corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Oct 14 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked it up for a few quid as a nifty first car and gradually did a few things to it.

Already installed Ripspeed blue pedals/custom interior mats/seat covers/rubber boot liner/400w sub/poorly fitted head unit from no cage/tinted side repeaters and had a new clutch put in, head gasket skimmed/repaired and two new wheels a week after getting a set of brand new tyres, due to some prick of a cyclist making me swerve into an island and denting both rims Only ongoing problem I currently have is the fan wiring has been bypassed so that it is always on but I only plug it in when the engine's been running a while or it's hot weather

Sorry for the long first post, just thought I'd include everything that's been done so far. New to properly modifying a car so don't be too harsh and throw me any pointers if you think I'm doing anything wrong or have better alternatives

[Edited on 09-10-2014 by oJNAo]

[Edited on 30-12-2014 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Oct 14 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

15" Vauxhall Alloys that should arrive Friday!

Took me a while to find out but they're Astra alloys (possibly MK3 GSI) but don't quote me

[Edited on 13-10-2014 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

9th Oct 14 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got any pics of the car yet?
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Oct 14 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front

Rear

Driver Side inside - Pedals have definitely had their use after only a year, guess that's why people don't buy Ripspeed stuff from Halfords

Jason x
Premium Member

9th Oct 14 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks tidy, exactly how I got mine but I got no sun roof

You manage to get all the glue of the sides yet?
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Oct 14 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plan to do that this evening if the weather holds up although gonna use a small dab of nail remover to get rid of some tinting spray paint near the side repeaters first
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Oct 14 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removed the mess that the tinting spray left on my paintwork and took a chunk off glue afterwards. Only took 2 hours

Before

After

Borrowed my sister's nail remover (with acetone) and tested it on the paintwork with a cotton bud before fully removing the tinting spray off the paintwork for those wondering

[Edited on 09-10-2014 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

9th Oct 14 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much better

Why didn't you just take the side repeaters off to spray them though?
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Oct 14 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite lazy and thought I'd save myself the hassle

Are they easy to take off? I can't seem to get at them from inside the car or under the bonnet

Edit: Just found out they simply slide forward to come off

[Edited on 10-10-2014 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Oct 14 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bilt Hamber Clay bar arrived today, gonna get rid of all the overspray and other mess off it

[Edited on 16-10-2014 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Oct 14 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels just arrived in good condition, just need a slight touch up in some parts
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Oct 14 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they take like 30 seconds to take off

Wen you putting the wheels on?
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Oct 14 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Washed the car, gonna take side repeaters off to get every tiny bit of overspray off now.

Thinking of buying these as they have chrome bulbs and then I'll do a proper job of tinting them this time

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330846457352?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Probably putting the wheels on next week when I hopefully have some lowering springs and a debadged grill so I can do them all at once!

[Edited on 10-10-2014 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 00:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181554883154?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
oJNAo
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched and ready to pounce when the time's right

Owe you a beer for finding this beaut!
Jason x
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries, took me ages to find spoiler for my car in the same colour

Just found this looking for something else
oJNAo
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I looked at it earlier I recognised the seller but didn't have time as I had to get back to work, just checked now and I almost bought a set of Cesaro's off him last week. It's a small world
oJNAo
Premium Member

13th Oct 14 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just nabbed myself an Arden Blue spoiler in good nick for a steal, thanks to Jason x

As soon as I bought the spoiler I received a message off another seller about his alloys and black leather front seats from his spares/repairs Corsa asking if I wanted them still!

If I get the seats I'd be spending too much too soon on my little blue beast

Separate question: Would it be better to buy TA Technix shocks and springs or just lowering springs with either a 40mm or 60mm drop?

Jason x
Premium Member

13th Oct 14 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you got the spoiler mate

I wouldn't bother getting 40mm springs tbh, you'll be wishing you went lower straight away.. 60 would look much better.
oJNAo
Premium Member

13th Oct 14 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it for £25 including postage

I've been looking at different lengths over the weekend and want my arches close to the wheel just don't fancy slamming 'em all the way as it's used daily. Depends on what the guy with 60mm ones wants for them I suppose! - £20 if I buy the seats as well, this guy's good

[Edited on 13-10-2014 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

15th Oct 14 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly been home let alone had time to fit the wheels or even get the rest of the glue off yet and the weather's been shockingly british when I have had a spare hour or so

Side repeaters with chrome bulbs came today and I reckon they look slyly shit so I'm gonna probs fully tint them, although might fit 'em on and see if they look half decent first

Guy I bought the Spoiler off messaged me earlier and said he's lost the bolts/nuts for fitting it and will refund a fiver if I still want it. Would I be able to find similar bolts/nuts at B&Q and tiger seal it on?

Jason x
Premium Member

16th Oct 14 at 01:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you probably could, however you dont even really need them most people just tiger seal it on.

I only drilled holes in the boot and bolted in on as im paranoid about that kind of thing
oJNAo
Premium Member

16th Oct 14 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well he's knocking a fiver off it as it didn't say in the description so I'm getting a spoiler for £20 including postage now so can't moan

Centre cap key and new bolts arrived today so may have the wheels on by the weekend, maybe not it depends on this shitty weather Alloys need a bit of loving but nothing a cheap Halfords scratch repair kit won't fix

Simon_16v

18th Oct 14 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can use self tapping screws for the spoiler, just use a small drill bit for the pilot hole and away you go.
oJNAo
Premium Member

18th Oct 14 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't be a while till I try to fit it and I haven't even had it delivered yet

When I have a spare day I'll give it a go cheers

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition 23 database queries in 0.2001920 seconds