, 3,000,000 instead of their usual 60,000. Well done Charlie

I agree . It's about making exactly that statement . Am sure if it was Catholics that had done this and they printed god crying there wouldn't be an issue . It's hardly offensive but it's just a statement . If anything I would of thought the decent followers of Islam would support it . The majority seem to not condone the actions of these Wally's anyhow . Have they said what they are doing with the profits? I think a large amount of it should go to the people/family's of all that was involved .
Lee_fr200

13th Jan 15 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think everyone in the world need to put aside their religious beliefs and go to the pub,

There's never going to be peace as too many ppl believe bullshit propaganda our media their media.

Go to pub n just get on ffs
Gary
Premium Member

13th Jan 15 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Proper Yorkshire. Problem? Get t'pub
Lee_fr200

13th Jan 15 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right though isn't it, does my head in these ppl that go shooting places up with innocent ppl just get on ffs and those wannabe terrorists in this country white or black if u don't like it fuck off to a country that shares your views and leave everybody else alone
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jan 15 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Je suis Steve
MoesTavern

13th Jan 15 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern

"Je suis Charlie" is a phrase used to show support for the victims and condemn the attacks.

I don't think the majority is calling them martyrs. I've certainly not seen or heard it before now.

I don't think many people have argued that mocking Islam in itself is a good thing. However, the freedom to mock any religion without getting shot is a good thing.

It's a bit curious how out of all of this, these are the things that baffle you.

I find it unsettling than 'baffling'

it all seems too much 'us against them' to me, marching in solidarity for our 'right' to publish whatever offensive and bigoted material we want, just because we can.

The freedom to mock any religion idea would be fine if Charlie Hebdo hadn't specifically targeted Islam for the majority of their stuff.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jan 15 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a joke of a religion though

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Another day, another Islamic atrocity... 23 database queries in 0.1920600 seconds