corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone 6 Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone 6 Thread
John

User status: Offline
13th Jun 14 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nexus 5 is bigger than a 5S and everything is better.

Going back to using a 5S is almost as bad as going back to a 4S, which btw everyone said was a fine size and resolution, until the 5 was suddenly the best.
A2H GO

13th Jun 14 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Johns definitely overtaken my fanboy status.

Dom - Ill have a look at that watch, the one Google demoed with Wear looked awesome but was just a concept and nothing seems to have materialised.

Edit: That motos the one, with the leather strap I agree it looks immense. If it performs as well as it looks I'll happily hand over £3-400 for it. Any news on release/ price?

Edit Edit: £199 and US release next month, I'm all over this.

[Edited on 13-06-2014 by A2H GO]
Cavey

13th Jun 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Smart watches will be a passing fad, exactly the sort of thing Apple should be staying away from.

Majority of people don't wear watches that tell the time as it is. Google Glass in one form or another (probably in a contact lens in the medium term) will have all that information, absolutely no need for it to be in a watch to do the same thing.

In don't think either will take off until Apple release an iWatch or and iGlass and that wasn't meant to be fanboyish (although I may contradict that now) they have the market to make it popular, and the fan base that will buy what they're told to buy. Of its a watch, then they will sell, of its glasses, then they will.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong
John

13th Jun 14 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a bit of a Google fanboy but when I said Google glass I meant more that type of HUD display. It will be augmented into you vision rather than on a device, certainly not a watch.

I've got a lot of appreciation for some apple kit, they still make top quality hardware, my beef with them now is they are just another company. As soon as everybody else finds that out, ash will need another brand to fanboy.
A2H GO

13th Jun 14 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's true, I'm a fanboy of whatever's best at the time, if in the future that happens to be products made by a company other than Apple then so be it.

Be amazed if we see the contact lens stuff go commercial in our life time, until then I'll settle for a watch, lol.
John

13th Jun 14 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
It's true, I'm a fanboy of whatever's best at the time

lol
evilrob
Premium Member

14th Jun 14 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More leaked photos from a third source:

Gary
Premium Member

14th Jun 14 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes sense to have two different sizes
kz

14th Jun 14 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still looks horrible from the rear but god I hope it's true they have a smaller one too, I'll definitely be going for that one. I know it's penned for an October release but any news on the announcement? My upgrade's due in September
Chrissy
Premium Member

14th Jun 14 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Smart watches will be a passing fad, exactly the sort of thing Apple should be staying away from.

Majority of people don't wear watches that tell the time as it is. Google Glass in one form or another (probably in a contact lens in the medium term) will have all that information, absolutely no need for it to be in a watch to do the same thing.

I never used to wear a watch until I bought a Pebble and I haven't had it off since.

It becomes so natural to glance at your watch when you get a notification sound from a phone in your pocket.

As Ash said above, I can't see that sort of contact lense technology becoming mainstream any time soon and so the wrist is the most unobtrusive and accessible area for a device like this.

>>>> Chris <<<<

A2H GO

14th Jun 14 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In meetings at work or driving, get a text, just glance at your wrist to see it. Walking directions on your wrist, the amount of times I would have used that in London last week rather than holding my phone out, all make sense. I don't need it to make phone calls or take pictures, if it was solely Google Now/Siri based with no apps as such, just a personal assistant I think it would be pretty cool, especially if it has all the fitness tracking stuff everyone's pushing at the moment.

Really keen on that Moto, can't see it being that cheap but not fussed, not bought any gadgets in ages. Only thing that concerns me is the size, in some photos it looks OK and in others it looks massive which would totally ruin it for me.

[Edited on 14-06-2014 by A2H GO]
Dom

14th Jun 14 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
As Ash said above, I can't see that sort of contact lense technology becoming mainstream any time soon...

Oh i don't know, i suspect we'll see Google Glass-esque type devices miniaturised down to contact lenses towards the end of our lifetime; they're already working, and have prototypes apparently, on contacts for monitoring diabetes so we're not that far away from more complex circuitry being implemented into contacts.

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Makes sense to have two different sizes.

But then one model/version could end up like the 5C, which hasn't sold anywhere near as originally projected. Either way, it's certainly not something Jobs would have done; as already mentioned, he'd "define" the market aka you either "like it or lump it"

quote:
Really keen on that Moto, can't see it being that cheap ....

£200 as you mentioned I suspect it'll be around that as well, otherwise Motorola would be pricing them well out of other comparable watches (Samsung Gear etc which is around £150).
A2H GO

14th Jun 14 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I meant, I can't see it being that cheap (£200), that price hasn't been confirmed. Then again it might not do much

Can't imagine it will be much use with an iPhone either

Apparently the Moto will be 46mm diameter, I wear one of these at the mo which is 45mm x 9mm so could be an ideal size diameter wise, the thickness is a bit off putting at 16.5mm though (not sure if that's confirmed).

Looks too big here:

But looks much better here:

Should probs starts a new thread for this

[Edited on 14-06-2014 by A2H GO]
John

14th Jun 14 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a garmin fenix 2 which looked massive. After wearing it for a while, when I go back to my normal watch, which although not massive is big enough, it now seems small so you do get used to it.
Jambo

17th Jun 14 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Second shots look better.

Agree with points that Apple seem to have completely lost it. However, fanboy or not I would get another over an android phone as I've never used one I liked. A friend has the hTC m8 I think it is and it's a lovely phone, just not a fan of the OS or the size/weight of the thing. I was one of the ones against the 5's larger screen, but soon adjusted so maybe bigger is better. I'd have to try one out to be sure.

Will be upgrading in December, might have to get a 5s due to the deal I get though. See what's around at the time.
Robin
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What watch is this?
evilrob
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
What watch is this?

http://www.mvmtwatches.com/collections/frontpage/products/white-tan-leather
Eck
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Jobs would be going mental.
I miss the Apple that preferred to have the best products opposed to the best selling products.

A lot of their philosophy seems to have gone to the grave with Jobs.

And in his grave he will most certainly be turning. I was considering a 6 since my HTC One is pish, but if it looks like that, I'll pass Everything Jobs believed in has been tarnished by terrible management.
R Lee

23rd Jun 14 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they ever going to bring out an iPhone nano?!?
That's all I've ever wanted from Apple.
A simple phone, calls, messages, great battery life, with Apple aesthetics
John

23rd Jun 14 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you want a Nokia from 5 years ago.
Generation

23rd Jun 14 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There would be no point with apple aesthetics if the phone only does those two things, it would have pretty big price tag for something very few people want. It's not worth them developing a phone like that
Russ

24th Jun 14 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
There would be no point with apple aesthetics if the phone only does those two things, it would have pretty big price tag for something very few people want. It's not worth them developing a phone like that
you mean like an apple product?
Generation

24th Jun 14 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, as the iPhone has huge demand as it is
Russ

25th Jun 14 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sub 20% market share
Rob_Quads

27th Jun 14 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol - and you think they are aiming for 100%. They don't care about anyone who won't spend £300+ on a phone let alone sub £100

Might only be 20% of the market but its a majority of the profit!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll