corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fa Cup thread.

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fa Cup thread.
Ben J

User status: Offline
18th May 14 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JJ will be 60. Have been the most dedicated football fan than ever lived, but have no kids or family to tell about it. Apart from CS of course.
Eck
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 06:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing about financial viability is an odd one. So many opinions on it. Now I'm not on a massive wage, but more than enough to live comfortably, treat us well and still put money away for the little one. Depends how you look at your finances really.
Steve
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 06:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
JJ will be 60. Have been the most dedicated football fan than ever lived, but have no kids or family to tell about it. Apart from CS of course.

To be fair who gives a shit. I'm here to enjoy my own life as I'm sure jj is too.

If that means not running my life according to a set timeline dictated by Facebook then so be it
JonnyJ

18th May 14 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

People who don't have kids don't have families good one thicko and the last place I come when York do well is here, which was my point. Oddball.

Still, enjoy your expensive, selfish holiday to Le Mans, that happens every year. When your little lad grows up and asks why you never took him, you can tell him the truth

This wouldve been easier if you'd have just admitted you dont really care about Arsenal that much instead of blaming everything else in your life for why you were posting on here minutes after winning your first trophy in nearly a decade.
Aaron

18th May 14 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess this can't be settled unless York get to the FA Cup final while JonnyJ is 33 and has 2 kids.

Can't see it happening.
JonnyJ

18th May 14 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
I guess this can't be settled unless York get to the FA Cup final while JonnyJ is 33 and has 2 kids.

Can't see it happening.

Certainly got more chance of having 2 kids in the next 5 years than York making an FA Cup final but we could use relative terms and just say a playoff final. And if that does happen and moments after we win promotion I'm on CS, or any forum in the world for that matter going 'wooooo yeah' then you can call me a hypocrite.
Aaron

18th May 14 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skirting around the point as per

and yes, a play-off final is relative to an FA Cup Final for sure

[Edited on 18-05-2014 by Aaron]
JonnyJ

18th May 14 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok Aaron I don't expect you to understand.

Not sure what point I was skirting like, given this whole debate started when I asked Ben what he was doing on here moments after his team win the FA Cup, he brought his kids, wife, age & marital status into it, not me.
Aaron

18th May 14 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ok Jonny, I don't expect you to understand what i supposedly don't understand.
JonnyJ

18th May 14 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that all you have Aaron, jeez, you're thicker than I thought.

If you can't understand how a playoff final for York is relative to an FA Cup final for Arsenal then I suppose it's not much of a surprise your arguments are of the level of a kid at playschool. Try again though soft lad.
Rob_Quads

18th May 14 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Sound like excuses to me. As I said, each to their own, not for me like. I spent 9 hours driving to Fleetwood and back last night, spending money I didn't have and had we won

And that's fine for you as you know you just have to adjust life to pay for it

It's a totally different ball game for those with families who you are responsible for providing for

I enjoyed watching the game with the wife and celebrated together while the boys were asleep upstairs. Personally prefer that and being able to put money towards our 1 holiday this year
JonnyJ

18th May 14 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:
Sound like excuses to me. As I said, each to their own, not for me like. I spent 9 hours driving to Fleetwood and back last night, spending money I didn't have and had we won

And that's fine for you as you know you just have to adjust life to pay for it

It's a totally different ball game for those with families who you are responsible for providing for

I enjoyed watching the game with the wife and celebrated together while the boys were asleep upstairs. Personally prefer that and being able to put money towards our 1 holiday this year

That's fine Rob, but again, I didn't bring kids or even going to the match into this, I only pointed out I found it bizarre people's first reaction to winning their first trophy in years was to jump on here. Especially since when we've discussed plastic fans in the past Ben was gushing about how much a trophy win would mean to him.

It's the same as those that have kids and their first port of call is to get a Facebook update written. Fucking enjoy the moment, it might not happen again for another 9 years.
Rob_Quads

18th May 14 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess it does take a lot of effort to pick up a laptop / tablet and make a post. There's only so must jumping up and down you can do.

Maybe it's just me but I don't find it distributive. I can celebrate and still post a message
Steve
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every time I start to think about having kids I spend some time with some and I instantly go back to Nah.

Must be something wrong with me. They seem fairly popular on Facebook
JonnyJ

18th May 14 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
I guess it does take a lot of effort to pick up a laptop / tablet and make a post. There's only so must jumping up and down you can do.

Maybe it's just me but I don't find it distributive. I can celebrate and still post a message

Its more the fact its even on your mind.

I notice Robbo hasnt posted on here yet, wonder why that is? Probably enjoying it too much to even think about a Corsa forum.
Rob_Quads

18th May 14 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's on my mind because I live in the connected world and use it to my advantage ie my paste on Facebook connected me to other school friends who I know are arsenal supporters etc. also to wind up some others

Celebrating to me no longer just means with the person your sitting next to

Maybe it's just me.... Well obviously not by the posts here lol
taylorboosh

18th May 14 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are my thoughts on this - I am a sunderland fan who has a season ticket in a round about way - (mate works for club, gets two tickets to every home game, cups included, myself and my mate pay him £50 each per season to have these said tickets)

I also try to go to a few away games and went to every Cup game - including the semi at old trafford and wembley.

Because the club only sold wembley tickets to season ticket holders (i very much imagine arsenal to be the same), i had to pay an extortionate amount for me and my mate a ticket each

I have a child and was actually on a stag do in edinburgh the weekend of the final - travelling down to wembley late the saturday night on a coach - a very very long journey

I am committed to SAFC so would do it time and time again, it was an amazing experience.

So in this respect i agree with JJ

However, Ben doesn't go to matches, so i would think it shit if a fan who did was missing out for him.... You have no idea how frustrating it is trying to get tickets, when people who have never been to a match are wafting them about like they are top fan or something.

If i was ben, id of watched it at home, if i was ben and lived in london, id of took the bairn to a pub to watch it (id pick carefully the pub)
taylorboosh

18th May 14 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to add:

If my mate didnt get cheap tickets - i would pay full price and did so for many years previous

Wembley is a fantastic day win or lose and i imagine far better than le mans
nibnob21
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very good friend of mine who lives in London and is an Arsenal Silver Member tried to get tickets for us to go but couldn't.

I've not lived in Derby for long and the friends I have here are either not in to football or were away this weekend.

Some other people organised to go to the Coronet and then to the Emirates to watch the game and invited my mate along. He didn't let me know that was his plan otherwise I'd have tried to tag along and go down to London.

As it was I had no other option than to watch it at home by myself with a few tinnies. Sitting on the sofa with phone in hand texting my mate in London during most of the match. Didn't see it any more effort to talk to people on here at the same time. I'd rather be interacting with other interested people on here than be sitting there by myself with no one at all to share it with.

MX5 Project Thread
taylorboosh

18th May 14 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the pub to watch yesterdays game, may aswell of been at home, pubs are only good if you AND the rest of the people have a vested interest in the game
Ben G

18th May 14 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Every time I start to think about having kids I spend some time with some and I instantly go back to Nah.

Must be something wrong with me. They seem fairly popular on Facebook

Same here for mate.

Go to any supermarket on a Saturday or Sunday during the day and that should be enough to put you off the idea for life.

If i have a kid, it's getting brought up like it's in some kind of child army force. None of this screaming bollocks.
Ben G

18th May 14 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Here we go again, the great armchair fan debate.

It's pointless.

Some people prefer spending money going to the game, some like sitting infront of the telly with their family/friends/beer that doesn't cost a fortune.

Not even worth arguing over.

I do both, still get crucified if I don't go to every game. Can't win.

You should get yourself into masses of debt going to every game mate, else I will just believe that you're an armchair fan.
Steve
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 games a season. Non arm chair fan here
Ben J

18th May 14 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

People who don't have kids don't have families good one thicko and the last place I come when York do well is here, which was my point. Oddball.

Still, enjoy your expensive, selfish holiday to Le Mans, that happens every year. When your little lad grows up and asks why you never took him, you can tell him the truth

This wouldve been easier if you'd have just admitted you dont really care about Arsenal that much instead of blaming everything else in your life for why you were posting on here minutes after winning your first trophy in nearly a decade.

This is priceless. As I said earlier. When you grow up you may understand. Until then....
Dan
Premium Member

18th May 14 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy at work is 45. Has no kids. Him and his missus have about a 200k income. Houses galore. Anything he wants he has.

But. He has no kids. He is the most non understanding person I know. If he sees a grain of suger on the side. He flips. If someone's off cause their kids are unwell he thinks they are out if order. Everyone is adament most people without kids are the same. As thy have no understanding of living with them or having to make exceptions in everyday life. If he had a kid. I think he would realise and be a much better person.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Fa Cup thread. 24 database queries in 0.0187101 seconds