corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Another day, another Islamic atrocity...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another day, another Islamic atrocity...
Tiger

User status: Offline
7th Jan 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They shouted "We have avenged the prophet mahommed" apparently. Pretty open and shut case IMO
Ben G

7th Jan 15 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, I can say that
Jambo

7th Jan 15 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in Paris in October, there was a substantial anti terror presence on the Metro and around the tourist sites. And I'm not talking just some Gendarmes mincing about, im talking FA-MAS carrying Army infantry in full fatigues. This was after they raised the threat level. Guess there weren't any army chaps near the journalists offices tho
Russ

7th Jan 15 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theyre stopping using famas soon.. not relevant but thought you may need to know
Jambo

7th Jan 15 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a Tokyo Marui FA-MASsv fully electric BB gun. True story.
Tiger

7th Jan 15 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the world needs to accept that God doesn't exist and never did. Fairy tales are lovely before your brain matures enough to realise that it's the most ridiculous concept going. Lovely concept to sooth a concerned mind but seriously. It's time some world leaders got together and admitted its not true and end the madness.

[Edited on 07-01-2015 by Tiger]
Ben G

8th Jan 15 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So another police woman shot and killed by 2 armoured gunmen after a car crash.

One of the 3 suspects handed himself in, the 2 brothers are still on the run.

This is like the Boston bombing all over again.
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Online
8th Jan 15 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry but this seems to be a massive case of poking the hornet's nest here. Yes, the people who worked at Charlie Hebdo didn't deserve to die for printing cartoons or satire however they must have know that they were stoking the fire.

It's not like it was the first time their offices had been targeted and it's not like they've never been controversial beforehand.

The people who worked there knew what they were printing, they knew that they'd ruffle some feathers, they weren't totally innocent in this event.
Butler

8th Jan 15 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'In 2011, the satirical publication was firebombed after naming the Prophet Muhammad as its editor-in-chief'

GB123
Premium Member

8th Jan 15 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
The people who worked there knew what they were printing, they knew that they'd ruffle some feathers, they weren't totally innocent in this event.

That's certainly true, however, I'm not sure the reasonable response is to kill everybody with assault rifles.
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jan 15 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree.
Baskey

8th Jan 15 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm sorry but this seems to be a massive case of poking the hornet's nest here. Yes, the people who worked at Charlie Hebdo didn't deserve to die for printing cartoons or satire however they must have know that they were stoking the fire.

It's not like it was the first time their offices had been targeted and it's not like they've never been controversial beforehand.

Odd post, what's the point your trying to make

Of course they new exactly what they where doing

If they arnt totally innocent, what where they guilty of?
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jan 15 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point is that they're being touted as innocent victims, I'd argue that inciting racial hatred, printing anti islam, anti Semitic and other anti religious cartoons and so on is not the work of the innocent.

This was a targeted attack on a specific organisation, by a couple of people who they seemed to set out to offend from the outset, not an act of terrorism against innocent parties.

I agree that walking into somewhere and killing people with assault rifles isn't cricket but the media, literally everyone in the media who has ever been involved with comedy, writing, cartoons, news or whatever, is trying to make out that it is ok to be anti everything and publish stuff with the sole intention of causing hate.
Jambo

8th Jan 15 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the right of the free to question everything, especially those in power, or in higher respect.

Charlie hebdot have mocked Jews, Christians and Muslims. Only one religion deemed a cartoon worthy of murdering 12 people.

Freedom of speech.
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jan 15 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freedom of speech wouldn't get you out of court if you called a black man a coon.
Baskey

8th Jan 15 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think they where anti any religon - they simply pointed out hypocrisies as they saw it in any part of politics, religon etc

Also I don't think you understand what inciting racial hatred is. Mocking / questioning something is compleatly different to encouraging hate.

I , and lots of other people think they where 100% innocent. If you are going to say they are guilty of something at least be specific. Ruffling a few feathers dosnt really cut it

Baskey

8th Jan 15 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Freedom of speech wouldn't get you out of court if you called a black man a coon.

Correct

A black man has no say in his skin colour so can't be mocked for it

If you choose to believe in sky faires that your free choice and people can question it

I don't make the rules, but that is what they are
Ben G

8th Jan 15 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I wasn't aware Charlie hebdo printed papers with headlines calling Muslims towel heads?

Your point is ridiculous and pointless.

We're entitled to free speech.

I've seen pics of Jesus Christ fucking himself on facebook. Should I get angry at that? Or should I just laugh or ignore it because it means nothing?
Jambo

8th Jan 15 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure the BNP call black people all sorts of things.

Robin
Premium Member

8th Jan 15 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

Your point is ridiculous and pointless.

It's also free speech, I'm quite clearly allowed to express my opinion without worrying about the comeback.
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jan 15 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also Ben, just because you're not offended by an image on facebook mocking a religion, that doesn't mean it's not offensive and people shouldn't be allowed to express their disgust over it.
Jambo

8th Jan 15 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Expressing disgust and murdering unarmed journalists and artists are two completely different things.
Ben G

8th Jan 15 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you say murdering people is a good way of expressng your disgust?
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jan 15 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm fairly certain I said I don't agree with their methods but I, personally, don't feel that the 'journalists' were completely innocent, nothing in what I have said has implied that murder is justified, stop twisting what I'm saying.
Jambo

8th Jan 15 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think anyone needs to tbh

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Another day, another Islamic atrocity... 22 database queries in 0.1083610 seconds