corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fa Cup thread.

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fa Cup thread.
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
18th May 14 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will I mate? How can you be so sure that when/if i have kids and "grow up" i'll suddenly stop caring about my team and main social circle and spend the rest of my days confined to my living room? As i said before, people with kids DO go to football you know

Cant wait for this transformation like, i imagine it'll be the same as when i used to get told "wait until you get a house and into the REAL WORLD, then you'll know" Well that happened and my life is exactly the same, i just have a house

Same bullshit spoke by same people.
JonnyJ

18th May 14 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
A guy at work is 45. Has no kids. Him and his missus have about a 200k income. Houses galore. Anything he wants he has.

But. He has no kids. He is the most non understanding person I know. If he sees a grain of suger on the side. He flips. If someone's off cause their kids are unwell he thinks they are out if order. Everyone is adament most people without kids are the same. As thy have no understanding of living with them or having to make exceptions in everyday life. If he had a kid. I think he would realise and be a much better person.

Ever considered that he might just be a bit of a dick?

I can counter that argument by simply saying i know loads of understanding people that dont have kids.
Eck
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Sound like excuses to me. As I said, each to their own, not for me like. I spent 9 hours driving to Fleetwood and back last night, spending money I didn't have and had we won

And that's fine for you as you know you just have to adjust life to pay for it

It's a totally different ball game for those with families who you are responsible for providing for

I enjoyed watching the game with the wife and celebrated together while the boys were asleep upstairs. Personally prefer that and being able to put money towards our 1 holiday this year

That's fine Rob, but again, I didn't bring kids or even going to the match into this, I only pointed out I found it bizarre people's first reaction to winning their first trophy in years was to jump on here. Especially since when we've discussed plastic fans in the past Ben was gushing about how much a trophy win would mean to him.

It's the same as those that have kids and their first port of call is to get a Facebook update written. Fucking enjoy the moment, it might not happen again for another 9 years.

That's something I agree with. Within minutes of birth people are saying how happy they are on Facebook. I'd rather savour every second of it, and will again some day.
Eck
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way, this will just keep going round until the end of time There are far too many variables (for those with, and those without kids) to say what is correct and incorrect.
taylorboosh

18th May 14 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just for benG - i too hate other peoples kids - your own is another matter
Ben G

18th May 14 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as you keep your kid quiet when out in public, thats fine.

It's the cunts that let them scream and run around aisles that I have an issue with.

Plenty of times i've nearly run them over with my trolley because they're fucking retarded and haven't been taught how to act properly by their scummy parents.
Eck
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck keeping them quiet 100% of the time But I too despise the folk who let them race around like idiots.
Dan
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, it should never stop you going to football matches once you have kids. If anything itll be more enjoyable taking your son to watch the game.

But, as I say to anyone, I was in a similar mindset as you jonny/steve, and never had any intentions of kids. However my missus convinced me after 5 years of begging, and no I wish id have done it straight away. I never know what we did with our time before him. Nothing beats walking in the door after a 12 hour shift, to someone running at you telling you they have missed you etc etc.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Steve
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather walk in the door and fire up my ps4 in all honesty
taylorboosh

18th May 14 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still going to do that at 45?
taylorboosh

18th May 14 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf you will have to wait for your mrs to start her periods regardless - few years living the dream to go mate
Eck
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I'd rather walk in the door and fire up my ps4 in all honesty

Some folk just aren't meant to have children. It seems you're one of them. Hopefully.
Ben G

18th May 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Tbf you will have to wait for your mrs to start her periods regardless - few years living the dream to go mate

Russ

18th May 14 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fuck is this? parenting day?
Eck
Premium Member

19th May 14 at 01:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turned out that way. Still feels odd to me to partake in these conversations

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fa Cup thread. 24 database queries in 0.0131559 seconds