corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Plasti Dip Car?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plasti Dip Car?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 14 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone on here done it, am thinking of giving it a go as a temporary fix for a coupe of years
Ben G

23rd Jul 14 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate in work is going to be plastidipping his brand new focus st over summer shutdown. He bought the proper gun and paint from a place near Stansted airport that does it.

He said the guy showed him some spraying techniques and samples with different amounts of layers on.

Might be worth contacting them? Probably be on Google.
SXI - Matt

23rd Jul 14 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What color is he going for? Really fancy getting my own Focus ST when the new face-lift model comes out.

Some good deals for staff at the minute just need to wait till I relocate nearer to home so don't have to travel so far.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Jul 14 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
My mate in work is going to be plastidipping his brand new focus st over summer shutdown. He bought the proper gun and paint from a place near Stansted airport that does it.

He said the guy showed him some spraying techniques and samples with different amounts of layers on.

Might be worth contacting them? Probably be on Google.

Will be looking into that as am pretty near the airport. Ask him who they are and I'll get him a biscuit.
Jambo

23rd Jul 14 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a look at doing it for my coffee table project (alloy)

Looks pretty simple enough tbh. There's a guy from US who did his Saab on the drive, wasn't perfect but looked fairly decent! Suppose it is a good way to protect it of try colours out. Seen it used for grilles as well, easier than painting (cheaper too). Just spray on, if shit peel off and try again.
Ojc

23rd Jul 14 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warren done his corsa
Ben G

23rd Jul 14 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
What color is he going for? Really fancy getting my own Focus ST when the new face-lift model comes out.

Some good deals for staff at the minute just need to wait till I relocate nearer to home so don't have to travel so far.

A blueberry colour. He didn't show me it but said he saw a pic of it on an audi rs4 and it looked good.

The deals on the current shape focus st are so tempting at the moment! Think it was £269 p.m for an ST-2 last time I looked.
Toby
Premium Member

24th Jul 14 at 04:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked into it. The spray kit was about 130/140 and then paint depending on the finish required was about the same again, maybe an addtitional 30 or so if you wanted a gloss finish. Becomes quite an affordable way to quickly change colour.
SXI - Matt

24th Jul 14 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt

A blueberry colour. He didn't show me it but said he saw a pic of it on an audi rs4 and it looked good.

The deals on the current shape focus st are so tempting at the moment! Think it was £269 p.m for an ST-2 last time I looked.

Ah nice that'll be different, yeah there very temping. Was looking at the ST-3 same as he had last time think it was about £260 on his list for that one. But the buy back price is what's tempting me huge saving vrs dealers ect.

Any idea when the facelift come out?
Ben G

24th Jul 14 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the guy my mate went to:

http://www.matt-pack.co.uk/
3CorsaMeal

24th Jul 14 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Ben, had my google out lastnight and couldn't find it.

Might just try my wheels first, now too keen on the texture i've seen on some cars, i reckon thats people doing it with rattle cans instead of the electric gun.
3CorsaMeal

24th Jul 14 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent, they are about 4miles away.
LukesCorsaSXi

24th Jul 14 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a youtube channel called DipYourCar.com I think or something along those lines - they use plastidip and give in depth tutorials on all the equipment.

Could have a look on there mate.
Balling
Premium Member

24th Jul 14 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
they sell plastidip and give in depth tutorials on all the equipment.
EFA. Seen the channel and I'm pretty sure they make it look better than it is.

Can't deep clean a mat or soft finish (clay, tar remover, polish etc. all out of the question), so after a couple of months on the road, the car's never going to look clean again.

Then, I'm always skeptical about these sort of things, so very possible it's as great as it seems. Unfortunately that's almost never the case.

spencer88

24th Jul 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
they sell plastidip and give in depth tutorials on all the equipment.
EFA. Seen the channel and I'm pretty sure they make it look better than it is.

Can't deep clean a mat or soft finish (clay, tar remover, polish etc. all out of the question), so after a couple of months on the road, the car's never going to look clean again.

Then, I'm always skeptical about these sort of things, so very possible it's as great as it seems. Unfortunately that's almost never the case.

Have had my grill Plasti Dipped for about two years now. Washes to a nice clean finish, looking like it did when first applied.

I was sceptical but honestly the stuff is fantastic.
3CorsaMeal

24th Jul 14 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Theres a youtube channel called DipYourCar.com I think or something along those lines - they use plastidip and give in depth tutorials on all the equipment.

Could have a look on there mate.

yeah, i've been looking at them vids, They do an audi in something called Alien dip.

Finish does look a bit naff up close, but i'm not too bothered, as long as it looks ok from a few metres away.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

24th Jul 14 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looks like bad orange peal
taylorboosh

24th Jul 14 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks shit imo just respray it properly
3CorsaMeal

24th Jul 14 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not got the money at the moment. Engine is costing a lot of money as getting new ancillaries as well.

Does look a bit rough now. So looking for a temp measure.
Jamie-C

24th Jul 14 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is spray wrapped

taylorboosh

24th Jul 14 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit
jacko198

25th Jul 14 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very flat. If it was more of a gloss then it could look good for a cheap solution!
3CorsaMeal

25th Jul 14 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get some gloss covering for it
Ben G

25th Jul 14 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indded you can. You mix glossifier in with it. It costs more though and most of these cunts want it done on the cheap.
Jambo

27th Jul 14 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to do mine.

Going to do my wheel for my coffee table as I CBA to get it powdercoated. See how it turns out.

If i did the car, I want champagne gold but think that would have to be a custom colour. Can also get lfip paint

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Plasti Dip Car? 23 database queries in 0.1025598 seconds