corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43)
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 15 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also - see how clean it is under the sound deadenning
--ToM--

3rd Jan 15 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
quote:
Originally posted by pro8186
quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Thanks mate

Haven't added up what I've spent in a while

The engine is a standard 1.0 still, I would like something bigger eventually but probably wouldn't be able to insure anything bigger at the moment.

Ive currently got a 98 black x16xe with 80k on clock (5k miles a year) wonder how many xe owners can say that ?, great clean car inside and out. Totally standard, selling soon. Would upload pic but dont know how to !!!

[Edited on 03-01-2015 by pro8186]

My black sport I had last year had 36k on it with all mots to back it up 1 previous owner and I put a proper xe in it too, what do I win?

[Edited on 03-01-2015 by --ToM--]
Jason x
Premium Member

3rd Jan 15 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Got a load of blue bulbs and switches for my vectra today off a mate even the steering wheel buttons lol can't be assed fitting them though lol

yeah its a bit of a hassle but does look good in the end

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
And u remember on my first b i had to bend the conductors

Also if you can do dash - you can do coilies

dash is surprisingly easy tbf, thought it would be a major hassle

taylorboosh

4th Jan 15 at 04:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coilies are 6 nuts and bolts a side (10 inc wheel nuts)...

Very easy - mine will be fitted over the next month so ill do a guide and you can see how low

Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Coilies are 6 nuts and bolts a side (10 inc wheel nuts)...

Very easy - mine will be fitted over the next month so ill do a guide and you can see how low

Thanks

[Edited on 04-01-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few more little updates - finished dash lights today

this was the car when i started this morning - freezing

taking it all off..

standard bulbs

blue bulbs in - once again like mfd all the bulbs needed the contacts flattening to make them work

then waited till it was dark to get some pics and see how it looks

the only bulbs not done are the headlight/foglight switch ones as pictured below, heard these ones need soldering ? took the vent off and unscrewed everything but the unit also seemed sealed.. might just buy ones thats already done from ebay.

Also while it was light i adjusted bonnet with help from my dad, not that noticeable on pics but looks a lot better in person and is probably as good as im going to be able to get it now

good enough for me

gidged500
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do like the badboy bonnet , good work doing the dash bulbs , should have taken the airbag bulb out for when you change the steering wheel
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers

funny you should mention that been looking at new steering wheels recently, like the look of the omp ones but need new seats first
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha ha I knew it ! Try and get some vectra recaros they are nice looking seats easier to get hold of than calibra leathers
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seen some of them for sale not long ago, just really want calibra ones clean set just come up on ebay but they got a "se2" on the seat

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Calibra-retrimmed-Leather-seats-/281552008782?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item418dceb64e

would be perfect other than that

gidged500
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are nice like you say the 2 on the seat really let's them down ! If I was you I'd watch them and see what they go for , anything less than £100 is a bargain you could always get the centres re trimmed plain rest is all new
BeetleGav

4th Jan 15 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The headlight switch etc doesn't need soldering, you just change the full units. I had colour changing ones in mine (proper distracting)
Think I bought mine from crazy leds
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They are nice like you say the 2 on the seat really let's them down ! If I was you I'd watch them and see what they go for , anything less than £100 is a bargain you could always get the centres re trimmed plain rest is all new

That's what I was thinking, get them cheap enough and then redone plain I asked if he'd post and he said no so I'll just keep looking for clean original ones
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
The headlight switch etc doesn't need soldering, you just change the full units. I had colour changing ones in mine (proper distracting)
Think I bought mine from crazy leds

Yeah I can imagine that being pretty distracting , how much you pay for it? Blue ones on eBay are pretty steep
BeetleGav

4th Jan 15 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't a clue, just looked on there website and they don't have the headlight unit on there currently.
Can't imagine them being expensive because I wouldn't have bought them
oJNAo
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

That's what I was thinking, get them cheap enough and then redone plain I asked if he'd post and he said no so I'll just keep looking for clean original ones

If it helps you get a good deal say that you'll organise collection and postage if they package them up and pay a tenner or so more for the hassle. That's how I blagged my alloys for almost nothing
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Jan 15 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Haven't a clue, just looked on there website and they don't have the headlight unit on there currently.
Can't imagine them being expensive because I wouldn't have bought them

£25 for this one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORSA-B-TIGRA-ASTRA-CAVALIER-BLUE-LED-HEADLIGHT-SWITCH-FREE-UK-POSTAGE-/271677571384?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f413ec138

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
If it helps you get a good deal say that you'll organise collection and postage if they package them up and pay a tenner or so more for the hassle. That's how I blagged my alloys for almost nothing

This guy doesnt seem to want postage at all, seems to want cash on collection
oJNAo
Premium Member

5th Jan 15 at 00:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This guy doesnt seem to want postage at all, seems to want cash on collection

Suppose that's fair enough, would be a nightmare to package up
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Jan 15 at 01:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went for some pics today, cars needs a clean i know !

[Edited on 15-01-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update - The Opel grill I bought just before Christmas arrived this morning along with a boot lock with the Opel badge on it.

The boot locks paint is pretty bad (pealing around the edges) but I only wanted it for the badge anyway, only issue is the vauxhall badge on my colour coded boot lock it did is super glued on so I doubt I'll be able to remove it without damaging boot locks paint so I will probably have to wait till some nice weather to spray another one before I can put the badge on.

Anyway got the grill straight on ...

Will be getting some genuine Opel mud flaps next
taylorboosh

15th Jan 15 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a fan
kedowan

15th Jan 15 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need better pics but I like it.
corsa-torque

15th Jan 15 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the switches in blue, I've sent you a U2u
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front looks better Badgeless.
oJNAo
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parked up next to an Astra yesterday and it had an Opel grille, boot lock, flaps and even centre caps. The Opel badge is definitely much nicer than the Griffin

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Corsa B 1L (dead page 43) 23 database queries in 0.1982889 seconds