corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » [PS4] Destiny

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [PS4] Destiny
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Sep 14 at 06:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody got this?

While it unfortunately doesn't live up to the hype, the game is great fun. Especially in co-op and competitive multiplayer.

Anyone want to play some co-op, post your PSN and I'll add you.

XSIHardy

13th Sep 14 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theyellowking1

And tbh I'm loving it the online capture the flag ect is shit but the story gameplay is really good. And it's taking a while too do which is nice.
Balling
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Added you.

I'm digging the multiplayer, personally. Especially the team deathmatch playlist.

Actually the story missions are the weakest points imo. I much prefer Patrol or Strike missions.

Love that progression is fairly quick. I'm about five hours in and on level 12.

Which class are you playing? I tried Titan and Warlock during the demo, but went with Warlock this time as I prefer the ranged Super.

Y869 SRA

13th Sep 14 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it. Finding the story mode a little boring.
Haven't tried MP yet.
Wrighty

13th Sep 14 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hit level 20 earlier in the week but had no idea what i was doing really and didnt go finding all the gold chests right away. I Got talked into it last minute by the rest of my clan so im only just finding out tricks and tips ie waiting for a higher level to cash in those engrams rather then doing it right away.

Im playing hunter and still have a few focus/class abilitys to unlock for my gunslinger
My bladedancer is about half way unlocked for all class ability

Weapons + Items can be stored in the vault for if you want to start another character. so dont just dismantle everything like iv been doing.

When i finish on monday i need to grind some strikes/missions on hard settings for more rare gear to catch up with everyone i know.

IGN have a pretty good wiki on it: http://uk.ign.com/wikis/destiny
Wrighty

13th Sep 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Y869 SRA
I have it. Finding the story mode a little boring.
Haven't tried MP yet.

Are you playing with a couple of buddies? its a bit pap on your own, get a fireteam going and set the difficulty to hard its a lot better and more rewarding.

The situations are a bit similar i would agree, but thats how these games work isnt it?
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep not bad
Balling
Premium Member

13th Sep 14 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
Im playing hunter and still have a few focus/class abilitys to unlock for my gunslinger
My bladedancer is about half way unlocked for all class ability
I don't get the changing subclass bit.

Say I want to change subclass as it's unlocked at lvl 15, I then have to start over with no skills?

Wrighty

14th Sep 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont have to play your subclass if you dont wanna. but they all have areas where they can excel in both PvE and PvP as you can spec them as per situation

You keep your level, your gear etc but your new subclass has to unlock class ability yeah.

i havnt done it yet but you can also lock in your subclass, and unlock a further sublcass again which will level up faster then previously.
Cavey

14th Sep 14 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the first game that has made me want a Ps4
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 14 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting into this now, moon looks awesome
XSIHardy

15th Sep 14 at 05:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving this tbh
baza31

15th Sep 14 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might go buy it later on . Is it decent?
Balling
Premium Member

15th Sep 14 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's great. Especially when you're two or three running together.

Loving the mix of single- and multiplayer. Freeroam a bit, quick TDM, do a Strike mission. Doesn't get stale this way.

Liking the loot system, though yet to see a legendary.

[Edited on 15-09-2014 by Balling]

baza31

15th Sep 14 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you go online? I have never played online how much is it and how do you register?
Balling
Premium Member

15th Sep 14 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly connect to the internet using cable or wireless.

Login with your PSN ID or create one.

Then buy Destiny, it comes with 30 days free PS+. Just follow the instructions. It renews automatically once you choose your plan, think it's around £3-4 a month if you choose 12 months.

MoesTavern

15th Sep 14 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The general consensus on this seems to be it's great at first, then repetition sets in incredibly quickly?

It's reviewed terribly too

Balling
Premium Member

16th Sep 14 at 06:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get the horrible reviews at all. Compared to something like CoD, this is a much more streamlined experience.

It's repetitive in the same way that any online shooter is, really.

The exception is that half of the maps are co-op Player v. Enemy missions.

Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 14 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its because most reviews expect a decent story these days, the story is pretty poor.

for me though its like a massive coop arcade sci fi shooter.
baza31

16th Sep 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking of story lines are they bringing a last of us 2 out ?
Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 14 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few tips I wish I'd had when I first started playing this:

Don't do any side activities until you've finished the story.
Drop rate increases after level 18 and legendaries and exotics are unlocked at the same time. Strikes and patrols aren't worth much before level 18.

Remember to pick up bounties and cash them in once completed. They give a great XP boost.
When you cash in bounties all of your equipped weapons get XP as well, so remember to equip anything new before cashing in.

Weapon damage means nothing in the Crucible, it's all about stats.
A 78 damage assault rifle with great stability will outperform a 200 damage assault rifle with shitty stability.
In short, if you get a weapon with great stats but outgrow its damage in single player, you might want to keep it for the Crucible.

Enemies with shields (divided white + red/yellow health bar and glowing aura) are weak to elemental attacks.
Only secondary and heavy weapons have elemental damage - void (purple), arc (blue) and solar (orange).
Match your element type with the colour of the enemies shield.

Uncommon and better armour will increase your stats in intelligence, discipline and strength. And light, after level 20.
Don't try to distribute the points, but pick one area to focus on. Once you hit 100 % discipline, for instance, you'll be throwing grenades constantly.
Light trumps everything, though, as it effectively increases all your skills, including damage output.

After level 20 the game really opens up with new mission types and higher difficulty, so aim to get there as fast as possible and start enjoying everything on offer.

Wrighty

18th Sep 14 at 02:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also

Farming good spots with your idol of wax etc on is a great way to get drops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozpAMtpz2nA

this appears to be one of the best places right now. he has a few more runs in his vids like shrine or oryx which is also very good for glimmer
XSIHardy

18th Sep 14 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really stuck on getting past level 21
Wrighty

18th Sep 14 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to equip armour with Light. Light allows you to increase your level above 20. you must collect rare (blue) legendary (purple) and exotic (gold) items

only 1 exotic can be equipped at a time.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Sep 14 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't reached lvl 22 either.

Don't think 21 is too bad after 15 hours though.

Re farming, the best one I've found is the lvl 6 mission on Moon, but with lvl 9 difficulty.
Just get to the end where the big doors open. Kill all the thralls as they pour out, then let the knight kill you. You'll respawn just before the doors open, but any drops will remain. Rinse and repeat.
Lots of videos of this on YouTube if anybody wants a go.

That said, I've tried a few farming approaches, but my best gear has so far come from Crucible and Strikes.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll